Island Map

Started by claushouse, March 09, 2010, 06:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

claushouse

1. Perhaps I've overlooked it, but I haven't seen an Island map available yet for SC II (and would very much like to.) ie, Island Hop or BGH Islands or something along those lines.

2. Would this map be useless given the current AI's protocols and strategies?

My guess would be yes, given its lack of air units, rarely making good use of drop ships, not contesting the 2 expansion islands on Lost Temple, and the very different strategy involved in a pure island game.

Would be great, though :)

Swarmling

just to let u know they cant make any maps only blizzard makes the maps so ask them untel the map editor for starcraft 2 comes out for beta  darkblizz and any other name cant make there own maps they can only play around with the maps they got and cant do too much to edit them untel the map editor is out so your Island maps will have to wait untel the real starcraft 2 comes out or maybe if blizzard gives the map editor to the people that have beta

gg.sc2

Quote from: claushouse on March 09, 2010, 06:51:03 PM
1. Perhaps I've overlooked it, but I haven't seen an Island map available yet for SC II (and would very much like to.) ie, Island Hop or BGH Islands or something along those lines.

2. Would this map be useless given the current AI's protocols and strategies?

My guess would be yes, given its lack of air units, rarely making good use of drop ships, not contesting the 2 expansion islands on Lost Temple, and the very different strategy involved in a pure island game.

Would be great, though :)

1. Because the map editor isn't out yet, and Island maps aren't very "popular" with competitive play, especially if ranked.

2. Not only would it be useless due to AI, there would be too many imba issues to work on since the transportation tech differ from race to race.

You guessed right.

turdburgler

There is some AI code for the AI to start off on an island and tech air. So it's not unlikely that we'll see some blizz island maps.

claushouse

Quote from: turdburgler on March 09, 2010, 08:11:10 PM
There is some AI code for the AI to start off on an island and tech air. So it's not unlikely that we'll see some blizz island maps.

Ah okay, well that's good news; thanks for the info.  I know they're not the most popular but Island maps have always been one of my favorites, especially for people who like making intricate defenses vs. COMP while outnumbered.

btnheazy03

blizzard hasn't released the galaxy map editor yet.