Question about Multiplayer

Started by chr1zZo, March 09, 2010, 05:37:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chr1zZo

Hi, i love your work! You do a nice job with the Launchers! Everyone! Very Great! But its possible that multiplayer come with this launchers? Over hamachi like a LAN Mode? Is this possible?

Kevkev88

If it were possible we would be doing that.. You do know that... right? You also know that Starcraft 2 is not going to have LAN, right? There for it will be a hard task for the people to apply LAN. You follow me?

Artanis186

Seriously! People! There's a search feature, use it! This has been answered SO many times. It'd likely be a front-pager if b.net was cracked.

chr1zZo

Sorry that i didnt searched about that! Starcraft 2 will have a LAN mode! Blizzard announced this after the news that no lan mode will come, but so many people go against this and blizzard changed his mind! So LAN mode will come!

Skygrinder

They didn't change anything, they said there whould be lan from the start but you'd have to connect to bnet so they can authenticate the game. People are complaining cuz they want to play lan at places with no internet.
Blood for the Blood God

GetInside

I think that if the game is gonna have a LAN mode when game will be authentificated(connecting 1 time to Bnet ), Crackers Team should hack it and allows us to play through LAN with TUNNGLE.net for example !

Bt

Quote from: GetInside on March 09, 2010, 04:42:19 PM
I think that if the game is gonna have a LAN mode when game will be authentificated(connecting 1 time to Bnet ), Crackers Team should hack it and allows us to play through LAN with TUNNGLE.net for example !

How about just buy the game when it comes out?

PatouPower

Quote from: Bt on March 09, 2010, 05:07:49 PM
Quote from: GetInside on March 09, 2010, 04:42:19 PM

How about just buy the game when it comes out?

You know what is a LAN party, right? It's a big group of people meeting up somewhere to play games together over LAN or Internet and play organized tournaments. Thus, to give everyone the chance to participate to the tournament, a temporary FTP is created and it's hosting the game so people without the original game can play with the same serial. It would be gay if everyone had to buy the games only to play a tournament.

So, with the internet authentification, even if you have Internet where you are, you cannot play on LAN with the same serial so a tournament is not possible for everyone. Period. It's for the same reason that steam games are emulated outside of steam.

Bt

He was suggesting people play on LAN through "tunggle.net" which is lan emulation over the internet.

I can see the drawbacks for the authentication system at "lan parties" but if people intend to play at a small lan they should be providing their own copies, at larger lans i'm sure something can be worked out between the organizer and Blizzard.

usmc23

There is very little WinSock code in SC2.Exe(the only WinSock I have found in the exe is tied to the Havok Visual Debugger), the networking code is in Battle.net.dll which we know ofrunscated, so good luck trying to crack it, honestlly your just going to have to wait till a EMU comes out.

masaraksh

People like things with Multiplayer??? 8)