For those criticizing a.i.

Started by r3ddrag0nx, March 09, 2010, 04:21:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gamewiz

Quote from: godspiral on March 09, 2010, 05:40:19 PM
default replay speed is always 2nd fastest, but battle.net speed is fastest.

The technical names for both are faster. Just set replay and gameplay to "faster". That is the official speed.

legendre

Quote from: r3ddrag0nx on March 09, 2010, 04:21:48 AM
I'm pretty sure this goes over most people's heads (at least the beginners), but don't forget that you guys are playing normal speed as default.

I hadn't realized, but the pace of the game is ridiculously fast when set to 'faster'.

Anyway, thought I'd bring it to your attention.

I always played at "faster" but its still too easy. I guess the AI have its limits. To play the beta without a key is already a great achievement, even if there isn't multiplayer.

chococake

Well, I always considered myself to be an above average SC player and the AI 6.1-cheating is definitely challenging when it is set on faster.  The regular 6.1 can be a bit of a cake walk though.  So for those who think 6.1-cheating on faster is easy, congratulations.  You are a very good player.

chirievalord

Quote from: programm on March 09, 2010, 08:08:37 AMI know SC is a game of massing and Attack-Move commands almost no micro, but EVEN STARCRAFTERS complain that units die too fast, so I understand why the COUNTERS are a big problem theyve made extra dmg that kills unit even faster,.

omg... Please don't play SC seriously man... SC has a 50% ratio between macro and micro. Managing your armies + econ + base control + scouting + everything lol

If you Amove you die unless you're way ahead and roll over your oponent...

uber1984

Quite certain that, the first time I got lazy launcher to work... I did a quick spam of the + button on my numerical keyboard...  and whalaaH!  I was playing in fastest mode... I have a really hard time with the first two minutes of any game if its set to normal speed...

hehe

I'm pretty sure this goes over most people's heads (at least the beginners), but don't forget that you guys are playing normal speed as default.

I hadn't realized, but the pace of the game is ridiculously fast when set to 'faster'.

chirievalord

Quote from: Artanis186 on March 09, 2010, 06:34:27 AM
Just so you know, an easier way of doing it than going in the options is pressing + twice.

Thanks so much :p

krutoistudent

you know when you press + the speed goes up?
and no, most play at fastes