StarCrack AI Official 6.0 Feedback Thread

Started by turdburgler, March 05, 2010, 11:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DemonStalker

Definitely a problem.  I suggest using LazyLaunch instead of those GUI launchers.

Schrii

ummmmmm...............that's what im using........

Schrii

Quote from: DemonStalker on March 06, 2010, 10:21:00 PM
Definitely a problem.  I suggest using LazyLaunch instead of those GUI launchers.

Im gonna see if a Clean Install fixes the problem, probably will.
P.S Sorry for double-post

maxoxpower

protoss must build some sentry using the power from them...they just use zealot and stalker all the time and  at the end , just carrier... no collussus or other units :(

devinmorris

6.1 is great! Thanks!

ET of A till 7.0?

Nova

Nevermind, game was running slow because I didn't extract base.s2data into a triggerlibs folder.

nestlequ1k

Hah. AI isn't too bright at late game stuff. On 4 player metalopolis, the Zerg cleared the entire map with ultralisks and zerglings. I had 5 battlecruisers and they destroyed my base. I did a mass SCV migration, then built supply depots hidden across the map and after half hour of attacking and repairing my 5 battlecruisers, ended up winning.

Probably a bug in the fact that Zergs don't seem to build air units. And at the end they sort of shut off unit production even though they have like 7 bases.

orbb24

Quote from: devinmorris on March 06, 2010, 10:39:36 PM
6.1 is great! Thanks!

ET of A till 7.0?
Where are you getting 6.1? All I see is 6.0 still.

ultmateq

6.0 is great, take your time for 6.x or 7. Because 6 is proving to be quite challenging. We are even at 2/2, next map decides who wins OSL! (I am fantasizing of course.)

Katie Drake

Hey, signed up to say thanks and also to ask for some help.

Whenever I apply AI 6.0 and start the game using LazyLauncher2 the game will start with the fog of war all over the map and there are no bases or units at all. Everything's just... empty. I have no minerals or gas and a population of 0. Does anyone know what might be going on?

Thanks!

vitalsine

This was a huge improvement over 5.5 IMO. Couple things I noticed...

1v1 Kulas Ravine TvP

1. I built one of my expansions in a base where both ends were blocked by boulders. The AI was too dumb to destroy the obstructions and just stood there. When I approached on the clifftop they ran off, but kept coming back which let me pick them off. I have to say, if I wasnt able to do that I would have lost.

2. I noticed that they did not build one single air unit. They did tech out their ground forces to the max, and they had tons of ultras. Almost too many though. Nice to see a variation of units though. I saw Zerglings, Hydralisks, Ultralisks, Benglings or whatever, and I think that is it.

3. The AI did not expand uncontrollably. They had 4 bases, but in previous versions I found that they were occupying all areas on the map that I was not. Lots of defenses and they had some burrowed lings defending. 2 out of 4 bases had queens.

4. The AI forces replenished quickly, almost too fast though. I feel like they should have come in maybe 3 big waves instead of 6 smaller ones. That may have been more effective.

I will post more analysis as I play against other races. Although I did enjoy 6.0 so far. Just play with what they give you. I did not build any air units myself, keeping it even. And it was a great match! They kept building men at the end instead of just sitting there!

Kudos!!

vitalsine

Quote from: Katie Drake on March 07, 2010, 02:15:50 AM

Whenever I apply AI 6.0 and start the game using LazyLauncher2 the game will start with the fog of war all over the map and there are no bases or units at all. Everything's just... empty. I have no minerals or gas and a population of 0. Does anyone know what might be going on?

Thanks!

Are you sure your running the correct maps? Try downloading Syk0's map kit, it has everything youll need and they all work flawlessly. With the new StarCraft Launcher 2.0.2 you can choose yours and AI races, as well as colors. Great launcher. It uses LL2.

Chain[s]aw

Thanks!

do you have any other a.i's in your starcraft 2 beta folder? do you haev a 'trigger libs' folder.. if so get rid of it if its inside the starcraft 2 beta folder

silentbob

Quote from: killabyte on March 06, 2010, 12:22:47 AM
and while you're in there go into "mods" and then "liberty.sc2mod" and delete base.sc2data and extract the file you downloaded again. 

Thank you so much killabyte!

kblood

Quote from: vitalsine on March 07, 2010, 02:19:02 AM

Thanks!

Are you sure your running the correct maps? Try downloading Syk0's map kit, it has everything youll need and they all work flawlessly. With the new StarCraft Launcher 2.0.2 you can choose yours and AI races, as well as colors. Great launcher. It uses LL2.
So far it can only pick the number of players on the map, and what players to be AI, human or disabled. The other functions are planned to come, and from what I read rumor wise, they might be finding a way to change races and colors soon. Someone found a way to make everyone Terran, so thats a start :)