Protoss MASS Carrier

Started by Kaskame, March 07, 2010, 10:04:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaskame

Guys is there anyway to beat a MASS carrier with Terran ? Because every time I play FFA (4+) it's impossible to know what is all going to go ...because I rush to one that one goes to hell...the other player destroys another and it is 1v1 now..he will MASS Carrier but theres nothing to beat that Mass carrier!! only if we do mass BattleShips?! But if I didn't knew how da hell? I think TERRAN have lack of Anti-Air tbh!

With Zerg and Protoss is easy to counter attack this MASS Carrier...

Any Suggestion? :D

MeanMarine

Kaskame

Nukes work on air? :O Didn't knew LOL my bad xD

Gamewiz

Quote from: Kaskame on March 07, 2010, 10:04:47 AM

Guys is there anyway to beat a MASS carrier with Terran ? Because every time I play FFA (4+) it's impossible to know what is all going to go ...because I rush to one that one goes to hell...the other player destroys another and it is 1v1 now..he will MASS Carrier but theres nothing to beat that Mass carrier!! only if we do mass BattleShips?! But if I didn't knew how da hell? I think TERRAN have lack of Anti-Air tbh!

If you didn't know the comp was doing that, that's your fault. I remember somewhere a guy asked someone from Blizzard: "What do you do if the other player masses 30 battlecruisers?" His reply? "Don't let him get that many battlecruisers".

Don't let him mass Carriers. YOU HAVE TO SCOUT!!! If you don't, and lose to mass carriers, then there is really not a whole lot you can do, unless you had massed battlecruisers, or mass marines (stimmed with shield) with medivacs. There really is nothing else. Terran do not lack anti-air. They have plenty of things that can attack air. Some of the most effective anti-air is actually just a ton of marines with stim.

But no anti-air? Terrans have marines, thors, vikings, and battlecruisers. Take your pick.

Kaskame

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.......
But you are right! I gotta explore!!! :D But I gotta improve my stupid APM with the hotkeys ... man sometimes I use hotkeys but than i get annoyed with them ecause i get confused :S is soo fucking retard of me ... It's hard to get concentrated on controlling units...on economy and doing units etc...I think you understand :P

paranoid

MeanMarine

that's the first starcraft game:))

Kaskame

Does snipers still do EMP!? :D Or just steals mana? :o

paranoid

Yes, ghosts still have EMP, but no more lockdown.
EMP drains all energy and removes 100 from shield.

Instead of lockdown, they have snipe now: 45 damage for 25 energy (meaning with 200 of energy, one ghost can deal 360 damage!)
http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Ghost_%28StarCraft_II%29

vitalsine

lol @ the first video posted earlier. i couldnt get enough of all the chinese squeeling. hahaha.

cloak123

Quote from: Kaskame on March 07, 2010, 10:04:47 AM

3 or 4 thors with like 5 vikings and 2 ghost can easily take em all out ;)

bring back goliaths and lockdown imo

dragosan

haha vikings are like goliath just you gotta switch modes alot >_<

Kaskame

Thors die easily vs Carriers... :/ I had 4 missiles towers 3 thors 3 Battleships and some 16marines which didn't do a shit to the carriers O_o

He had like 10 carriers....

cloak123

Quote from: Kaskame on March 07, 2010, 02:05:24 PM
Thors die easily vs Carriers... :/ I had 4 missiles towers 3 thors 3 Battleships and some 16marines which didn't do a shit to the carriers O_o

He had like 10 carriers....

were you fully up'd Could be your problem, there a beast when 3/3 and easily took down carriers after a emp, also try splitting their army up microing

Kaskame

Not fully up'd ...like thors and battleships were 2/2 and carriers 1/2 I think...units were 0/0...
But my Battleships had just used (before battle) their specials to destroy 3 carriers...than 10 more carriers apear O_o wtf...maybe my problem is just being a bit slow doing the things...I got good microoing if im concentrated in the battle but than I see low economy and wtf I FORGOT THAT SHIT!....