StarCrack AI Official 6.0 Feedback Thread

Started by turdburgler, March 05, 2010, 11:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greekmanx

cant get it too load crashed both my launchers and lazy launch 2

Lenor

Just played the normal v6.0 AI and it was zerg vs protoss.I was able to kill about one control of zealots with only 6 roaches,I had the speed upgrade for the roaches and the AI didn't had the charge upgrade for the zealots,so I was backing up,firing a shot,backing up...and so on.
I'm gonna give it another go,if it's still so easy I'm gonna try the cheating version.

MortalPlague

I just registered to say great job, guys.  Thanks for all your hard work!

I just played a 3 player game... I was Terran, against a Zerg and a Protoss.  The Zerg had no problems with my wall of supply depots; they attacked until they only had a few zerglings left, then retreated.  No more dancing back and forth.  The computers duked it out, then the Protoss came in and attacked my base, using three colossi to climb the cliffs behind me.  Very nice.

rashban

First of all - thanks!

I fired this new AI up for a game of 1 on 1, ZvT on Blistering Sands. I went with a 13pool/16Queen/22 Hatchery (or something like that) build, spent the first 100 gas on ling speed, the second 100 gas on lair tech. I managed to kill his first scouting SCV with my two initial lings, get a bunch of lings with speed and managed to establish a contain with those lings. The AI responded by building a bunch of marauders and marines, while teching up to medivacs. My first 9 or so mutas came at roughly 8½ minutes, and I was able to harass its worker line with those while my lings made sure it didn't get an expansion going. After a couple of minutes of gathering lings and mutas I was able to just 1a2a into its base and overrun it with 0/1 mutas and 0/1 lings.

-The AI didn't build a single missile turret, despite the muta-ling-thing I had going, in fact I don't think he even had an engineering bay. It did build some vikings, however, but it was too little - too late.
-The AI had about 800 gas for most of the game without spending it on anything (tech, upgrades, whatever...)

Still, I think this AI shows promise, and it does play a lot better than any other AI out there.

Cr4zyJeff

Played ZvZ... teched to mutas.. opponent never made any AA... steamrolled. Did great in terms of macro, but didn't have any adaptability.

DVader18

Okay this is embarrassing but I have to say it. I have no idea how to apply the AI. help?

ImWaitingforStarcraft3

Just played 3 games against the standard AI.

Game 1- Me Z v T. Computer scouted with SCV and started going back and forth (like the old bug). I kept scouting and he seemed to have about 20 rines and marauders, he couldve done some damage but he didnt advance from his base. He let me expo 3 times and I managed to mass 3-4 groups of Hydras, some infestors, lings and banelings. I decided to attack rather than keep waiting for the AI to do something. I completely overran them, they had 12-15 vikings, 2 groups of infantry and an expo.

Too easy, honestly felt easier than 5.5

Game 2- on the 5 player metalopolis I was Protoss and the computers let me expo and build a huge army within 20 min I had mothership and 3-4 control groups of units, 2 expos and tons of warpgates. I just walked through all of them, only one computer showed more than 15 units and it was the Zerg who I killed last.

Once again too easy.

Game 3- 1v1 me T v Z , computer scouted early, sent lings which kept dancing back and forth. Allowed me to expo to the Island and my natural, I scouted and he had barely anything, killed him with a 4 medivac drop which didnt require any micro.

Easy.

Consensus on standard so far: Better than 5.5 but the improvement was not as large as 5.5 from 5.0 (if you get what I mean). Don't take this as a damning analysis, I am a very experienced and good starcraft player, pretty much no AI will cause me trouble. But its much more realistic.

THANKS AGAIN DEVS!!!!

Going to try the cheating version, see if its better than Goose cheating 5.5.

creamsoda

Just played a couple TvP games. First game, I made 5 barracks, and killed the AI within minutes.

Second game, still TvP. I made a couple bunkers, and 3 barracks. When it attacked me, I killed its army then countered and won.

It's still a great improvement from 5.5 though. Good job Turd.

DVader18

Again, no idea how to apply AI but would really like to. Help?

Lenor

played another game,this time ZvZ,he made banelings,fast mutas and lots of lings,no roaches though.Still was very easy to win against.Gonna try the cheating version.

ImWaitingforStarcraft3

Quote from: DVader18 on March 06, 2010, 12:09:29 AM

THeres a README file in the download and in the OP. Which is understandable to anyone who understands english. And above the age of 5

killabyte

i'd start by reading the damn text file inside the file you downloaded that says readme.

just did a 3 on 1, still pretty easy.  once the AI's work together it might be a challenge. 

DVader18

Quote from: ImWaitingforStarcraft3 on March 06, 2010, 12:12:01 AM

THeres a README file in the download and in the OP. Which is understandable to anyone who understands english. And above the age of 5

Yes which I followed. Didn't overwrite 5.5 for some reason. Look I'm completely computer illiterate. To be honest it's nothing short of a miracle I've gotten this far. But now I am stuck, so I humbly ask for your help. Extracting to my Beta file changes nothing.

Artanis186

Well, started a easy mode to warm up to it, and I must say, as of what I have seen, I am impressed. They attacked in a really large wave that would have raped my forces. Luckily, I discovered how powerful Psionic Storm REALLY is right in time. 2 of them took out over 1/2 their army. As I attacked him, he was just starting his expansion. So it wasn't well prepared for me. I took out his forces with some more storms and continued to demolish his main. I was pondering why he wasn't 'gging' and went to scout the rest of the map. To my expectations I found not only a base, but a base that had 4 photon cannons in it. I also noticed they started building a Forge near their defeat in said expansion.

Well, I congratulate you on your job well done. Now it's time to go in for the real shit. I'll report back with an update on notable desired improvements and overall satisfaction of it. I'll specifically be looking for the AI using spells. Wish me luck. :)