[Starcraft II - Beta Launcher by Valkirie]

Started by chetjan, February 28, 2010, 10:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vernam7

kurupted

I have 2 issues with the current version, otherwise it works great. First one is that I couldnt launch the 6 player metalopolis, might be because it's not a default version so no biggie.

Second was the resource sharing, I dont think it works or I just misunderstood the function somehow :P. With it on or off, couldnt spot a difference.  :whistle:

I dont know whether it was coincidence or not, but my ally sent his units when I was going for the enemy near my base. After 5 minutes I launched a second attack on the another enemy(since we defeated the first one), and my ally sent his units from his base to "aid me", that we met exactly on the enemy's base entrace =P

Awesome job.  :cheers:

Tresh

Here you go, guys... http://www.mediafire.com/?rmdjmunmk2w

Valkirie, if you're NOT ok with me uploading it, let me know and i'll remove it. Else, feel free to add that link to the main post.

janin

Quote from: Vernam7 on March 22, 2010, 05:36:30 AM
"a runaway process" ??? whats that?

What I meant is a process (a program) which consumes 100% CPU , when it shouldn't. Sorry if I used the wrong term, English is not my mother tongue.

bobdylan

QuoteI followed the instructions in the tutorial from the link posted on the main topic and replays are still not working.
This tutorial is really old as it require me to use the old .21 launcher (tried and replays do work with .21).
However this is not working with the new .23, I believe it has to do something with the map repacking.
The new method that allow us to play wihtout map repacking, making the replays unavailable to launch.

I, too, am having issues with playing replays.  Not official replays, mind you, only ones of me and the AI.  It worked fine before, so I don't understand why anything would be changed to render them unviewable.  Whatever changed I would rather it be the way that it originally was plus team play.  Great launcher, tho, none the less.  I do like the other changes and added features as well.  Just wish my replays would work.  :o 

Thanks for your hard work!

comando123

i really like this launher however the most recent releases i dont like as much, the ladder is nice and all but theres 2 things that i miss from the older versions and i would like them back to a degree:
-color choice is now annoying make the colors a drop down menu like in warcraft III.
-the map configuration doesnt allow replays to be used anymore, the version i am currently using is version 0.21 please rework your methods to act like version 0.21 as i do enjoy watching my replays.

Additional Request:
if you decide to bring back the method where the replay works, can you create some sort of way in which your launcher will remember what Base.SC2DATA file we were using while playing against different AI? if this is too complicated possibly rename the most recent replay to the folder name of the AI we chose, it was painstackingly aweful a minute ago when i went through trying to remember which AI file i had used.

thanks for all your hardwork  Valkirie
take care of the few issues above and i will happily switch over to the newer versions

Spooker617

found bug

when ally control is turned on, you can only select only one unit of your allies at a time. should be able to select a full army.

Vernam7

Quote from: Spooker617 on March 23, 2010, 04:08:18 AM
found bug

when ally control is turned on, you can only select only one unit of your allies at a time. should be able to select a full army.

nop thats normal

Entity

Awesome launcher!

Trouble with repays tho. Using ver .23
Also, can anyone explane the ladder function and how it works.
Is it currently offline?

Thx to Valkirie

Tresh

[/size]
QuoteHere you go, guys... http://www.mediafire.com/?rmdjmunmk2w

So, more than 20 downloads, and not even a "thank you"? Way to go.

Vernam7

Quote from: Tresh on March 23, 2010, 01:07:14 PM
QuoteHere you go, guys... http://www.mediafire.com/?rmdjmunmk2w

So, more than 20 downloads, and not even a "thank you"? Way to go.

lol welcome to the human race! ;-)
i have 19.000+ downloads and the tnx are less than 1%
and you think that those 20 people would spend time to thank?

those forums are full of truly selfish people, that they only spend time to post a thread when they have a problem and they are too lazy to read the fucking manual, or they want to play super judges and without any knowledge they just cretisise creators for their hard and FREE work!

some creators are more interesting in what they are doing some less, ok,  but all off us deserve posts just as you said for a single tnx, because with out those there will be no more tools!

pathetic humans raised so wrong, will always be around, like wolfs hunting sheep! :-[

but if the sheep leaves, there will be No wolfs! :-\

God

Okay, I really appreciate your work Valkirie and the ladder you're making, but can you make it so that this launcher doesn't replace syk0's loading images for the maps.  I really like those better and would appreciate it if you could get rid of the loading screen you made (not that it's bad).  Thanks for you work.

Kironide

Unfortunately, I am experiencing errors--the program throws an exception. Error message: http://pastebin.com/uqaJvD9N

Valkirie

I'm working on 0.24 which will support 7.0 starcrack with .galaxy system and the new ladder login/register system. I also fixed a lot of bugs,ect... Releasing it ASAP.

bobdylan

QuoteI'm working on 0.24 which will support 7.0 starcrack with .galaxy system and the new ladder login/register system. I also fixed a lot of bugs,ect... Releasing it ASAP.

What about replays?  I would rather have replay functionality than any of the other features.  Guess I'm going to have to try out Vernam's launcher or go back to 0.21. :(