[Starcraft II - Beta Launcher by Valkirie]

Started by chetjan, February 28, 2010, 10:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blintux

Bt

Quote from: Blintux on March 04, 2010, 04:22:23 PM
My new idea :)

Yeah basically what I suggested in the post above. This is exactly what I envisioned

blackghost

Quote from: Blintux on March 04, 2010, 04:22:23 PM
My new idea :)

Wow, this is a very good suggestion of how the launcher should look.

Valkirie

Looks good but the fact is that VB doesn't support transparency. So if I put a textbox over a picture it gave a bad result.

chetjan

wow it keeps getting better. keep up the great work.

Vernam7

Quote from: Valkirie on March 04, 2010, 07:24:54 PM
Looks good but the fact is that VB doesn't support transparency. So if I put a textbox over a picture it gave a bad result.

vb.net does! in which text box are you refairing exactly?
some control dont support transparent background But still you can do lots of things with TransparentKeyColors and other similar properties.

also the map desc name info etc doesnt need to be text box but Labels!  ;)
labels have great transparency support in background color and try playing arround with the cotrols Zorder! right click move front, move back etc.

btw did you finish up your mpq extractor? your map preview images are working from with in the .sc2ma file now or its under construction?

p.s found and issue in selecting custom directories: if you choose cancel or X i still get error message like if i had pressed ok.
try using the folderdialogbox like that:

if me.folderdialog1.showdialog()=dialogresult.ok then
....do your stuff here
end if
end sub

so only if i press OK will try to find out AI maps etc and not start a function if i press X or cancel.

btw the above is just a generic sample! ;)

MadSheep

use label instead of a textbox you can adjust the layout parameters and the transparency its the same (almost)

Pyr3x

I love this tool very much however, the new design you have for it with the horizontal layout is just not as neat as the vertical layout. I feel if you could somehow skin it with a nice border in a vertical shaped design it would be much nicer. Perhaps consider making it a tad wider this should allow you to have more space to place your objects.

Thank you for the launcher.

-Pyr3x

chetjan

ya I agree pyr3x, a little to much on the horrizontal

ranger101

Gamewiz

jenkinsdjtg

chikopaws

Hey valk, I think you should add this to 0.20

StarCraft II Beta - Patch 3 (version 0.5.0.14219B)Balance Changes

• TERRAN

• Engineering Bay

• Infantry Armor: The time required for each upgrade has been reduced by 30 seconds, decreasing each upgrade time from 190/220/250 seconds to 160/190/220 seconds.
      • Infantry Weapons: The time required for each upgrade has been reduced by 30 seconds, decreasing each upgrade time from 190/220/250 seconds to 160/190/220 seconds.
    • Armory

• Vehicle Plating: The time required for each upgrade has been reduced by 30 seconds, decreasing each upgrade time from 190/220/250 seconds to 160/190/220 seconds.
      • Vehicle Weapons: The time required for each upgrade has been reduced by 30 seconds, decreasing each upgrade time from 190/220/250 seconds to 160/190/220 seconds.
      • Ship Plating: The time required for each upgrade has been reduced by 30 seconds, decreasing each upgrade time from 190/220/250 seconds to 160/190/220 seconds.
      • Ship Weapons: The time required for each upgrade has been reduced by 30 seconds, decreasing each upgrade time from 190/220/250 seconds to 160/190/220 seconds.
  • PROTOSS

•       
    • Zealot

•          
      • The maximum shield capacity of this unit has been decreased from 60 to 50.
Bug Fixes

• Fixed a bug where the Infestor's Neural Parasite ability could cause Reapers to lose the ability to move.
  • Fixed an issue that could use an incorrect HDR format on some ATI cards.
  • Fixed a crash that could happen on some ATI cards.

Darkov

@chikopaws all GUI's work with all versions, since lazytownlaucher2.exe is out.