StarCrack AI Official 6.0 Feedback Thread

Started by turdburgler, March 05, 2010, 11:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katie Drake

Quote from: Chainaw on March 07, 2010, 02:19:45 AM
Quote from: Katie Drake on March 07, 2010, 02:15:50 AM
Hey, signed up to say thanks and also to ask for some help.

Whenever I apply AI 6.0 and start the game using LazyLauncher2 the game will start with the fog of war all over the map and there are no bases or units at all. Everything's just... empty. I have no minerals or gas and a population of 0. Does anyone know what might be going on?

Thanks!

do you have any other a.i's in your starcraft 2 beta folder? do you haev a 'trigger libs' folder.. if so get rid of it if its inside the starcraft 2 beta folder

Ah, it was that damn 'trigger libs' folder. I removed it from the Starcraft II beta folder and now the AI works like a charm. Thank you kindly, my good sir!

EVILDeath

I don't know what you're talking about - 6.0 is a great improvement over previous versions. I somehow managed to win 5.5 standard three times in a row, though it wasn't easy for me. But I can't defeat EASY edition of 6.0 even once! Tried several times. I'm not an hardcore RTS player, of course, so I mostly think "single-threaded". And didn't play SC1, only WC3.
I go in early attack, and he already has more units than me. I go in defense, and he either destroy me in the first wave, of I stand 3-4 waves and finally don't manage to rebuild forces and he destroys me then. Maybe I should've started walling or kiting like those "pro players" out there. But it would be very mean to the mentally handicapped (by Blizzard & in purpose, I suppose) AI. I play on the "faster" game speed, so maybe it would somehow be easier on "normal", but it's just too boring.

You did a very good job to make the AI hard, utilizing that pile of script prototypes provided by Blizzard. I'm even thinking of easing the "Easy edition" more myself :) ) So continue to make "easy" editions, please :) For those who did not play a billion RTS games but still want to play Beta without Beta key :) Hurray for the 6.1 "cheating", "standard", "easy" and, just in case, "noob" version :) )

B.T.W., how do you people know how many minerals A.I. had at the certain point of game? I thought it's possible only in replays, and I don't see any way of saving the replay here. Did download and watch a couple of HUMAN replays, though. Was rather boring to see tactics like "Build 11 barraks and flood everything with marines and marauders". Again, I'm not familiar with RTS tactics, maybe it's how it supposed to be played... But in this case I prefer to remain a beginner :) )

vitalsine

Sandwich

This is completely off topic, but is it possible to re-enable replays with Lazy Town 2.0 yet?

The patch notes say that replays from the first version of SC2 beta work, but no replays work for me at all.

paranoid

v6 is a lot better than earlier versions. This is the first time I had real difficulties beating it. I kept getting rushed.

So I decided to play as terran and go directly to an island on lost temple and make nukes to destroy all AIs (4 player FFA).
It didn't work out as nicely as expected and I made a lot of mistakes (lots of failed nukes), but after one protoss AI destroyed all others, I managed to finish it off very slowly thanks to it being too stupid to attack islands.

Instead of continuing to expand (I only controlled 2 islands and had to send SCVs by dropship once to get gas and cristal) and making mass carriers for example, it kept sending in observers and phoenixes one at a time against a wall of turrets, while its ground army patiently waited in some spots, not avoiding any nukes.
It only managed to take one of my islands due to insufficient turret walling.
Also didn't destroy all structures it saw and left me 3 missile silos there.

I played against the cheating v6 by the way.

So it's better, but still stupid sometimes.

maartendq

I just wanted to say thanks to the bot development team. I've had no luck this far in getting selected for the closed beta but now I can at least play the game I've been waiting for for quite some time.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

flatounet

i got some bug :

i just played 5 games ,with AI 6.0 (cheat)

3 vic,2 lose i want to put 6.0 no cheat :

i change file Base.SC2Data
start SC2 : i got 3 IA 6.0 enable or started on left or the screen

but game no work : player no revelated ,no longer any force ...
ok may be map have prob ,
i change map w working one (LT 3x : last played before working fine)

same error :

ok IA 6.0 bug ,i change to the file used just before : the bug continue .....
i cant play SC2 now ....

i do re-install SC2 ?
or from where come the bug ?

i nerver finish SC2 with task manager ,always F10 E E .....
thank's

forced update of SC2ALLin1.exe (new install) : after same bug
deleted map ,restored from rar archive : same bug
-> i do re-install SC2 ......

someone know how to stop this bug ??

mysticalmage13

Yes! Finally registered, so first of all, i would like to thank you for continuing to create great a.i.'s. Each version is an improvement. Just finished playing a game against 3 a.i.'s and got smashed by their carrier build. My first defeat and my first time playing against 3 a.i. Playing against 1 a.i. was getting too easy so tried 3 and got pawned! Love your a.i. and continue making more versions. Thanks!

Darkov

Quote from: vitalsine on March 07, 2010, 03:09:03 AM
Terran AI brings the pain
True, true.

I played on Metropolis FFA with 5 Terran and i was Prottoss. So i was prepearing an attack and then a terran attacked me with an enormous army and killed my expansion. As i was rebuilding it another terr attacked me, but this time i had immortals and i won. At one point i decided to build carriers and as i had 4 carriers a terr attacked me with 12 battlecrusers! I was not prepared! They owned my 14 stalkers 1 archon and 4 carriers but at leats i brought down 3 battles. After my main was destroyed they attacked my 2 expansions, which had cannon towers so i broth down 2 more and the rest were damaged. While they destroyed my expasions i build another one and i build many cannons. Managed to destroy 5 more so two were left. At that point i had build another expansion(much minerals i had, no gas). With more towers i broth them down. Then i took over another expansion and the rich mineral field. I builded up 24 stalkers and 2 colossus and attacked the terr. But it was VERY easy. He didn't had any more minerals in his base and one expansion. The rest of the terran were destroyed(it was ffa). There was another terr, but he was also out of minerals in 2 expansions and main. So i killed them. But if they had minerals, they would own me. And there were still two rich mineral fields unmined(the other expansions were out minerals and only 3 had minerals but i had build there).

My Point is that the computer doesn't build an expansion when he doesn't have minerals. I mean he should build an expansion while he still can. Once his minerals are exhausted he is dead.

Bedervet

Nothing to say but GG guys.

-AI is no more trying to escape and so lose less units.
-When He  attacks, he destroy all the base if he can.

-Protoss are particulary dangerous with a big variety of units in middle game

-I want to precise for people complaining THAT YOU HAVE TO PUT SPEED TO FASTER:
AI is more effective against humans at faster cause he reacts on the same way as in normal speed but you don't....

So even if this AI is easly beat vs any Hasus player, I don't see differences with this one and the many AI I had the opportunity to play against in various games. So again good job again guys. Every new updates are extra fun now.

turdburgler

Thanks for the continued feedback, I couldn't get 6.1 out last night, but I will get it out today. It's a big improvement.

For anybody having trouble running the AI, install it manually, make sure you have no triggerlibs folder then use the StarCrack Launcher. They're made for eachother.  ;D

http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/sc2-tools/starcrack-launcher-with-color-and-race-selection/

JoeB

Yo,

Awesome. Tx for a great AI guys.
As a programmer myself i'm interested in how the AI is implemented and what can be achieved.

The different openings, mid and end games are great, but can only be a starting point for a great AI. (Just some constructive input here)

i.e. For me, Sc is about countering the opponent. Therefore, an AI that adapts on the battle field is always going to beat one with a fixed build order. Build orders are just there as 'good openings', if i can use a term from chess. After that, the AI like a human player, needs intel on how to proceed to counter the opponent. So whilst the different variations are great, and i'm loving the current AI, what we really need is an AI that can adapt to our gameplay. It should use build orders as rough guides only. But most importantly, it needs to adapt and adjust those build orders to counter the opponent.

Keep up the good work and thanks for a great AI,
JoeB

creamsoda

Quote from: kblood on March 07, 2010, 02:24:10 AM
Quote from: vitalsine on March 07, 2010, 02:19:02 AM
Quote from: Katie Drake on March 07, 2010, 02:15:50 AM
Hey, signed up to say thanks and also to ask for some help.

Whenever I apply AI 6.0 and start the game using LazyLauncher2 the game will start with the fog of war all over the map and there are no bases or units at all. Everything's just... empty. I have no minerals or gas and a population of 0. Does anyone know what might be going on?

Thanks!

Are you sure your running the correct maps? Try downloading Syk0's map kit, it has everything youll need and they all work flawlessly. With the new StarCraft Launcher 2.0.2 you can choose yours and AI races, as well as colors. Great launcher. It uses LL2.
So far it can only pick the number of players on the map, and what players to be AI, human or disabled. The other functions are planned to come, and from what I read rumor wise, they might be finding a way to change races and colors soon. Someone found a way to make everyone Terran, so thats a start :)

Use the new StarCrack Launcher rev25. You can select race & colors on that one.

monkit

love the new v6.0 just a note though, the AI does not dance around the spot any more  ;D YIPPEE~! but the workers does when they want to scout ur base. Much harder than the previous. Keep up the good work  :-*

Lenor

Thank you turdburlger,waiting for 6.1....6.0 wasn't a big improvement from 5.5 but 5.5 is excelent,I'm playing that one now and I hope 6.1 will be at that level.
Thank you again!