StarLauncher v0.41 UPDATE with Team Setting, Color/Race Selection, Slot Changing

Started by Esper, March 07, 2010, 12:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kblood

Quote from: Bt on March 07, 2010, 04:44:17 PM
Just awful until they fix where it messes up your maps.

Worst launcher out until this is fixed.
Ehhh, and you got your sources from where exactly? I was a bit uneasy when I found out what it actually did. So far it seems to do it very well though, maybe because only a few maps lets you modify maps so directly. At least I have had problems adding the SC v6 AI to most maps. The result when it worked though? :D
See for yourself:
http://dionysus.dk/SC2/Maps%20with%20Starcrack%20V6%20AI/Replays/
Download the two Starlauncher replays. They have been made with starlauncher.
Get these maps:
http://dionysus.dk/SC2/Maps%20with%20Starcrack%20V6%20AI/Verified_SCv6maps/
Or at least get:
http://dionysus.dk/SC2/Maps%20with%20Starcrack%20V6%20AI/Verified_SCv6maps/(4)%20-%20AIDev%20-%20Metalopolis%20AIv6.s2ma
Both replays are made in this one map, even though it was changed twice by the launcher.
If you copy this map into your:
Users\*username*\AppData\Local\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\Cache\Download
folder. It should be possible to make this work with any folder, but since this is the one I used while making this replay, others watching my replay will have to do this as well.
Also you need to be viewing these replays on a fully updated version of SC2 Beta, with no AIs installed, because the AI is in the map file itself.
Conclusion? Replays does not care if the mapinfo file has been changed in the map. The replays apparently have their own mapinfo data. Which makes this launcher perfect for what I have been looking for. Now all it needs is some AI that utilizes the synergy of team work instead. So far this AI just hugs its neighbor.
I did a team AI test but did the mistake of trying out the referee player type, which I do not know what is. A gamemaster? Another kind of observer? A helper? No matter what that type is, it is a type that makes the replay fail it seems. At least if you play as an observer and choose the referee's perspective. That is my guess anyway. You can try my team AI test bugged replay to see what happened.
So what is the problem with this map? It bugs when you try it on lost temple? I will need to test some more. I suspect there is in fact a problem with some of the maps, because they make errors when I try adding files to them, while other maps are just fine about it. And all the maps we use come from the same Cache afaik, so its probably just variations of the same bugged map. At least that is my theory.
And now its time for me to praise the OP :)   :o Well done Chinese guy. I am even suspecting that all bugs encountered with this 0.3 launcher is actually bugs in the beta game and the beta maps we are using, and the incomplete AI that goes with it. But I could be wrong. At least with the maps that does not bug for me, it seems to work just fine.

Bt

kblood

Quote from: Bt on March 07, 2010, 06:06:03 PM
I wasn't talking about replays

Please read the entire thread
I did, and I just read it again because of you asking me to. What bug are you talking about? I have had no errors, and you are the only one making me thing there are any.
The launcher works. It can work with replays with the method I mentioned. It changes the maps, because that is how it makes all its functions possible, and it does so flawlessly as far as I can tell from my testing so far. Been testing this for 2-3 hours.
My replays are just me proving my point that it IS working, and very well. The maps that some say are changed, are not changed in any negative way, they are just edited by the launcher, in a very brilliant way from what I can tell, since it does not seem to dmg the map, or change the map so it wont be usable by previous replays.
Replays are very picky about maps being edited, and the fact it still accepts the maps after having been through this launcher proves to me that it works.
Now I will have to test it with maps that might cause problems... :) You will have to specify what problems you are actually referring to for me to figure out what you are claiming to be dramatically bugged about this launcher.

SCFan68

The problem is that it modifies the source map permanently, which should be a no-no.

Other launchers load the source map file in, make the changes, but save it out to the drive as some temporary map file to be launched.

This one changes the map file in your directory and doesn't revert the changes. So if you started with unspoiled maps, with no changes, they will not stay that way.  It just seems like a bad way to deal with things.  It should be able to create a playable game, on a map, without changing your source map files permanently. The others do it by use of a temporary map file, created on the fly per usage.

kblood

Quote from: SCFan68 on March 07, 2010, 06:49:44 PM
The problem is that it modifies the source map permanently, which should be a no-no.

Other launchers load the source map file in, make the changes, but save it out to the drive as some temporary map file to be launched.

This one changes the map file in your directory and doesn't revert the changes. So if you started with unspoiled maps, with no changes, they will not stay that way.  It just seems like a bad way to deal with things.  It should be able to create a playable game, on a map, without changing your source map files permanently. The others do it by use of a temporary map file, created on the fly per usage.
And because the dates on the map change, you say the maps are changed? The same happens if I copy the maps. The fact is the only change it really does, is edit the mapinfo file in the map. Which is of no consequence to anything else. I tested it, and it is not. I am just amazed this guy pulled that off. Instead of opening the file, it must be doing hex editing on the fly I am guessing, and it works great so far.
You claim it is a no no to change these maps, however the maps we are playing with comes from cache files, or am I wrong? Which means these map files are actually just generated by the Battle Net 2 server at some point. They were meant to be edited several times.
I would usually agree, do not change the files. This one does it so well though, that it affects nothing else. The only thing it might affect, and only just might, is running the map directly with LazyLaunch2 which might end up playing the map with the last chosen settings this launcher started the game with.
Now do you have a valid argument why editing the map on the fly is a bad thing, if no errors have yet to come from it? So far it seems the an error would only occur if the computer crashes the exact moment you are running the map.
Well, I will test if it edits the map with something that has an impact on something, anything even. Except just changing the date. I suspect it does permanently change the mapinfo file. Personally that is cool with me as long as it does so without causing errors.

SCFan68

sigh.. I don't know why I bother to try to help. People jumping all over me, and with bad info.

It ABSOLUTELY changes the map. You can test it yourself to prove it.

Take an unspoiled map that has no AI on it. An original, untouched official map.

Load it with Lazy Launcher. Note is says "VICTORY!" right away.  Because the map has no AI on it by default.

Now, use this new launcher to setup a game on that same map, the way you want it.  Put in AI's, etc.  And launch and play.

After you quit the game, go back to Lazy Launcher, and load the original map again. Viola, it now has AI's on it, when it was unspoiled before.  Because he physically changes that source map, permanently.

I think you just don't understand.  Yes, the launchers take an original map and modify it to use AI.  THE DIFFERENCE IS THE OTHER LAUNCHERS DO SO BY CREATING A NEW, TEMPORARY MAP FILE TO LAUNCH FROM.   THEY DO NOT MODIFY YOUR ORIGINAL SOURCE MAP IN ANY WAY.

If you don't get it, I can't explain it any more clearly.  I'm just trying to warn people that they will end up getting their maps changed. It's a legitimate and unexpected concern.  Yet I get people jumping down my throat as if I'm off my rocker, or don't know what I'm talking about.. or making a big deal about something trivial.

It's not trivial.  It's NOT the the proper way for a launcher like this to work.  It will ultimately change all your map files irrevocably. It shouldn't do that. It should leave them unspoiled.

Someone help me out here. I have not the patience to keep trying to explain this.

bignamethefer

Quote from: gzxaaa on March 07, 2010, 12:50:34 PM
YOU'RE THE GOD! You just spend 2 days and single-handedly achieved starcraft 2 beta single player mode + AI enabled mode + race selection enabled + observer enabled + team selection enabled with a 65KB program, which the whole Myst+Lazytown+Starcrack teams take such a long time with so many GUIs/Plugins/Packs to achieve (and only part of them). GENIUS!

As a Chinese, I'm so proud of you. You're the REAL HERO!

You told me in the Chinese forum that you reverse engineered lazylauncher, but the race/ob/team selection functions are all your original work, completely independent from western cracking teams.

P.S. Make sure you guys use the original maps Blizzard provides. No AI maps/Lazylauncher needed. This launcher will take care of setting AIs and everything else. You can use it together with any AI mod (script) just as usual.

except the whole Myst+Lazytown+Starcrack teams crack the game way before him

and as a chinese, i'm not so proud of what you said, let's not bring up the western eastern thing and draw boundaries between us, we are all human and we play the same game, can't we live with that?

to the op, great job! it worked perfectly for me except when i destroyed all the enemy structures the game did not end, i did not get a victory messsage. I don't know if there is anything you can do about that, but if you can, get that fixed would be nice.

vitalsine

gzxaaa

To kblood: The referee is almost the same to the spectator but you can type messages in game.

What I'm wondering now is that for those playing Co-op game on Battle.net with beta keys, would allied AIs will attack enemy together or send army to each other's base like this one? The answer will result in two cases:

1. The launcher fully achieved team arrangement as Blizzard does, but current AI scripts lack the part for allied actions and will only attempt to attack every other players.

2. The AI scripts (even the Blizzard's VERY easy one) are already complete, but the launcher has not changed the team arrangement thoroughly. It only makes allied units not attackable and able to see each other, but the AI engine still recognize the allied player as hostile.

BTW, I found that the Muta's bounce damage hurts allied units; seems different from starcraft 1.

CraniX

Quote from: gzxaaa on March 07, 2010, 12:50:34 PM
YOU'RE THE GOD! You just spend 2 days and single-handedly achieved starcraft 2 beta single player mode + AI enabled mode + race selection enabled + observer enabled + team selection enabled with a 65KB program, which the whole Myst+Lazytown+Starcrack teams take such a long time with so many GUIs/Plugins/Packs to achieve (and only part of them). GENIUS!

As a Chinese, I'm so proud of you. You're the REAL HERO!

You told me in the Chinese forum that you reverse engineered lazylauncher, but the race/ob/team selection functions are all your original work, completely independent from western cracking teams.

P.S. Make sure you guys use the original maps Blizzard provides. No AI maps/Lazylauncher needed. This launcher will take care of setting AIs and everything else. You can use it together with any AI mod (script) just as usual.

I am pretty sure  race selection functions were my discovery, i made these memory address's public :p

Starcraft 2 Race Loader By CraniX

GIVE CREDIT WHERE IT'S DUE

Starcraft 2 Hacking Development
http://hackdev.easyforum.ru

Esper

Quote from: Blackcode on March 07, 2010, 02:04:35 PM
Put your founds non this tread about team setting so i can upload later on wiki......
http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/ai-development/map-disassembling/msg7019/#msg7019

My way to implement team setting is ugly and not good. it patched/replaced the native code of galaxy function "PlayerGetAlliance", making it works as "PlayerSetAlliance", and patched the MapScript.galaxy for setting it.
I failed in finding way by modifying "MapInfo".
I have no time to work on this launcher, i will upload the source today later :)

Rosenberg

Quote from: Esper on March 07, 2010, 08:53:01 PM
Quote from: Blackcode on March 07, 2010, 02:04:35 PM
Put your founds non this tread about team setting so i can upload later on wiki......
http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/ai-development/map-disassembling/msg7019/#msg7019

My way to implement team setting is ugly and not good. it patched/replaced the native code of galaxy function "PlayerGetAlliance", making it works as "PlayerSetAlliance", and patched the MapScript.galaxy for setting it.
I failed in finding way by modifying "MapInfo".
I have no time to work on this launcher, i will upload the source today later :)

It would be grand if you did that, I'm sure everybody that has a knowledge in programming is going to work on it to make a little better.  ;D

Regardless though, thanks for the hard work you've done so far.

vitalsine

Yea, the AI definetly hordes around its teamates bases. With 6.0 its still a challenge taking down a base. But my teamates just sat at my base the whole damn time. haha. Whack. Still good though, lets hope someone can figure out how to make them know we are allied.

Rosenberg

Quote from: vitalsine on March 07, 2010, 09:04:03 PM
Yea, the AI definetly hordes around its teamates bases. With 6.0 its still a challenge taking down a base. But my teamates just sat at my base the whole damn time. haha. Whack. Still good though, lets hope someone can figure out how to make them know we are allied.

That's one thing that the AI makers have to figure out.  :(