[Starcraft II - Beta Launcher by Valkirie]

Started by chetjan, February 28, 2010, 10:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imBu

Darkov
then choose a map directory... lol. Press the "Choose" button next to the "Maps" drop down list.

useless , lol 
i got win7x64 and run "as administrator" and problem is gone, thnx for help AlexALX
mb better if config save on .....*ini ?? not an reestr

Artanis186

comando123

can you make it select a random map? sometimes i just dont know what map i want to play xD

Gamewiz

Quote from: Gamewiz on March 04, 2010, 12:28:35 PM
Quote from: Valkirie on March 04, 2010, 12:07:38 PM
Quote from: Gamewiz on March 04, 2010, 12:04:44 PM
Quote from: Valkirie on March 04, 2010, 11:58:07 AM
Minimaps working.

Awesome! Good job! Looking forward to the new version. BTW, how do I use your launcher to do replays? If my maps are located in your Map folder in the main SC2 directory, where are my replays? How can I play them with your launcher?
Replay system couldn't be simplest. You just click on View replay then select your replay, click OK and here we go !

Is there after doing that thing where you setup your replays like the tutorial here shows?: http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/not-enough-pylons/how-to-view-your-own-replays-(with-full-instructions-on-how-to-install-the-game)/

Because that says you have to play maps from that specific directory, and then your replays will show up. I guess I'm just confused by the process. If I have maps located in the main starcraft 2 directory under "Maps", launch a game from this launcher, then want to do a replay, what do I do? Where are my replays stored?

Can no one answer my above question?

Valkirie

Changelog 0.20
- Reduced RAM consummation.
- Reduced CPU consummation.
- Best arrangement.
- Simple Replay viewer (Select, Launch).
- Settings autosave.
- Minimaps working.
- Multilanguage maps informations.

As you can see we're now able to show minimaps and quickly switch threw maps languages Replay button moved (a lot of free space ;) ). To view a replay simply click on the button, select your file and here you go !

AlexALX

And when will the new version? Something does not understand ...

Artanis186

Quote from: Valkirie on March 04, 2010, 02:44:52 PM
Changelog 0.20
- Best arrangement.
- Settings autosave.
- Minimaps working.

As you can see we're now able to show minimaps and quickly switch threw maps languages Replay button moved (a lot of free space ;) ). To view a replay simply click on the button, select your file and here you go !

Diggin' it, but still preferring the other guys theme. The information just seems like it belongs in that free space, ya know? Besides that, it'd be a nice excuse to bring back that most played/used info that I liked. :) The play/replay buttons can stay there though, I'm perfectly fine with that.

thepitster

Changelog 0.20
- Best arrangement.
- Settings autosave.
- Minimaps working.

i see where it says V0.20 but there is no download link in first post

Artanis186

Guys, stop asking for dl. He hasn't released it yet. I think he'd know there isn't a download link after so many times being bugged about it.

thepitster

Quote from: Artanis186 on March 04, 2010, 03:10:51 PM
Guys, stop asking for dl. He hasn't released it yet. I think he'd know there isn't a download link after so many times being bugged about it.
well sorry but those posts where made close together i didnt see the one b4 mine and it says no where in Valkirie's first post or the last one made that it wasnt available i was just merely wondering if a mistake was made during his post editing.

punisher7

Hello there..

I have been using this program to launch starcraft 2 beta since i think it was v0.15..
The UI / layout in 0.15 was easy setup..

In 0.17 you made the UI widescreen was also kinda nice and something new.

But actually i think you changed alot in 0.20 now, the options got too much seperated..

You have 1 place, where only a picture of the map is.
Another where you select map and AI..
A third where you select language and game version and that..

I think to make it alot more easier, as options always are.. Then Dont seperate the options.. keep em together on 1 side.. So you can select everything in a sec and then go..
Instead of, selecting options there, options there and some there..

My idea would be kinda like this: ( sorry for paint, but didnt bother to use photoshop atm.)

Okay you gotta understand it like this, all the red stuff, select map and AI should be moved up beside the Map picture, when you select a map you can see it just beside it.. very easy and nice..
Moving the rest of the options beneath the other ones making it quite more easy to select all options..

The Green space would then be free, i suggest putting the old internet options back again.. They are not really a big use for anything, but i think its cool to see how many people actually is playing this game, and also to see wich map is played most..

This is just my suggestions to make the UI quite more simply for eveyone to use..

p.s
i really think you have done a great job until now, and i just hope you keep up the good work..
the AI boys should pull them self together and make as much effort for this as you are..

Regards Punisher77

Bt

Changelog 0.20
- Best arrangement.
- Settings autosave.
- Minimaps working.

I would suggest leaving the buttons below the title that show most popular map being played, how many players online and so forth.

I would also suggest that you have an "Options" button to cover the game version, language, show fps, debugger etc because it is very likely that people will only set those options once and ignore them, it doesnt make sense to have those options on the front page cluttering up the design

Keep everything else the same ;)