StarLauncher v0.41 UPDATE with Team Setting, Color/Race Selection, Slot Changing

Started by Esper, March 07, 2010, 12:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackcode

TruSkill

I have a quick question. I got this launcher to work, but when I play a game, such as a 2v2 with teams as in me and a comp vs 2 other comps, my teammate is still red when i mouse over him, but we don't attack each other, but he still sends all his units to my base as if to attack me but he doesn't. The other two computers do the same thing.  Since they are "allied" and can see each others' bases, they send all their units as if to attack each other but don't, the units just sit in each others' bases.  I'm using StarCrackAI 6.0. Does everyone's teammates' ai do this as well or did i possibly do something wrong?

cloak123

Quote from: TruSkill on March 07, 2010, 02:33:17 PM
I have a quick question. I got this launcher to work, but when I play a game, such as a 2v2 with teams as in me and a comp vs 2 other comps, my teammate is still red when i mouse over him, but we don't attack each other, but he still sends all his units to my base as if to attack me but he doesn't. The other two computers do the same thing.  Since they are "allied" and can see each others' bases, they send all their units as if to attack each other but don't, the units just sit in each others' bases.  I'm using StarCrackAI 6.0. Does everyone's teammates' ai do this as well or did i possibly do something wrong?

no i believe they have not fully understand the process the game uses so far and only got it to work in regards of being allied, not all the mini map functions etc are found

gzxaaa

Quote from: Blackcode on March 07, 2010, 02:04:35 PM
Put your founds non this tread about team setting so i can upload later on wiki......
http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/ai-development/map-disassembling/msg7019/#msg7019

I hope the author can share his findings about team settings. It should be a simple and elegant method. He only took half day to find out how to enable team settings according to his post on the Chinese forum.

BTW, I also found the allied AI will send their army to each other's base instead of attacking the enemy together. I think this can be fixed by improving AI script.

Quit_out

It is not work!

Can not locate Starcraft II directory!
Try to put the StarLauncher.exe to the game directory.

P.S: He is placed in this directory!!!

ScubaSteve3465

when i click start game nothing happens? any ideas? does it have to be in a certain folder? or directory?

lurenjia

Quote from: Quit_out on March 07, 2010, 03:15:28 PM
It is not work!

I did not encounter this problem.

When I click the button "..." for browse map files, it just automatically identify my starcraft 2 main path.
However, I put my maps neither in the main path nor the user/...  So I have to manually specify the location of my map files.

Hope the information above is useful for you.

Quit_out

Quote from: lurenjia on March 07, 2010, 03:54:11 PM
It is not work!

When I click the button "..." for browse map files, it just automatically identify my starcraft 2 main path.
However, I put my maps neither in the main path nor the user/...  So I have to manually specify the location of my map files.

Hm! Likely this launcher does not support Russian path! =(

lurenjia

Quote from: Quit_out on March 07, 2010, 04:00:22 PM
Quote from: lurenjia on March 07, 2010, 03:54:11 PM
It is not work!

Hm! Likely this launcher does not support Russian path! =(
Probably this is the issue.
Maybe this problem is similar to Lazy Launcher.  Lazy Launcher do not support Chinese path.
Does the lazy launcher supports Russian path?

Blackcode

Quote from: gzxaaa on March 07, 2010, 12:50:34 PM
YOU'RE THE GOD! You just spend 2 days and single-handedly achieved starcraft 2 beta single player mode + AI enabled mode + race selection enabled + observer enabled + team selection enabled with a 65KB program, which the whole Myst+Lazytown+Starcrack teams take such a long time with so many GUIs/Plugins/Packs to achieve (and only part of them). GENIUS!

As a Chinese, I'm so proud of you. You're the REAL HERO!

You told me in the Chinese forum that you reverse engineered lazylauncher, but the race/ob/team selection functions are all your original work, completely independent from western cracking teams.

P.S. Make sure you guys use the original maps Blizzard provides. No AI maps/Lazylauncher needed. This launcher will take care of setting AIs and everything else. You can use it together with any AI mod (script) just as usual.

ok... ofc we belive him he did not got inspired from western Crack Teams (anyway why he released his launcher after and not first?) who were stupid enough to publish their results for public... let's do not enter in the disscusion of chinese not chinese bcs your on mined field there...

Bt

Just awful until they fix where it messes up your maps.

Worst launcher out until this is fixed.

bustya

This doesn't work with update 4. And it wont let you select which version to use.  :'(

gzxaaa

Quote from: bustya on March 07, 2010, 04:58:55 PM
This doesn't work with update 4. And it wont let you select which version to use.  :'(

I have update 4 and it's working with no problem. BTW, why do you need to switch version for playing? For watching replay you don't need this launcher, just run Starcraft II.exe and it'll automatically adapt game version to replay's version. (well u need the Battle.net\SWF\Authentication.gfx, which is well known since the second day Starcraft 2 beta out)