StarCraft 2 Map Hack by Sheppard

Started by sc2hacks, March 09, 2010, 03:07:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gamewiz

Quote from: Rain[sun] on March 09, 2010, 11:51:56 AM
Yeah they at least have intelligence and can tell a joke, something you seem to lack; social skills and a sense of humor.

Its virtual cheating, because I'm not doing anything that ruins peoples enjoyment anymore than I would by being better than them; which is equally possible. Someone juicing is cheating in that they are pretty much negating months of training on my part. Someone googling pro sc2 hacks just means I lose a 10 minute game, which I had a 50/50 chance of losing anyway. I think it completely retarded to even compare virtual stats and cheating to realistic. You might not think its "virtual" and reality but, I still have the sense to differentiate between the two. You can keep your opinions, and Ill keep mine

You know, I'm perfectly willing to have a discussion with you, but when you start throwing out insults, then I'm done. I do have the sense to differentiate between virtual and reality. I gave you a very logical response, and you failed to address it. You are not virtually cheating. You are cheating. Plain and simple. It doesn't matter if it's cheating over the internet, or cheating on a board game. It's cheating. Period.

And it does affect other people. You take a level playing field, and twist it in your favor so that you win no matter what. That kills the enjoyment for the other person, which is affecting them. I don't care if you don't think it does, but ask that other person after you beat them, and see what they say. I guarantee that they will get upset because you cheated.

You are of course entitled to your opinions on this matter, I don't disagree with that at all. However, I strongly believe that it's selfish people like you that degrade society. That isn't meant as an insult, but cheating is 100% selfish. You cannot deny that. Sure, it may just be one game, but it's a person's character that defines them. If you think cheating is ok, it only will lead to more justification in the future, in larger areas that are far more important than just a stupid game. That's what I have a problem with. People to easily try to justify their actions.

Rain[sun]

Its not meant to insult, but its the same mentality as saying marijuana is a gateway drug. Both statements are true, depending on the character of the person. If you really think because someone cheats on a video game, they are going to extend that into their real lives, then I don't have a response. Half the reason people speak the way they do on the internet is BECAUSE they dont have to justify it, defend it, nor stand by it.

Same thing goes for cheating; its an option, its fun, I wouldn't cheat because I like the idea of bending the rules to give me an advantage, I'd cheat because I'd be having fun. The same thing you're doing in fact. Its a matter of opinion if its wrong or not. I'd rather play a bad player that is maphacking over a 25 year old who lives in his moms basement that can rape me blindfolded at the game. So I disagree when you say it ruins other peoples fun, not everyone takes this game seriously. I fully support the fact that people are cheating on a video game, because I have fun when nerds get angry for one, and two, I think people should stop taking video games seriously. Its not healthy, there is in fact sunlight outside, and they are created to be FUN.

Taking it so seriously and getting angry at other people is just ridiculous, so if someone lashes out at me I fully am going to enjoy it and have fun with it. That's generally how I see this, call it selfish, call it what you want, but if someones going to take a video game like its real life, they have it coming
better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage

Gamewiz

I guess we just have a different set of morals, which obviously I'm not out to change yours, and I know you can't change mine. So I think I can leave it at that. ;)

Rain[sun]

Exactly the point actually; to each their own
better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage

Myst