[Starcraft II - Beta Launcher by Valkirie]

Started by chetjan, February 28, 2010, 10:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M.v.L

Hey,
This is my first post on the forums (finally decided to register).
I think the layout that Artanis186 posted was really good!!  ;)
But besides that I cant think of any improvements...
(I dont really see why you need a custom icon, its sooo easy to change on your own.)
Keep up the good work, hope the new version comes out soon.
Rock 'n' Roll!

kblood

Quote from: DFA on March 07, 2010, 11:03:33 AM
"Valkirie button restore mb must be always clickable? And you need to choose a map and AI to push this button - it is not convenient."

good point, forgot to update this, but will do for today's release

Also, changing the launcher icon is a good idea

I have good news, type/race/color selection are functional!

please give more suggestions for 0.21

I am trying to find the best way to make replays work with these kinds of maps. Seems the best way would be that every game should put a temporary map file which is an editing copy of the original map, put into the cache directory.
This map should then have the AI files added to them, so they wont have to be launched with the correct AI, it will just be included. I have made some maps with the Starcrack V6 AI added to them. I place these maps in the cache/download folder and play them from there, and I have working replays. They should even be shareable.

Here is an example:
http://dionysus.dk/SC2/Maps%20with%20Starcrack%20V6%20AI/MappackV1/(4)%20-%20Shakuras%20Plateau%20AIv6.s2ma
Place this file in:
C:\Users\*user*\AppData\Local\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\Cache\Download
And then run the attached AI file with LazyLaunch2.exe. Does not matter which folder, just needs Starcraft2 to have the newest patch. (6.something) Possibly some cache files as well, but not sure. Have not tested if it might work without cache files.
The replay: It is me playing an AI version of Twilight Fortress with the TriggerLibs folder and the subfolders from Starcracks AI v6 no cheating version. I was protoss and only used 2 unit types the whole game against 3 AI. One of each race. ;) And I did not pick that setup, it was just a random map, I did not use any loader, because then this kind of replay would not be possible, unless the loader was made to be able to make replays this way.
And again the steps:
1. Put the map I linked in the ..Battle.net\Cache\Download folder.
2. Make sure Starcraft 2 is fully updated and has no special mods installed of any kinds. (clean install)
3. Run my attached replay with LazyLaunch2.exe. (It is inside the .rar file, unpack it anywhere then open the replay with the launcher.)
Viola, 1h30m replay of me pwning 3 AI v6 with Protoss, but with the self imposed handicap of only using two types of protoss units.

If this could be done to the launcher. Adding the AIs TriggerLib folder to the temporary map it should be making anyway, and the mapinfo file, then placing this whole temporary map in the cache folder somewhere. Maybe in some launcher specific folder. Should not matter as long as it does not interfere with the Blizzard cache files and the map is in the end run from the cache folder. Then we would have a working launcher that supports replays, and if made with a special script of naming these temporary maps like ttpz for a map with two terran, one protoss and one zerg, then all map names could be unique, but still have the same unique name and folder for other users, so they can run the replay as well. (if they played the same map with those settings).

Razredge

OMG! Guys, if you can make the app to look like this, you can kiss farewell to the other launchers. That would be really awesome.

DFA

Quote from: sc2_switcher on March 07, 2010, 11:18:31 AM
What do you mean?
Flash works perfectly in vb.net.

well, I've never used vb.net until i picked up on this project, so i wouldn't know ^_^
I've used VB6 for the past 4 years

Gamewiz

So how's the new GUI coming with race selection? Says it's going to be out today, correct? :)

DFA

Quote from: Gamewiz on March 07, 2010, 12:12:32 PM
So how's the new GUI coming with race selection? Says it's going to be out today, correct? :)

Race selection works, and yes val plans to have this released today
putting the GUI together is the only thing left to do

drndos

Quotewell, I've never used vb.net until i picked up on this project, so i wouldn't know ^_^

So if it's possible, we can do something like that, it would be awesome...
I need PSD file please.

DFA

I have none of them..and I don't know what resources val has..he might have PSD

in any case, I am not an artist..so i wouldn't be able to get PSD files for you...

Gamewiz

Quote from: DFA on March 07, 2010, 12:13:59 PM
Quote from: Gamewiz on March 07, 2010, 12:12:32 PM

Race selection works, and yes val plans to have this released today
putting the GUI together is the only thing left to do

Awesome! Today as in this morning, or today as in tonight at 11:59pm? ;)

(I'm kidding btw, just excited for the new launcher)

laggy246

Can you pls add an option to disable online feature?
Because now whenever I am offline, everytime i start your launcher the "no internet connection.." window pops up.

Valkirie

Quote from: laggy246 on March 07, 2010, 12:24:44 PM
Because now whenever I am offline, everytime i start your launcher the "no internet connection.." window pops up.
Already done it. Working on GUI. 0.21 incoming :p

Razredge

Quote from: drndos on March 07, 2010, 12:14:08 PM
Quotewell, I've never used vb.net until i picked up on this project, so i wouldn't know ^_^

So if it's possible, we can do something like that, it would be awesome...
I need PSD file please.
You should PM Zezariz, asking for the PSD files, as he's the one who made that image.

M.v.L

Quote from: Valkirie on March 07, 2010, 12:26:18 PM

All right,
I almost cant wait.  ;D
Rock 'n' Roll!

Gamewiz

Quote from: Valkirie on March 07, 2010, 12:26:18 PM

I'm all giddy with anticipation. :)

ENM_Pacman

so im trying to use this GUI and whenever i open it, it says lazylaunc2 cannot be found, so i try to run the lazylaunch2.exe and i keep getting a diagnostic message saying that it cant be executed. halp plz  :'(