[Starcraft II - Beta Launcher by Valkirie]

Started by chetjan, February 28, 2010, 10:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brightb

Kakaru

Seeing how the launcher creates an users folder, in which finally you have appdata\..\cache, and a bunch of files, i
and that Xp has no use of an users folderr

was wondering if replays don't work in xp just because of that, while in 7 they may work.

Anyway, I retested it and:

for XP SP3 Eng US and 0.27b

0. New bug: Now you can select Lost Temple, but   when I click Play an   error pops out. (something about illegal   characters)

Confirming:

1. Installer creates an uninstall line for each version   (like 0.25, 0.26, 0.27) instead of just the latest one.
2. an Users folder is created under   C:. It seems it   is used by the launcher for the cache/map.
3. no start   locations on the minimap   as in your screenshot.
4. your own replays don't work - unable to open map.

FoXaS

Hey i just want to say replays dont work @me it always say "unable to open map" could someone help me please?

edit: im using vista

nexxim

Adding a User folder automatically is a good thing, BUT some of us (like me) don't have windows installed in the default C drive, for instants mine is E drive.

Maybe the launcher can detect which drive Windows is installed on, then add the User folder there for cache files

ozd24

Starting locations still not appear on my minimap in 0.27b.
Replays still not working for me (new ones) I Downloaded the newest cache for patch 6 from sc2win.com. maybe its because I am using XP.. I dont know anymore..
I am really starting to get frustrated because of that.

ChickenGoCluck

Kulas Ravine and Lost Temple give error messages when I try and play them

RobinHood

Hi,

I saw a bug on the minimap, Blistering Sands seem to be bugged . I don't know if it's caused by the version of my maps or the launcher itself...

Tresh

Yeah, most numbers on most maps are a lil bit off... Well, just off.

Tresh

When will 0.28 come around? at least a 0.27b, cause this one is barely playable (im not bitching, i've been supporting this launcher all along, but sadly i cant play with this release)

FoXaS

Sry but there are more bugs in the new version then the last one xD Many maps are bugged! like lost temple,Kulas ravine.Shakuras plateau,twillight fortress and some others i think

Tresh

One more thing, if you delete loading.dds, its breaks down, why dont you add a failsafe? Like if ( !loading.dds ) create it. OR something in the likes of that. :)

brightb

Suggestion:
  you could add an option (or two replay buttons) to select what type of replay one is going to   load (official or with ai) and make the launcher use the needed   base.sc2data, so we don't have to copy it manually.
  This would be useful for the people who like to download and watch   official replays.

Tresh

Quoting is not working for me, but the thing brightb said sounds really good. Should be doable, too, shouldn't it?

God

aha!  Start locations fixed.  Thank you sooo much Valkirie.  The numbers don't appear on my minimaps though.  Weird...

Valkirie

Will work on get things fixed asap. Toonight I hope, if I have some free times.
0.28beta (use carefully).