StarLauncher v0.41 UPDATE with Team Setting, Color/Race Selection, Slot Changing

Started by Esper, March 07, 2010, 12:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ludicrous

VERY NICE!! great that you got this working the only problem i have to mention at the moment is that one the AI still doesn't think that were allied but that's a problem with the AI script. But the thing is we're allied but we still don't see each others cloaked units. any way to fix this?

Ucyrin

THX ! for this nice little tool  ;D . I did try a 1(me)vs2(AI) and it worked fine. And with the new Starcrack 6.1(no cheat) it was a good challenge  :-\ .

PS: For those who wants to download this nice little tool, make a new folder in the Starcraft 2 beta folder with copies of the maps you have, and use this folder only for this tool to load the maps. That way if you wanna use another launcher the files wil not be change.

And to all GL HF  ;)

Gamewiz

I love the team setting! I decided to try and pull a "Starship Troopers" moment by playing 1v3, I was terran against 3 zerg, using the StarCrack AI v6.1. However, I limited myself to building only marines and medivacs, as well as a few tanks for defense only. It was epic. :) It was a hard fight, but I did win!

jenkinsdjtg

im getting this system error.

The program can't start because MSVCR71.dll is missins from your computer.

Kernel64

Quote from: jenkinsdjtg on March 08, 2010, 10:44:37 AM

Same here.

Master619

Quote from: Gamewiz on March 08, 2010, 09:43:07 AM
I love the team setting! I decided to try and pull a "Starship Troopers" moment by playing 1v3, I was terran against 3 zerg, using the StarCrack AI v6.1. However, I limited myself to building only marines and medivacs, as well as a few tanks for defense only. It was epic. :) It was a hard fight, but I did win!

I think some additional banshees won't ruin the moment  :P :P , and sure they look real cool  ;D .
// I tried some Avatar feeling with these banshees and marauder, and god it was superb  8) 8)

Rosenberg

Quote from: Kernel64 on March 08, 2010, 10:58:33 AM

Same here.

Here's the dll: http://www.dll-files.com/msvcr71.zip?0VIkXEXGdS
If you're using Windows 7 64bits copy it to C:\Windows\SysWOW64
(Being that at first I didn't know where to put it, I distributed a copy around, one in SysWOW64, one in system32 and one in the folder containing the program)

HpNoTiQ

Hi, it's a really good launcher and since the team option is really working it's even better. The only cons to use this launcher is that it alters the map.
Will you fix this?

jenkinsdjtg

Quote from: Rosenberg on March 08, 2010, 11:10:31 AM
Quote from: Kernel64 on March 08, 2010, 10:58:33 AM

Same here.

Here's the dll: http://www.dll-files.com/msvcr71.zip?0VIkXEXGdS
If you're using Windows 7 64bits copy it to C:\Windows\SysWOW64
(Being that at first I didn't know where to put it, I distributed a copy around, one in SysWOW64, one in system32 and one in the folder containing the program)

thnx, i put it in system32 though.

hiiro

Its nice to finally fight a team of AI opponents. Many thanks, If its not too much trouble it would be better if it used a temp map and modify that so that the original map you selected does'nt get modified, thats the only problem I have. Again keep up the good work and thanks again.

mariomaniac33

Yep, I can confirm that v0.41 has teams working properly now! Many thanks!

However, there is a bug that should be pointed out. When playing with 6 player Metapolis, the launcher does not set up the teams and races properly. For example, you want player 6 to be terran and on your team with player 4 as Zerg and on the enemy's team, however, Zerg will be on your team and Terran will be the enemy.

This bug makes setting up 3v3 rather difficult since it sometimes becomes a 2v4.

lurenjia

Quote from: mariomaniac33 on March 08, 2010, 05:01:26 PM

However, there is a bug that should be pointed out. When playing with 6 player Metapolis, the launcher does not set up the teams and races properly. For example, you want player 6 to be terran and on your team with player 4 as Zerg and on the enemy's team, however, Zerg will be on your team and Terran will be the enemy.

This bug makes setting up 3v3 rather difficult since it sometimes becomes a 2v4.
The reason is the 6 player Metapolis map is not an official map by Blizzard. It is a modified map file, so the tool would have problem dealing with it.

mariomaniac33

Quote from: lurenjia on March 08, 2010, 05:16:25 PM
Quote from: mariomaniac33 on March 08, 2010, 05:01:26 PM

The reason is the 6 player Metapolis map is not an official map by Blizzard. It is a modified map file, so the tool would have problem dealing with it.

True, but the tool supports 6 player and Blizzard has not made any 6 player maps yet. Therefore, it is assumed that the tool can support these maps (which it can). There is just a small bug where the tool is mapping the settings to the wrong players. It shouln't be too hard to fix.  ;)

EDIT: I figured out the bug. I just finished playing a 3v3 without any problems  :P . Basically, it seems that the teams settings are in the incorrect positions. So:
Player 1: Choose team at Player 2
Player 2: Choose team at Player 3
Player 3: Choose team at Player 4
Player 4: Choose team at Player 5
Player 5: Choose team at Player 6
Player 6: Choose team at Player 1
Like I said, it shouldn't be too hard to fix. I didn't decompile it or anything, but I did test it and play around with it, and it seems that they are all off by one like so. Hopefully the author will be able to fix this team issue soon, but in the mean time, it can be worked around.

Kouga

Dracogon

Hey guys can you help me? I tried to use this launcher and It just stops working, please help, it hates me T^T