Changing difficutly in beta launcher changes nothing

Started by falkon311, March 09, 2010, 03:09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

falkon311

So I found and downloaded a SC2 pack o stuff from isohunt.com

http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/157073605/StarCraft+2?tab=summary

In the SCrack 5.5 folder was a bunch of different AI's labelled Very Easy to Insane along with the SCrack 5.5 and some others. Using the beta launcher I have tried every difficulty from VEasy to Insane (not the SCrack tho) and nothings changed... all the same easy cheesy AI. What am I doing wrong?

The custom UI's like StarCrack simply own me and I refuse to watch a replay and just copy... what fun is that? I want a decent challenge is all... still "newb easy" by most of you guys standards but eh.

Any help?

Gamewiz

Those ones label very easy to insane are stupid. Don't use those as they change nothing. The one you want to download is the StarCrack versions. Try the newest version (v6.1.1), and just use the "Easy" version of it. It comes in three versions: easy, normal, and cheating.

Truthfully, if you are unwillingly to watch replays, learn from your mistakes, and adapt your tactics, you will never improve.

falkon311

Thanks Gamewiz I figured. I have the Starcrack 6.0, the last version with an Easy AI and well.. it's still way too easy. I need something between Easy and Normal so I was just wondering if there was a trick to getting the Veasy - Insane AI's to work. Bleh oh well. I'll try some other AI.

About the replay stuff- I didnt mean I wouldnt watch them to learn, I have already. What I meant was if the only way to beat a certain AI is to watch a replay of it being beaten and do EXACTLY what the other guy did... what's the point?

All that aside, I applaud everyones efforts with the AI work, truly awesome :)