StarLauncher v1.34d with Team/Race/Color/AI selection, no map repacking.

Started by et2010, March 10, 2010, 04:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gzxaaa

Thanks. But the attached 1.32 version is exactly the same as 1.31 version. Please upload again.

BTW, I'm using XP so don't know if you fixed the Vista/7 cache path problem, it's in "%UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Blizzard Entertainment\...", different from XP ("%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Blizzard Entertainment\..."). Maps placed outside the cache folder will disable replay.

P.S. I played a couple 2v2 games with allied control enabled and watched the replay. Haven't noticed the enemy computers controlling each other's units. Don't think the AI script is smart enough to invole that lol.

able1214

When I turn the automatic repairing on, once the scv touch the unit, it blows up, why? And scvs can't fix things.

Bt

Quote from: able1214 on March 11, 2010, 07:37:32 PM
When I turn the automatic repairing on, once the scv touch the unit, it blows up, why? And scvs can't fix things.

I'd say the building was about to blow up from fire and it happened the SCV got there just in time for it to explode

Gamewiz

Quote from: Kouga on March 11, 2010, 07:42:31 PM
AI with this launcher is easy

Launchers have nothing to do with the difficulty of the AI. I don't get how people keep thinking this. You select your AI from the launcher, nothing more.

kurtskyg

everytime i browse for difficulty it says none!
it wont detect my AI :(

I have alot easy,hard,insane,starcrack (cheating and non) etc.
But cant find any tiggerlibs. Help? :'(

Master619

MadSheep

How to take TriggeLlibs from Base.SC2Data

1. Download the MPQEditor from:
http://www.zezula.net/en/mpq/download.html (select your version)
2. Open  MPQEditor (at the first launch configuration will pop up so make any change you want)
3. Pres File > Open MPQ Archive ...

4. From File Tipe Select  All Files

5. Browse your Base.SC2Data and open it
6. Press OK
7. Right Click in TriggerLibs folder and select exteract

8. Select your Output Directory and press OK

9. Have Fan!

kblood

Quote from: kurtskyg on March 12, 2010, 12:07:40 AM
everytime i browse for difficulty it says none!
it wont detect my AI :(

I have alot easy,hard,insane,starcrack (cheating and non) etc.
But cant find any tiggerlibs. Help? :'(
http://dionysus.dk/SC2/Mods.rar
Try this, several AI with their TriggerLibs unpacked.

apriores

Glad to see all those improvements.  ;D

gzxaaa

Nice improvements. Well done!

However, the replay Desync problem still exists. If you play a game and watch the replay right afterward, no problem. But if you play another game with different team/race setting, then the memory gets changed and the previous replay always desyncs. The way to fix this is everytime loading a replay, the program should read the team/race settings from the replay (maybe hard) and modify them in the memory ahead. This should solve the Desync problem.

Some Minor concerns:
Try not compress the exe and dll with UPX, some Antivirus softwares will detect them as Malware/Trojan since they're packed executables. And why not add the complete set of icons (from 16X16 to 128X128) by simply using the one from Starcraft II.exe? Anyway your launcher is <1MB and who cares about the additional few hundred KB?

EVILDeath

Finally, a nice small stable launcher that does the trick. Thank you very much for your work! Race, color, alliance... I feel almighty with this tool! :)))

Kernel64

et2010,

I hope you don't mind; Can you add a "Save Map As.." option? I mean, the launcher won't launch SC2, but just save the selected map with the selected settings.

Please?

KillMasterCZ

Hey, cool! I think this is the best launcher over here  ;D It has no map preview (Theres enough space for it in the bottom left corner), but well, who cares about graphics when its working so well  ;) Theres a lack of launchers with teams possible and i think this is the only one with shared control option (very usefull sometimes). Also I can finaly watch replays with it!

There are still few very minor things to add - preview could be nice (as i mentioned before), start location selection is good for team maps (now you have to restart until you are close to each other in team) and also the difficulty selection is not working (you can chose only folder, but not the file).

Thanks for it and keep up the good work  :)

RaTcHeT302

Simple, not a RAM eater...

Yay!

Is because...you don't need all the cool interface, map preview and other crap. I think it doesn't really matter, they are "useles"...NOT! I mean..you will not stare at the launcher for a lot of time. Mostly people will it only play and ignore the tool look.

+rep

I prefer the original tough! don't get angry!