StarLauncher v1.34d with Team/Race/Color/AI selection, no map repacking.

Started by et2010, March 10, 2010, 04:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

et2010

Quote from: creamsoda on March 12, 2010, 04:40:01 PM
3 problems I've encountered so far:
1. Replays desync after about 1 minute (yes, I have the correct AI selected..)
2. Replays aren't showing team vision. For example, if I select Local Player vision, the launcher will not show vision of my allies. Plz fix this.
3. The Races & Colors will NOT reset to random after each game.. I have to reset them myself every game.
1&2. I'll check these.
3. Some people would like to save all last selections including races and colors.
Maybe I should add another option to enable/disable auto saving these selections.

Quote from: able1214 on March 12, 2010, 04:49:03 PM
Just a suggestion, is that possible to add a function which can let us choose the versions of the game? Just like the Starcraft II - Beta Launcher? That would be great!
Sure.

Quote from: MadSheep on March 12, 2010, 10:05:30 PM
Problem with the final version of the game the launcher not working
after update:
Folder:
Base14356
I'll check this. Thanks for telling.

Quote from: sonicman210 on March 13, 2010, 05:22:40 AM
Hey E.T., dunno if you saw this thread.   It may help in changing the starting locations:
http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/ai-development/map-disassembling/
If you take a look at the spawn points part, some of the offsets have been mapped out. Hopefully this will help you, but if not, ignore it.
Thanks, I'll check this.

Quote from: kurtskyg on March 13, 2010, 09:56:13 AM
i must warn people here.
this launcher is great but has an annoying bug which i hope gets fixed soon.
if "the launcher doesnt like or doesnt understand your AI", it woont load
and freeze at a black screen with the starcraft 2 cursor. be aware!
just a heads up. might work for some people, i get it to work sometimes,
but sometimes just goes black. quite a pain to keep restarting my pc.
I'm sorry for the troubles you encounted. I'll do more tests to confirm.
For an alternative solution of restarting pc, press Ctrl+Alt+Del and select task manager, then kill SC2.exe.

apriores

To me, the launcher works well with v14356.
And for:
3. The Races & Colors will NOT reset to random after each game.. I have to reset them myself every game.
I don't know what you mean. If you set them Random, they'll stay random even after you'll reopen the launcher.

KillMasterCZ

Quote from: apriores on March 13, 2010, 11:10:37 AM
To me, the launcher works well with v14356.
And for:
I don't know what you mean. If you set them Random, they'll stay random even after you'll reopen the launcher.

Really? When i chose random, than after game it autosets on the race i had (randomed)

MadSheep

ok false positive the launcher works i restarted my pc an now works strange thing

nice work keep going :)

kurtskyg

For an alternative solution of restarting pc, press Ctrl+Alt+Del and select task manager, then kill SC2.exe.

i tried but Ctrl+Alt+Del doesnt seem to work. black screen just stays there.

KillMasterCZ

Quote from: kurtskyg on March 13, 2010, 12:40:29 PM

Which operating system do you have?

apriores

Quote from: KillMasterCZ on March 13, 2010, 11:40:44 AM
Really? When i chose random, than after game it autosets on the race i had (randomed)
I played an entirely match, with Random colors and races and was not changed anything when I finished. It's curious that game would send back to launcher details about your in-game race and color.

kurtskyg

Quote from: KillMasterCZ on March 13, 2010, 02:00:19 PM
Quote from: kurtskyg on March 13, 2010, 12:40:29 PM

Which operating system do you have?

XP Pro

apriores

AI is not loaded in Blistering Sands and Scrap Station maps. In all other is loaded well.

kurtskyg

Quote from: apriores on March 14, 2010, 08:04:27 AM
I found something about "sometimes working and sometimes not". It's because of maps. AI is not loaded in Blistering Sands and Scrap Station maps. In all other is loaded well.

If someone can try all maps and tell us which dont load itll be great.
Some give black screen

apriores

Quote from: kurtskyg on March 14, 2010, 09:06:22 AM
If someone can try all maps and tell us which dont load itll be great.
Some give black screen
I don't have black screen problem with any of maps, only AI loading issue. Try to reinstall your game and if this problem persist, try a different video driver.

ozd24

It seems that everytime I try to launch a game on any 4 players map, the game crashes while loading.
I guess there is a problem with 'SC2Launcher.dll' with 4 players maps. 2 players maps work fine though.
It seems to happen only in the latest patch (14356). previous patches work fine with every map.

creamsoda

Quote from: ozd24 on March 14, 2010, 12:50:28 PM
It seems that everytime I try to launch a game on any 4 players map, the game crashes while loading.
I guess there is a problem with 'SC2Launcher.dll' with 4 players maps. 2 players maps work fine though.
It seems to happen only in the latest patch (14356). previous patches work fine with every map.

I just tried the latest patch 14356, with launcher v1.34a, on a 4 player map. And it loaded up fine for me..

ozd24

Quote from: creamsoda on March 14, 2010, 02:23:13 PM
Quote from: ozd24 on March 14, 2010, 12:50:28 PM

I just tried the latest patch 14356, with launcher v1.34a, on a 4 player map. And it loaded up fine for me..

You probably didn't set the race for you or the computers and left them with 'random'. This way it works for me too but when I choose race for me or the computers in a 4 players map it crashes while loading.
My friend also try to launch this way and it didn't work for him ethier..

apriores

I made a test with 4 players, races set individually and don't have problems too, with latest patch (14356). I'm using XP.