StarLauncher v0.41 UPDATE with Team Setting, Color/Race Selection, Slot Changing

Started by Esper, March 07, 2010, 12:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esper

v0.4 Updates:
- Fixes team incomplete bug. Thanks et2010!
now SC2 shows the correct color in minimap, the correct cursor color and correctly "ally victory".

- Fixes bug of map path not utf-8 encoded.

Features:
Launching a starcraft 2 map, supporting team setting, color/race selection and slot changing. and it's only 65KB.

M.v.L

Rock 'n' Roll!

gzxaaa

YOU'RE THE GOD! You just spend 2 days and single-handedly achieved starcraft 2 beta single player mode + AI enabled mode + race selection enabled + observer enabled + team selection enabled with a 65KB program, which the whole Myst+Lazytown+Starcrack teams take such a long time with so many GUIs/Plugins/Packs to achieve (and only part of them). GENIUS!

P.S. Make sure you guys use the original maps Blizzard provides. No AI maps/Lazylauncher needed. This launcher will take care of setting AIs and everything else. You can use it together with any AI mod (script) just as usual.

SCFan68

Woah! This version seems to allow teaming properly!  I tried it with myself with an AI ally and the game came up and I could see his base and see him building. 

However, I think this launcher physically alters the source map file permanently, as opposed to creating a new "temp" map to launch from, as the others do?

cloak123

Quote from: gzxaaa on March 07, 2010, 12:50:34 PM
YOU'RE THE GOD! You just spend 2 days and single-handedly achieved starcraft 2 beta single player mode + AI enabled mode + race selection enabled + observer enabled + team selection enabled with a 65KB program, which the whole Myst+Lazytown+Starcrack teams take such a long time with so many GUIs/Plugins/Packs to achieve (and only part of them). GENIUS!

As a Chinese, I'm so proud of you. You're the REAL HERO!

You told me in the Chinese forum that you reverse engineered lazylauncher, but the race/ob/team selection functions are all your original work, completely independent from western cracking teams.

P.S. Make sure you guys use the original maps Blizzard provides. No AI maps/Lazylauncher needed. This launcher will take care of setting AIs and everything else. You can use it together with any AI mod (script) just as usual.

im american and hes my hero now :)

SCFan68

VERIFIED:  This launcher modifies the source map file permanently.

I tested this by using an unmodified, no ai added map to start.  I used this launcher to load it up with some AI's and so forth.  Then I quit the game.  The datestamp on the map had changed, and when I loaded the map directly with Lazy Launcher, there were AI's present, where normally an empty map such as this would do the "Victory!" thing immediately.

I'm very happy to see that someone got teaming up working.. but you can't change the source maps.  Other launchers do it by taking the source map, making the changes required, and then saving a temporary map file which is used to launch. They leave the original files untouched.

seanb

FULL EDIT:

I downloaded the DLL from a site, and the launcher works awesome. Me and 2 other computers just anniahlated another computer.

BRING ON THE 12 PLAYER MAPS!

cloak123

Quote from: seanb on March 07, 2010, 01:20:58 PM
I don't wanna be a downer, but this doesn't work for me. I've used nearly every launcher anybody has made so far, and this is the first that didn't work for me.

(windows 7, 64 bit, using Starcraft 2 with Beta Patch 4, which works with at least 2 other launchers)

StarLauncher.exe - System Error
The program can't start because MSVCR71.dll is missing from your computer. Try resinstalling the program to fix this problem.

It's awesome that it's 65kb, but is it missing something?

The 64 bit windows 7 does not have the dll just Download it and put it in your systems folder and it should run

andredoc

So how do I solve it:Download MSVCR71.dll from dll-files.com. (It is free.)[/size]Unzip...Place MSVCR71.dll into C:\Windows\System32 or C:\Windows\SysWOW64 if you using a 64-bit Windows.[/font]

gzxaaa

Quote from: SCFan68 on March 07, 2010, 01:14:31 PM
VERIFIED:  This launcher modifies the source map file permanently.

I tested this by using an unmodified, no ai added map to start.  I used this launcher to load it up with some AI's and so forth.  Then I quit the game.  The datestamp on the map had changed, and when I loaded the map directly with Lazy Launcher, there were AI's present, where normally an empty map such as this would do the "Victory!" thing immediately.

I'm very happy to see that someone got teaming up working.. but you can't change the source maps.  Other launchers do it by taking the source map, making the changes required, and then saving a temporary map file which is used to launch. They leave the original files untouched.

You're right. It's not a big problem at all as you can simply backup the original map and copy it back afterward. I think the author can easily make the launcher do this automatically to prevent further complains on this. But there's NO other crack at this time that can make you play with Allied computer/against Allied computers, which is the function we waited for weeks!

SCFan68

I agree.  I am just letting people know. Make sure you have a good backup of all the original, untouched maps somewhere else before you mess with this. It will change them on you.  I just was warning people more than anything.

seanb

LOVE YOU

EDIT: Nevermind, you already had that feature, i just didn't know how to properly use it.

chikopaws

I just played 2v2..

but I dont get it.. what AI this launcher used??

seems the AI are pretty dumb.. it even cant destroy the rocks guarding their base in shakuras plateu..

SCFan68

This launcher does not incorporate AI changes. You'd have to manually put the baseSC2data file in place yourself. If you haven't done so, it's using the default Blizzard (brain dead) AI.

chikopaws

Quote from: SCFan68 on March 07, 2010, 01:55:44 PM
This launcher does not incorporate AI changes. You'd have to manually put the baseSC2data file in place yourself. If you haven't done so, it's using the default Blizzard (brain dead) AI.

LOL.. no wonder !!  :D