StarLauncher v1.34d with Team/Race/Color/AI selection, no map repacking.

Started by et2010, March 10, 2010, 04:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

et2010

Quote from: gzxaaa on March 12, 2010, 11:35:41 AM
Nice improvements. Well done!

However, the replay Desync problem still exists. If you play a game and watch the replay right afterward, no problem. But if you play another game with different team/race setting, then the memory gets changed and the previous replay always desyncs. The way to fix this is everytime loading a replay, the program should read the team/race settings from the replay (maybe hard) and modify them in the memory ahead. This should solve the Desync problem.

Some Minor concerns:
Try not compress the exe and dll with UPX, some Antivirus softwares will detect them as Malware/Trojan since they're packed executables. And why not add the complete set of icons (from 16X16 to 128X128) by simply using the one from Starcraft II.exe? Anyway your launcher is <1MB and who cares about the additional few hundred KB?

1.As I mentioned in Known Problems section in this thread, I think Desync problem is because of AI mismatching. That's why I added a feature to remember last selected AI for every map in v1.33, but it's not the best way, I'm still looking for better ways.

2. I just wanted to make the executable smaller. 128x128 and 256x256 icons are too large, even larger than my exe, lol. Anyway, thanks for advise. I'll consider these.

Quote from: Kernel64 on March 12, 2010, 02:06:20 PM
et2010,

I hope you don't mind; Can you add a "Save Map As.." option? I mean, the launcher won't launch SC2, but just save the selected map with the selected settings.

Please?

No problem.

Quote from: KillMasterCZ on March 12, 2010, 02:21:02 PM
Hey, cool! I think this is the best launcher over here  ;D It has no map preview (Theres enough space for it in the bottom left corner), but well, who cares about graphics when its working so well  ;) Theres a lack of launchers with teams possible and i think this is the only one with shared control option (very usefull sometimes). Also I can finaly watch replays with it!

There are still few very minor things to add - preview could be nice (as i mentioned before), start location selection is good for team maps (now you have to restart until you are close to each other in team) and also the difficulty selection is not working (you can chose only folder, but not the file).

Thanks for it and keep up the good work  :)

1. I'm already considering to add a preview pannel, and remove some unnecessary error messages.
2. I'm still not sure if start location selection is possible, but I will try.
3. Please check Reply#53 and Replay#54.

Quote from: RaTcHeT302 on March 12, 2010, 02:29:16 PM
Simple, not a RAM eater...

Yay!

Is because...you don't need all the cool interface, map preview and other crap. I think it doesn't really matter, they are "useles"...NOT! I mean..you will not stare at the launcher for a lot of time. Mostly people will it only play and ignore the tool look.

+rep

I prefer the original tough! don't get angry!

It's ok. Maybe I can release a lite version later, simple UI with only necessary options, no filelist, no preview panel.

KillMasterCZ

QuoteQuote from: KillMasterCZ on Today at 02:21:02 PM<blockquote>Hey, cool! I think this is the best launcher over here  ;D It has no map preview (Theres enough space for it in the bottom left corner), but well, who cares about graphics when its working so well  ;) Theres a lack of launchers with teams possible and i think this is the only one with shared control option (very usefull sometimes). Also I can finaly watch replays with it!

There are still few very minor things to add - preview could be nice (as i mentioned before), start location selection is good for team maps (now you have to restart until you are close to each other in team) and also the difficulty selection is not working (you can chose only folder, but not the file).

Thanks for it and keep up the good work  :)
</blockquote>

1. I'm already considering to add a preview pannel, and remove some unnecessary error messages.
2. I'm still not sure if start location selection is possible, but I will try.
3. Please check Reply#53 and Replay#54.

2. I'm pretty sure it's possible, because some other launcher have it.
3. So now i have the triggerlibs, but how to load them? Which folder should i pick? AI name, "triggerlibs", or some other inside it? (Tried all btw)

able1214

Quote from: Bt on March 11, 2010, 07:57:15 PM
Quote from: able1214 on March 11, 2010, 07:37:32 PM
I'd say the building was about to blow up from fire and it happened the SCV got there just in time for it to explode

Nah, it only lost half of its hp, also I tried to repair a tank then it blew up too

UniqueAim

very nice launcher i have to say the most completed one on this forum. good job man

creamsoda

3 problems I've encountered so far:

1. Replays desync after about 1 minute (yes, I have the correct AI selected..)

2. Replays aren't showing team vision. For example, if I select Local Player vision, the launcher will not show vision of my allies. Plz fix this.

3. The Races & Colors will NOT reset to random after each game.. I have to reset them myself every game.

able1214

Just a suggestion, is that possible to add a function which can let us choose the versions of the game? Just like the Starcraft II - Beta Launcher? That would be great!

MadSheep

Problem with the final version of the game the launcher not working :'(

after update:
Folder:
Base14356

kurtskyg

Quote from: MadSheep on March 12, 2010, 04:03:00 AM
How to take TriggeLlibs from Base.SC2Data

1. Download the MPQEditor from:
http://www.zezula.net/en/mpq/download.html (select your version)
2. Open  MPQEditor (at the first launch configuration will pop up so make any change you want)
3. Pres File > Open MPQ Archive ...

4. From File Tipe Select  All Files

5. Browse your Base.SC2Data and open it
6. Press OK
7. Right Click in TriggerLibs folder and select exteract

8. Select your Output Directory and press OK

9. Have Fan!

I already did this but when i select difficulty in the dropdown box,
It says none. I extracted the triggerlibs already.  :'(

and teams dont seem to work, I select team1 for one computer and me but I dont see his base.
So I assume were not allied. :(

kblood

Quote from: kurtskyg on March 12, 2010, 11:01:35 PM
I already did this but when i select difficulty in the dropdown box,
It says none. I extracted the triggerlibs already.  :'(

and teams dont seem to work, I select team1 for one computer and me but I dont see his base.
So I assume were not allied. :(
The folder you choose for AI, needs to have the AI folders in them, and in each of these folders in the AI folder there needs to be a TriggerLibs folder with the AI files. What you will see in the launcher is the names of folders with a TriggerLibs folder in them.

kurtskyg

Ok i think i got it working.
But when i choose difficulty it says zerg,terran,protoss.
I used lib from starcrack. Am I doing it right?

Also I think I found a bug, when you restart the game, it freezes and wont load.

kurtskyg

This is good but ill wait fot bugs to be fixed especially teams.
Really annoying bug when you pick difficulty and game wont load. Just black screen.
And cant alt - tab, nothing. Starcraft 2 will freeze.

But good AI. Got to play AI same team but he doesnt help team mate.
We just have shared vision.

sonicman210

Hey E.T., dunno if you saw this thread.  ;D  It may help in changing the starting locations:
http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/ai-development/map-disassembling/

If you take a look at the spawn points part, some of the offsets have been mapped out. Hopefully this will help you, but if not, ignore it.  :-\

apriores

Quote from: creamsoda on March 12, 2010, 04:40:01 PM
1. Replays desync after about 1 minute (yes, I have the correct AI selected..)

2. Replays aren't showing team vision. For example, if I select Local Player vision, the launcher will not show vision of my allies. Plz fix this.
Replays will desync and don't show team vision because they can't save team settings. I guess only in FFA you can watch replays properly.

Quote from: kurtskyg on March 13, 2010, 01:06:09 AM
Ok i think i got it working.
But when i choose difficulty it says zerg,terran,protoss.
If you see races is because you set up TriggerLibs to be AI's directory (not correct).
Supposing this are folders you have: *\Mods\StarCrack AI V6.1.1\TriggerLibs\
you have to set *\Mods\ folder to be AI's directory.
Anyway... for some reason, AIs are not loaded by launcher and I need to put TriggerLibs in root's directory game.

Edit: Now it's working again but sometimes it doesn't...

kurtskyg

i must warn people here.
this launcher is great but has an annoying bug which i hope gets fixed soon.
if "the launcher doesnt like or doesnt understand your AI", it woont load
and freeze at a black screen with the starcraft 2 cursor. be aware!
just a heads up. might work for some people, i get it to work sometimes,
but sometimes just goes black. quite a pain to keep restarting my pc.  ???

KillMasterCZ

Quote from: kurtskyg on March 13, 2010, 09:56:13 AM
i must warn people here.
this launcher is great but has an annoying bug which i hope gets fixed soon.
if "the launcher doesnt like or doesnt understand your AI", it woont load
and freeze at a black screen with the starcraft 2 cursor. be aware!
just a heads up. might work for some people, i get it to work sometimes,
but sometimes just goes black. quite a pain to keep restarting my pc.  ???

Well, never happened to me, so it probably likes my AI  :P (im using 6.1.1)