How to get rid of the 2x of every unit being built?

Started by Normalcy, March 09, 2010, 12:03:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Normalcy

I'm not sure what download started it, I have tried replacing the base files with other AI scripts etc. The game starts off with two CC's, Nexuses, or Hatcheries. like 14 gatherers and everything is built two of, at the cost of one. Very unrealistic, how can I stop it?

gg.sc2

Reinstall and update if you don't want to mess with anything. Easiest method. Did you mess with any MPQ's at all? There must be something in the Mods folder that is corrupt.

Artanis186

I believe this has something to do with the AI. If you have more than one AI running at the same time, this stuff happens.

Skygrinder

If i remember correctly this is caused when someone places Base.SC2Data in the wrong folder.
Blood for the Blood God

MeanMarine

Quote from: Skygrinder on March 09, 2010, 07:41:15 AM
If i remember correctly this is caused when someone places Base.SC2Data in the wrong folder.

correct.I misplaced it once in another "mods" folder.Reinstall the game to get rid of it.

tomsons26

get MPQ Editor open mods Base.SC2Data delete GameData and TextureReduction  folders then place the new Base.SC2Data in LibertyMulti.SC2Mod folder to avoid errors.
Do remember to restore the orig Base.SC2Data in Liberty.SC2Mod and back up the original Base.SC2Data in LibertyMulti.SC2Mod
(deleting TextureReduction seams to fix lags for me on twilight fortress getin less low fps and the game runs at 50fps (OMG))

Normalcy

Quote from: tomsons26 on March 09, 2010, 07:56:58 AM
get MPQ Editor open mods Base.SC2Data delete GameData and TextureReduction  folders then place the new Base.SC2Data in LibertyMulti.SC2Mod folder to avoid errors.
Do remember to restore the orig Base.SC2Data in Liberty.SC2Mod and back up the original Base.SC2Data in LibertyMulti.SC2Mod
(deleting TextureReduction seams to fix lags for me on twilight fortress getin less low fps and the game runs at 50fps (OMG))

Thanks, that worked.