[Starcraft II - Beta Launcher by Valkirie]

Started by chetjan, February 28, 2010, 10:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zezariz

So after a night of a James bond marathon and an impressive amount of boredom this is my Idea of what it could look like if it were more like B.net:P it wont happen but it would be epic if it did. lol i couldn't figure out what to do with a lot of the space but i think it looks pretty good just the same :P

costaastaroth

mOsteel

Quote from: Zezariz on March 07, 2010, 04:15:53 AM
So after a night of a James bond marathon and an impressive amount of boredom this is my Idea of what it could look like if it were more like B.net:P it wont happen but it would be epic if it did. lol i couldn't figure out what to do with a lot of the space but i think it looks pretty good just the same :P

This is cool, just need some rework.
ftw!

Zezariz

Quote from: mOsteel on March 07, 2010, 04:26:28 AM
Quote from: Zezariz on March 07, 2010, 04:15:53 AM

This is cool, just need some rework.
ftw!

Let me clarify this isnt the actual app i was just bored and had photoshop open heh

mOsteel

costaastaroth

Don't waste time...DO IT !!!! Who's with me?  ???

chelu_chelu

me me me  :D :D if darkblizz doesn't exist ...now we play Solitaire :) good job guys

UberB

This launcher connects to the server? What the hell for? And why every time I do something as simple as just clicking on a map? I can obviously understand if I wanted to check for an update but just clicking on a map? wtf?

Valkirie

data(next_cursor + 1) = i ' Player number
                    data(next_cursor + 2) = 2 ' Player Type (Computer)
                    data(next_cursor + 3) = 0 ' Unk1
                    data(next_cursor + 4) = 0 ' Unk2
                    data(next_cursor + 5) = 0 ' Unk3
                    data(next_cursor + 6) = i ' Color
                    data(next_cursor + 7) = 0 ' Unk4
                    data(next_cursor + 8) = 0 ' Unk5
                    data(next_cursor + 9) = 0 ' Unk6
                    data(next_cursor + 10) = 80 ' Race
                    data(next_cursor + 11) = 114 ' Race
                    data(next_cursor + 12) = 111 ' Race
                    data(next_cursor + 13) = 116 ' Race

As you can see Race/Color are done. I'm now working on the GUI to make something usable.

GetInside

Yeah mann, ur launcher is tha best !!!! do it =D

Dubfire

First of all, Zezaris - rly nice work man ;) I hope your idea will see the light of day very soon :P

Quote from: chikopaws on March 07, 2010, 02:59:05 AM
I think the main problem is, the maps cache in AppData\Local\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\Cache become outdated after install the latest patch.. so we have to update the cache after install a new patch..
and maybe in your case, triggerlibs make you cant view replay..

anyway, can I ask your cache folder?? or you can just show me a download link..
maybe using your cache will work for me..

yes, i did that in the first place. I DL-ed one from here, try it yourself: http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5404675/StarCraft_2_%28_II_%29_Beta_Advanced_Loader_NEW%28fix_replay_desync%29

Read the description of the torrent and just use the cache files. And you got some fine replays from this torrent too ;) Btw, after this cache update, i still wasn't able to view replays. But after removing triggerlibs, it did just fine.

I was looking for some new replays, and suprisingly it was very hard to find some :(

But, here it is, try this one: http://www.nibbits.com/sc2/replays/

Valkirie

Just to show you this is already working. BETA GUI

Switcha

Why wont this one work out ? looks alot better :
http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/1520/97354433.jpg

It's easy as 1-2-3 to set the UI up in Visual Studio 2008/2010.

MadSheep

Epic
nice making, even if it is photoshop

If you make it like this then your competition will lose instantly!!!

@Valkirie
you are doing nice work!!!
the gui is the last part finish the launcher and then experiment with finest gui