[Starcraft II - Beta Launcher by Valkirie]

Started by chetjan, February 28, 2010, 10:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluesky

Well, why I play without AI ?
I select the map and the difficulty, but no AI on the map ...

Gamewiz

Quote from: Bluesky on March 01, 2010, 06:39:59 AM

Sounds like you didn't download any of the maps that have AI in them. Make sure you download maps that specifically say they have AI put into them. The default maps will not work.

Gapato

Thank you for this tool, makes life a little bit easier !

I just want to say that .NET framework is required (if I'm not mistaken), this is mostly for those of you who don't run Windows as their main OS, like me.

Bluesky

Quote from: Gamewiz on March 01, 2010, 10:27:41 AM

Sounds like you didn't download any of the maps that have AI in them. Make sure you download maps that specifically say they have AI put into them. The default maps will not work.

Yes, but when I download an AI map on nibbits.com, the AI is so easy ...
And yet I put the « Very hard » difficulty on Beta Launcher ...

So, what's wrong ?

Gamewiz

Quote from: Bluesky on March 01, 2010, 10:49:00 AM

So, what's wrong ?

The AI maps allow you to PLAY against AI. That's all. They will default to the "very very very easy" AI that Blizzard has implemented in the multiplayer Beta.

You need to download one of the AIs here on the site in order to change difficulty. There's plenty to choose from in the Map Section. Personally, a good one to go with right now (my opinion) is the StarCrack AI v5. http://www.mediafire.com/?tmgh2zyjion

If you want a very unfair AI, download one of the "cheating AIs", where they have ungodly amounts of minerals to start which means they mass forces very quickly.

Edit: Also, from what I've noticed, the AIs that come with this don't really change anything, so don't use them.

Bluesky

Quote from: Gamewiz on March 01, 2010, 10:59:39 AM
Quote from: Bluesky on March 01, 2010, 10:49:00 AM

So, what's wrong ?

The AI maps allow you to PLAY against AI. That's all. They will default to the "very very very easy" AI that Blizzard has implemented in the multiplayer Beta.

You need to download one of the AIs here on the site in order to change difficulty. There's plenty to choose from in the Map Section. Personally, a good one to go with right now (my opinion) is the StarCrack AI v5. http://www.mediafire.com/?tmgh2zyjion

If you want a very unfair AI, download one of the "cheating AIs", where they have ungodly amounts of minerals to start which means they mass forces very quickly.

Edit: Also, from what I've noticed, the AIs that come with this don't really change anything, so don't use them.

I downloaded your file, but it's not a map, it's a mod ? So we can't choose it on the Beta launcher ?

G-StaR

Bluesky how about reading the first page?
you have to put the AI file base.sc2data in the AI folder to choose it.

Gamewiz

Quote from: Bluesky on March 01, 2010, 11:07:10 AM

I downloaded your file, but it's not a map, it's a mod ? So we can't choose it on the Beta launcher ?

Correct, it's a mod. But you can choose it on the Beta Launcher. Basically, the launcher gave you a folder called AI, correct? Make sure that AI folder is in your main SC2 directory. Then, in that folder just create a folder and name it something like "StarCrack V5", then put that mod in the folder. Now, when you start the launcher, it should be there to select as an AI.

Bluesky

Quote from: Gamewiz on March 01, 2010, 11:11:27 AM

Correct, it's a mod. But you can choose it on the Beta Launcher. Basically, the launcher gave you a folder called AI, correct? Make sure that AI folder is in your main SC2 directory. Then, in that folder just create a folder and name it something like "StarCrack V5", then put that mod in the folder. Now, when you start the launcher, it should be there to select as an AI.

Ok, so I put an AI map ([2] - Shakuras Plateau.s2ma, downloaded on nibbits.com).
After, I put Custom Starcrack V5 on difficulty.
And it's okay, AI is hard ?

Bu3no

Quote from: Valkirie on March 01, 2010, 05:07:43 AM
Just woke up. Will try to fix this quickly.
Edit: Release 0.15 should fix any bugs. Have Fun.

Once again, thanks a lot for the fix Valkirie! :)

I really like that you actually make a call to MessageBoxA (or whatever it is in .net), displaying the missing file(s) and where to put it.

Maybe a slight modification... your messagebox displays the following information:

"Bad format\missing AI:" & str_AI_Name & "."
"Should be: \AI\Base.SC2Data."

You might want to change the 2nd line, because it is misleading right now. It should display:

"Bad format\missing AI:" & str_AI_Name
"Should be: \AI\" & str_AI_Name & "Base.SC2Data"

*** Note the removal of the ending "." (dots) ***
Oh and if what I'm saying isn't clear, because I actually used the old VB6.0 structure and syntax (not sure if it changed in .net), here's an example:

QuoteBad format\missing AI: Custom Starcrack V5
Should be: \AI\Custom Starcrack V5\Base.SC2Data

Gamewiz

Quote from: Bluesky on March 01, 2010, 11:22:17 AM

Ok, so I put an AI map ([2] - Shakuras Plateau.s2ma, downloaded on nibbits.com).

Yep, it should work fine for you now. The AI should be more of a challenge than the default AI. However, I wouldn't say the AI is hard (they are still working on the AI). On a scale of 1-10, I'd say the default AI was 0, and StarCrack v5 is around a 4 or 5. It's definitely like a "medium" setting.

Valkirie

Quote from: Bu3no on March 01, 2010, 11:23:23 AM
Quote from: Valkirie on March 01, 2010, 05:07:43 AM
Just woke up. Will try to fix this quickly.
Edit: Release 0.15 should fix any bugs. Have Fun.

Once again, thanks a lot for the fix Valkirie! :)

I really like that you actually make a call to MessageBoxA (or whatever it is in .net), displaying the missing file(s) and where to put it.

Maybe a slight modification... your messagebox displays the following information:

"Bad format\missing AI:" & str_AI_Name & "."
"Should be: \AI\Base.SC2Data."

You might want to change the 2nd line, because it is misleading right now. It should display:

"Bad format\missing AI:" & str_AI_Name
"Should be: \AI\" & str_AI_Name & "Base.SC2Data"

*** Note the removal of the ending "." (dots) ***
Oh and if what I'm saying isn't clear, because I actually used the old VB6.0 structure and syntax (not sure if it changed in .net), here's an example:

QuoteBad format\missing AI: Custom Starcrack V5
Should be: \AI\Custom Starcrack V5\Base.SC2Data
Release 0.16 should be an awesome one ^^ Some goodies in it ;)

Bluesky

Quote from: Gamewiz on March 01, 2010, 11:24:58 AM

Yep, it should work fine for you now. The AI should be more of a challenge than the default AI. However, I wouldn't say the AI is hard (they are still working on the AI). On a scale of 1-10, I'd say the default AI was 0, and StarCrack v5 is around a 4 or 5. It's definitely like a "medium" setting.

I tried, buy the AI is still so stupid ...
Thank's you for your help, I'm waiting for the next AI' generation ! :)

Gamewiz

Quote from: Bluesky on March 01, 2010, 11:50:22 AM
Quote from: Gamewiz on March 01, 2010, 11:24:58 AM

I tried, buy the AI is still so stupid ...
Thank's you for your help, I'm waiting for the next AI' generation ! :)

Hmm... they aren't the greatest, but they should still be attacking you, especially a good amount mid-game. If they are still acting the same, that means something else is overriding your AI settings.

MadSheep

Some easy fixes (Visual most of them)

1. Windows location to center of the screen
Select Form > Properties > Layout > StartPosition to CenterScreen

2. Disable re-size of the form
Select Form > Properties > Appearance > Form border Style to Fixed Single

3. Make the application to run only once (one instance)
(from the menu select) Project > Project Properties > Application > Select the "Make single instance application"

4. Apply the icon of SC2 to the form
Select Form > Properties > Windows Style > Icon

5. Change the version selection from textbox to drop down menu (detecting the version from the versions folder in starcraft2)

5b. Instead of -m -r -s in Force Loading use Map, Replay and Save
detect the proper arguments with 3 if's and 1 variable (or your way of course ;) )

6. change the drop down stile in your comboboxes
ComboBox2.DropDownStyle = ComboBoxStyle.DropDownList

Bonus
7. Change the default buttons with yours :)

If you need help in something tell me!