StarCrack AI Official 6.0 Feedback Thread

Started by turdburgler, March 05, 2010, 11:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nessdude14

This AI is a whole lot smarter than the last versions.  v5.5 would just run back and forth outside your base if they think they can't take out all of your defenses and it never defended any of its expansions and basically just turtled.  v6 actually seems to try to control the map a bit and will withdraw to a safe spot if they're unable to win the battle.  It kept up with me quite well in the beginning but fell behind in mid-game and I won in about 15 mins.  I'll probably play it a few more times and then see how i fair against the cheating version.

Gamewiz

My friend totally got his ass kicked by this AI. It's awesome. :)

lantay77

Quote from: ashdlgsagld on March 06, 2010, 12:27:31 AM
played TvP against ai 6.0 standard edition
the comp seemed to be building a lot of zealots and had a nicely built base, but he never attacked... after destroying his nexus he started another base but never really built up a force.  he never teched past zealot/stalker.  i sat around for a while maxing reapers to see what he'd do and ended up just sweeping through his base in about 10 seconds  :-[

tldr; comp did nothing, played dumber than 5.5

hmm you sure you got 6.0 standard? the AI attacked me relentlessly with large groups.

ooni

I think it's not a huge improvement but improvement nevertheless. Protoss seem to be not doing very well and zerg likes to spam but doesn't do that well. Terran was the most fun but no counter to units means crush crush crush. Felt like playing against a noob-mediocre player and that's all I ask from an AI.

takar

Can you upload the file to some host? our 4rum is overload, i tried many times but fail to download.

Rosenberg

Something is wrong, either I'm good or all the AI available are too easy for me. I was eager to try this version but turned out to be a little easy for me (won as a zerg twice against protoss and terran). I have to say, it's better than the previous versions though. Thanks for the hard work anyways guys, keep it up.

DVader18

Quote from: killabyte on March 06, 2010, 12:26:03 AM
np buddy.  thats what happens when we ASSume stuff.  i ASSumed you were just stupid so again, my apologies guy.

have fun with it

Ya dude this is good stuff. Thanks once more. Wouldnt be playing it without ya.

Props to turd as a side note

onimusha1985

6.0 standard is pretty damn good. I played on a 4 player map. ARound mid game, the terrain had seige tanks in seige mode, those big arnold talking guys (forgot the name), and generally a good/strong ground force. I lost later on though because protoss had like 10-12 carriers. I had good ground vs ground force, but not enough ground vs air. I just turtled through out the game though and didnt attack anything... i just let them come to me.

onimusha1985

oh and thanks goes out to the guys who made this script.

legendre

The non-cheating AI is very weak but this could be the limit of an AI. However, the "back and forth" problem is gone...or I think its gone. I used to play the cheating AI because it was more challenging but the cheating AI forces me to turtle, something I will never do in a normal game, because I know it has more resources and hence will beat me in a straight up numbers match.

Game 1 - Terran vs AI Zerg, Lost Temple

I wall up as usual and went reaper rush then Marines/Marauders/Medivacs (MMM). The Zerg sent lings to attack my wall but it was easily fend off with 0 losses by the mass of marines and reapers behind it. Harassed the Zerg base when I have 4-6 Reapers and found it was very easy to do terrible damage to its economy and buildings, taking out the queen in the process too. Then MMM overran the AI from the front.

Not sure why but I can't view replays. I think I won in less than 15 mins? Extremely easy. The AI can't even handle a small reaper rush and didn't make any significant attacks against me.

Game 2 - Terran vs AI Terran

I wall up, rushed reapers as usual and AI defended his main with his army. So I went tanks and waited for his army to leave his base then did terrible damage to his economy while his Marine/Marauders crashed into my siege tanks.Extremely easy kill. But this AI is an amazingly improvement over the original "Very Easy" AI that came with the Beta. Good job!

ooni

Quote from: Rosenberg on March 06, 2010, 12:52:43 AM
Something is wrong, either I'm good or all the AI available are too easy for me. I was eager to try this version but turned out to be a little easy for me (won as a zerg twice against protoss and terran). I have to say, it's better than the previous versions though. Thanks for the hard work anyways guys, keep it up.

if you played any other RTS this is a picnic. Yeah but I fought worse players than this. ^-^

Forgot to add, too many zealots with Protoss. Zealots get owned too easily, plus they don't attack early enough with zealots.

btnheazy03

seed013

The zerg do a great job of rushing on maps that its hard to wall in, but I still managed to turtle and beat it. I love this script and thing it is a huge improvement, thanks so much

TiHsMaD

great job... thanks.. first time got beat up...