StarLauncher v1.34d with Team/Race/Color/AI selection, no map repacking.

Started by et2010, March 10, 2010, 04:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

creamsoda

Quote from: ozd24 on March 14, 2010, 05:03:50 PM
Quote from: creamsoda on March 14, 2010, 02:23:13 PM
Quote from: ozd24 on March 14, 2010, 12:50:28 PM
It seems that everytime I try to launch a game on any 4 players map, the game crashes while loading.
I guess there is a problem with 'SC2Launcher.dll' with 4 players maps. 2 players maps work fine though.
It seems to happen only in the latest patch (14356). previous patches work fine with every map.

I just tried the latest patch 14356, with launcher v1.34a, on a 4 player map. And it loaded up fine for me..

You probably didn't set the race for you or the computers and left them with 'random'. This way it works for me too but when I choose race for me or the computers in a 4 players map it crashes while loading.
My friend also try to launch this way and it didn't work for him ethier..
I just tried it.. I selected a race for each player (myself and AI). Loaded up a 4 player map, and everything worked fine.. no crashes.

I'm using the Original Blizzard maps. The ones with no AI. Also, I'm on Windows 7 x64 if that makes any difference..

juboaku

GodsMistake

Just played a 2vs2 on Twilight Fortress with 1.34a. Selected Zerg for me and my ally against Protoss and Terran with Starcrack 6.1.1 and everything worked fine. (Win7 32bit)
I was able to control my allies troops as well as my own with "control alliances". And if I didnt do anything to them the ai took control again quick and let it go fluently into its own strategy. Still expanded, attacked and made its own decisions. It even sent in support when it realised that I was involved in battle, Im not sure if that was just random luck or because the map is just so perfect for team battles.
I got wiped out late game after much back & forth and it was pure awesomness.
Thanks a bunch for this loader!! Made my day!

Versago

I have a problem with this launcher.  Every time I try to play 1v1 vs an AI no a 2-player map, the AI selection won't activate.   However, playing 1v1 or 2v2 on 4-player yields no such problems at all.

Anyone know how to fix this?

GodsMistake

Tried it and I dont have problems on 2 player maps. Very strange.
Maybe try a clean install?

juboaku

eh..even in new version my laucher still get "Load Mapinfo failed"

Kakaru

I just made a game w. 1.34d - LT, 4 players, me in team 1 and 3 comps in team 2.

However, teams didn't work, as I had as allies 2 comps, instead of 3 opponents.

Can anybody else confirm?

MadSheep

Quote from: Kakaru on March 15, 2010, 01:08:14 PM
I just made a game w. 1.34d - LT, 4 players, me in team 1 and 3 comps in team 2.

However, teams didn't work, as I had as allies 2 comps, instead of 3 opponents.

Can anybody else confirm?

what map did you use?
Blistering Sands and Scrap   Station have problems

apriores

I tested and it worked well... actually to well, because I've got wiped when all 3 attacked me at the same time. :P

Xest

bignamethefer

please fix the replay problem soon. I want to see how did the ai beat me...

Kakaru

did more tests  on the LT (blizzard map).
definitely for me teams aren't working.
I tried being the #4 player and I no longer had vision, but comp teams weren't allied all 3of them. 2 of them were and they beat #3 ai.
I used 1.34d on XP.
1.33 I didn't tried yet.

et2010

Quote from: Xest on March 15, 2010, 08:03:33 PM
Can you add support for 16 player maps?

Sure.

Quote from: Kakaru on March 16, 2010, 02:19:41 AM
did more tests  on the LT (blizzard map).
definitely for me teams aren't working.
I tried being the #4 player and I no longer had vision, but comp teams weren't allied all 3of them. 2 of them were and they beat #3 ai.
I used 1.34d on XP.
1.33 I didn't tried yet.

Please paste the last section of SC2Launcher.log (under the launcher folder) here, from "Module started at ###" to "Module terminated at ###".