Camera Zoom Out + 10 & 20%

Started by apriores, March 09, 2010, 05:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apriores

I made 2 versions with slightly Zoom Out to have a better view and still remain playable. The angle is not changing when zooming, but only when is close enough to the ground where Zoom In is a little increased than original. Also, the rotation camera angle is changed to 90 degree.

Download Base.SC2Data file and replace original one from *\StarCraft II Beta\Mods\Core.SC2Mod\
(make a back-up first)

+10%
http://www.mediafire.com/?qwzkbnjlzjh
http://www.multiupload.com/J26BG6D7BC

+20%
http://www.mediafire.com/?zm3lyyzzygn
http://www.multiupload.com/WE3UYAIJMM

Edit:
Sound volume issue on highest zoom level fixed.

ShadeZeRO

I used the 20%.  Works great, albeit you get a drop in frame rates.  I suggest having a beefy card if you're going to zoom out on Maxed out settings.  GTX275 works well.

Screenshot for you =]

balnazzar951

Thats very nice :)
Thanks
Using 20% :) ;)
Starcraft 2 Beta

Organized_Chaos

Working great... I modified some of the values to my liking.

Do you have any idea how to set one of the ZoomTable values to the Default starting value?  It seems to automatically default to the furthest zoom out at the start of a game. 

I want the view to default on the second to highest zoom out that I have set in the ZoomTable as 38.6, the second value down from the top.  I set 48 for the highest zoom out for a nice quick view of a larger area, but I don't want the game to start at that view!

Any suggestions?  Thanks..

Xtreme84

Downloading the 20% version now!

This is actually on of the first things i noticed when i tried out sc2 for the first time, the lack of zoomdistance and rotaion. Glad someone did something about it. I hope Blizzard will implement this option aswell, but then the uber sc1 fans (Koreans) might go berserk.

Thx alot.

apriores

I tried to find value for default level of zoom, too, but I didn't found, and I believe is not there, though would be lovely to set this. That's why I tweaked it only with a slightly zoom out, to not zooming in every time you'll play.

Switcha

Oh thank god. I hate the default zoomed out mode from Blizzard.
I hope you'll do the same thing with Diablo 3 (if the zoom values are the same as SC2).

Thanks again.

Kupo

It says "Invalid or Deleted File" for your edited-in mediafire link that has the fix in it...

apriores

I'm reuploading both files now.

I don't know whats happening with mediafire. It gives me the same link for both files. I'll try somewhere else.

Edit: Done.

coolflip

I think you might of modified somthing wrong along the way, when i play as the protoss, i can buy probes with only 30 minerals o.O, dont think its the launcher, as i just noticed it when i put your 20% patch on.

j4vz

have you played with the fog of war yet, it help a lot to see the map... ? its pretty funny look at this:

with all theses lil settings, could be useful to make a small software that extract and compress with the new value in xml file instead of always switching the whole file.

edit: ill see if i got a couple of free hour this week...

heres a green version:

ShadeZeRO

chikopaws

dunno why,, but everytime I used +20% zoom out my loading become much slower  :-[

it's back to normal again if I replace it with the original files..

any help??

apriores

Quote from: coolflip on March 10, 2010, 10:45:04 PM
I think you might of modified somthing wrong along the way, when i play as the protoss, i can buy probes with only 30 minerals o.O, dont think its the launcher, as i just noticed it when i put your 20% patch on.

I don't have this problem and shouldn't be this files wrong because I tweaked only camera settings (and sound distance).
Somebody else have it?

Quote from: j4vz on March 11, 2010, 02:08:43 AM
have you played with the fog of war yet, it help a lot to see the map... ? its pretty funny look at this

I didn't. Cool find. :)

Quote from: chikopaws on March 11, 2010, 04:23:21 AM
dunno why,, but everytime I used +20% zoom out my loading become much slower  :-[

Because the initial field of view is increased, I suppose it's using a little more memory.

sviru

HI! Great work on the zoom hack. 
Can you help me with one thing. I have made my own camera settings but when I zoom out way up I can't hear sound effects.
Can you please let me know where I can find settings for this? I assume they are in the "base" config file... Can't find them. 
Thank you!