Battle.net 2.0 Emulation Coming Soon to a Computer Near You!

Started by CraniX, March 11, 2010, 01:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daemonix

Quote from: Gamewiz on March 12, 2010, 12:02:13 PM
Well thanks for the update (if it's legit). Don't mind my skepticism, but it's the internet, so it's hard to trust things. ;)

However, under the pretense that this is legit, are they going to be sharing to the public once completed? Because according to that site, it sure seems like they want to keep everything fairly private.

I know it is hard to trust. But they have been operating in "secret" for 15 days now. Someone found the link and visitors got higher (read my post above again, I edited it).

Of course it will be shared. They are older people (some younger) and they don't play games :)

As I said, I gathered them to make us Multiplayer. One way or another. If I wasn't asked they would never touch this.

Gamewiz

Quote from: Daemonix on March 12, 2010, 12:10:47 PM
Well thanks for the update (if it's legit). Don't mind my skepticism, but it's the internet, so it's hard to trust things. ;)

However, under the pretense that this is legit, are they going to be sharing to the public once completed? Because according to that site, it sure seems like they want to keep everything fairly private.

I know it is hard to trust. But they have been operating in "secret" for 15 days now. Someone found the link and visitors got higher (read my post above again, I edited it).

Of course it will be shared. They are older people (some younger) and they don't play games :)

As I said, I gathered them to make us Multiplayer. One way or another. If I wasn't asked they would never touch this.

Well then I guess only time will tell! Looking forward to playing this soon, if indeed they are as close as they are claiming.

sTo0z

Quote from: Daemonix on March 12, 2010, 12:10:47 PM

You have to admit it is a little odd though...

Back in UPDATE 6 you had this to say...
Quoteskid: Packets are done. Every possible packet regarding SC2 is captured, analysed and uploaded to respective folders on the FTP. I will see if the new patch brought somethng else and do that asap.

Then, in all the following updates you keep saying how you need to capture more packets. Well, which one is it? :\
Then, you've already made TWO claims of a video, but nothing yet. You have to admit, it's just a little shady. Why do teams go out of their way to sound like every other false claim out there?

Here's hoping though, I'm going to go ahead and let myself get excited and trust these guys.  :o

Daemonix

Well you are right there, but it must be error. There is no way to capture all packets in like 7-8 days.

skid is capturing the packets so sentence should have looked like this:

skid: Packets are done. Every possible packet regarding SC2 <INSERT SOMETHING HERE LIKE LOGIN/AUTH/ETC> is captured, analysed and uploaded to respective folders on the FTP. I will see if the new patch brought somethng else and do that asap.
And it is impossible that he captured all packets because he is doing gameplay right now. Error.

As for video, if you take a closer look you will see that last update was 0.4. Video will feature 0.6. That is delay + they want to SHOW something. Now just a blank program with some buttons.
+ First Video Post was 4 days ago

Anyway, I won't explain every little error you find. You think scene groups have websites and post progress? These guys are just giving updates, they are not professional article writers...

Gamewiz

Quote from: Daemonix on March 12, 2010, 12:37:25 PM
Well you are right there, but it must be error. There is no way to capture all packets in like 7-8 days.

skid is capturing the packets so sentence should have looked like this:

skid: Packets are done. Every possible packet regarding SC2 <INSERT SOMETHING HERE LIKE LOGIN/AUTH/ETC> is captured, analysed and uploaded to respective folders on the FTP. I will see if the new patch brought somethng else and do that asap.
And it is impossible that he captured all packets because he is doing gameplay right now. Error.

As for video, if you take a closer look you will see that last update was 0.4. Video will feature 0.6. That is delay + they want to SHOW something. Now just a blank program with some buttons.
+ First Video Post was 4 days ago

Anyway, I won't explain every little error you find. You think scene groups have websites and post progress? These guys are just giving updates, they are not professional article writers...

No one is asking you too. ;) I'm sure you can understand our skepticism. However, if this is true, I'm honestly getting very excited, because I'm dying to play some multiplayer with my friends.  ;D

sTo0z

lol either they got mad that people doubted them and they are faking being fake, or they really are fake.

Shame... disappointed again? :( Heheh...

QuoteWE ARE NOT LEGIT!
You will get Video though.
And no, We were not h4x3d.

Hopefully they are just upset that they attracted too much attention, and are doing a fake disappearance.. ;)

Gamewiz

What the hell is that all about? I'm sorry, but offering no proof, people are going to doubt you. Even if you offer "proof" people will still doubt you until release. It's just a fact. There are too many fakers out there, that people have to doubt what they see on the internet. And aside from the sc2c chat (which is always a bunch of immature idiots), no one here has dissed them or been rude to them.

Daemonix

Double Post.

Daemonix

Nah, nobody is mad. They don't care what others say but they like sarcasm. Site will be up again soon.

And why are you asking for proof? They were working in secret for past 15-16 days and now site leaked and all hell broke loose. Where is Teknogods proof? LazyTown proof? ANY PROOF?

My last post.

sTo0z

Quote from: Daemonix on March 12, 2010, 01:14:59 PM
Nah, nobody is mad. They don't care what others say but they like sarcasm like every other intelligent person. Site will be up again soon.

Haha, alright man, I will stop hounding you guys.. whatever happens will happen. If real, good luck. :)

Gamewiz

Quote from: Daemonix on March 12, 2010, 01:16:48 PM
Nah, nobody is mad. They don't care what others say but they like sarcasm. Site will be up again soon.

And why are you asking for proof? They were working in secret for past 15-16 days and now site leaked and all hell broke loose. Where is Teknogods proof? LazyTown proof? ANY PROOF?

My last post.

Never asked for proof. I said if you don't, people will doubt you. I know there is no true "proof" that can be offered, aside from the actual thing being released. I'm a patient man, I will wait to see what happens. If it's real, I get to play multiplayer. If it's fake, it won't affect me in the slightest. Good luck to your team, and I hope that are able to crack it soon!

sTo0z

Quote from: Daemonix on March 12, 2010, 01:16:48 PM

My last post.

Arrg, I said I would shut up, but I feel compelled to make one last response.

We are not ASKING for proof, that site declared they had proof prepared, and then it was not delivered.

Also, the other teams have been opening discussing their code and tactics since day 1, some of them may have moved into more private teams, but originally it was all open to everyone.

Also, the other teams have already released the sandbox loader, and all that you see today.

"code gen" was like, "Hey, we're kicking ass! We have a video! Almost! No really, almost! Video soon!"

People just expect people to follow through with their claims.

TRADITIONAL internet fakery ALWAYS follows the same flow:

Wild claim -> Audience -> Wild claims of proof for original wild claims -> More audience -> Delays for proof for wild claims -> More audience -> More wild claims and more delays -> Audience getting doubtful, put pressure on wild claims -> Team that made wild claims gets upset people are doubting them -> More audience -> Team disappears blaming people putting pressure, insulting them, and calling them fakers -> Team was fake!

So far, "code gen" has followed the formula to the letter. Just sayin'.

Gamewiz

Some interesting stats they offered on their main site. The website has definitely not gotten alot of hits, which means it's obvious they are not advertising their site. That alone is enough for me to believe they aren't trying to steal keys off people. If they were, that site would have alot more hits.

Daemonix

Wild claim -> Audience -> Wild claims of proof for original wild claims -> More audience -> Delays for proof for wild claims -> More audience -> More wild claims and more delays -> Audience getting doubtful, put pressure on wild claims -> Team that made wild claims gets upset people are doubting them -> More audience -> Team disappears blaming people putting pressure, insulting them, and calling them fakers -> Team was fake!

So far, "code gen" has followed the formula to the letter. Just sayin'.

Site has been active for 14 days. Nobody was giving any claims. What you saw on site was progress report for other team members + something for public. It was supposed to be "secret" until some release just because of situations like this. But site got leaked somehow.

Go look the site now. Check the Stats since the foundation. Look @ TOTAL VISITORS.

Wild Claims my ass. Nobody even knew anything about them till today. Who made any claims except they among themselves?

Gamewiz

Quote from: Daemonix on March 12, 2010, 02:23:39 PM

Site has been active for 14 days. Nobody was giving any claims. What you saw on site was progress report for other team members + something for public. It was supposed to be "secret" until some release just because of situations like this. But site got leaked somehow.

Go look the site now. Check the Stats since the foundation. Look @ TOTAL VISITORS.

Wild Claims my ass. Nobody even knew anything about them till today. Who made any claims except they among themselves?

No argument from me. Again though, even if it's fake, it's no skin off my back. ;) So I might as well hope it's legit!