[Starcraft II - Beta Launcher by Valkirie]

Started by chetjan, February 28, 2010, 10:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valkirie

Quote from: chikopaws on March 08, 2010, 08:19:05 AM
Quote from: Mikael on March 08, 2010, 08:02:42 AM

Edit: I have noticed that some maps are kinda screwed up, won't load etc. I use the maps from sYk0 and they seem to work perfect for me. You could always test that if you have not already. http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/ai-scripts/starcraft-2-beta-offline-ai-maps/msg4109/#msg4109

shouldn't we used  the original maps instead of hacked maps?
Changelog 0.21
- Support both original and hacked maps.

----------------------------------------------------
Just read most of your posts. Will try to fix them toonight if i can.

M.v.L

6.1 AI
works fine !
I just dont get a notify at the start,
but they play pretty badass

EDIT:
I just started 1 more game with these settings :

-AI 6.1
-Shakuras Plateau from sYk0's map pack map with 1 computer set to "None"
-All the colores above (White, Grey, LightBlue)
-I am terran
-the computers were "Random"

will report back in 10min or so and tell
you if the AI rly was 6.1

2.EDIT:

YES it was AI 6.1 to 100%
the toss used is speed boost thingy,
and had a ton of zealots.

the terran had a exe up rly falst too.

Rock 'n' Roll!

UberB

Quote from: Vernam7 on March 08, 2010, 07:43:58 AM
ERROR SOLUTION: READ PEOPLE READ! >:(
Please, just uncheck that damn "Use internet" check box and no more error should appear

+1 so i am making this HUGE!
but this needs to be fixed  :P  later on i quess.

btw i cleaned up your trolling garbages, someone has to clean up this forums :P

dude most of the posted error messages aren't due to not being able to connect to the server. if you read the error message it says something like "Could not find file 'D:\Games\StarCraft II Beta\Logs\MapInfo'."

it's not gonna get solved just by unchecking that damn box

although that box should be unchecked by default. consider implementing that in the next version? it makes no sense to have a server check by default.

M.v.L

I had the same error.
uncheking the i-net box fixed it for me.
Rock 'n' Roll!

Vernam7

some else has to read i guees more about percents and errors, never said its the same error for all guys, but they 1st should try this and if doesnt work then post.-

and this is not a deal, its a Rule, we have to keep those topics as clean as possible, even though its not my software, i am trying to clean up thinks.-

Master619

I collected lots of infos from situations my friends had. This guide should fix ALL the problems:
1. Make sure you have .net framework 3.5

2. After downloading 0.21.rar, extract ALL OF IT into your SC2 beta folder, OVERWRITING all necessary.

3. Make sure you have the map files (.s2ma) in a folder named "Maps" in the SC2 beta folder (not doing this shouldnt cause any problems in most situations, but just in case)

4. Now start the Starcraft II - Beta Launcher.exe (yes it is overwritten to 0.21), and if the "Use internet" check box is checked, uncheck it. [optional]Choose the AI and Maps folder (it shouldnt ask you those if you followed step 2 & 3 above).

5. Choose your map, AI, races,... then start the game and enjoy.If problems still show up, try upgrade your client to newest version and try again.

Thats all i got for now, hope those were helpful  :-* :-*

M.v.L

I just found 2 bugs!
It is possible to select the same color for each player.
(this resulting in everyone being red or something. like that.)

When the random color selection is applyed for multipe players
they will all get the same random color, not everyone a random color.

e.g.:

If you play a 4 player map and select the color "random" for everyone,
everyone will get one random color (everyone will be a single color like red)
And NOT everyone a different random color (like me=red, player1=blue ect.)
Rock 'n' Roll!

Hoopla

Quote from: Master619 on March 08, 2010, 09:04:54 AM
I collected lots of infos from situations my friends had. This guide should fix ALL the problems:
1. Make sure you have .net framework 3.5

2. After downloading 0.21.rar, extract ALL OF IT into your SC2 beta folder, OVERWRITING all necessary.

3. Make sure you have the map files (.s2ma) in a folder named "Maps" in the SC2 beta folder (not doing this shouldnt cause any problems in most situations, but just in case)

4. Now start the Starcraft II - Beta Launcher.exe (yes it is overwritten to 0.21), and if the "Use internet" check box is checked, uncheck it. [optional]Choose the AI and Maps folder (it shouldnt ask you those if you followed step 2 & 3 above).

5. Choose your map, AI, races,... then start the game and enjoy.If problems still show up, try upgrade your client to newest version and try again.

Thats all i got for now, hope those were helpful  :-* :-*

I've done all of that and I'm still getting a effing error. It worked once and never worked again. wtf..

Master619

Quote from: Hoopla on March 08, 2010, 09:17:48 AM

I've done all of that and I'm still getting a effing error. It worked once and never worked again. wtf..

Have you tried a fresh reinstall?

erfg1

I just want to help in any way possible. Here is some code taken from StarLauncher 0.3 for team play.

void BuildPatchedScript(HWND hDlg)
{
DWORD team_data[16];
char line[0x100];
for (int i=0; i<MaxSlot; i++)
team_data[i] = SendDlgItemMessage(hDlg, CB_TEAM_IDS[i], CB_GETCURSEL, 0, 0);
PatchedScript[0] = 0;
for (int i=0; i<MaxSlot; i++) { // player1 loopfor (int j=0; j<MaxSlot; j++) { // player2 loop if (i != j && team_data[i] == team_data[j]) {
// 0 - c_allianceIdPassive, 1 - c_allianceIdVision wsprintfA(line,
"\t\tPlayerGetAlliance(%d,0,%d);PlayerGetAlliance(%d,0,%d);PlayerGetAlliance(%d,1,%d);PlayerGetAlliance(%d,1,%d);\n",
i+1, j+1, j+1, i+1, i+1, j+1, j+1, i+1);
strcat(PatchedScript, line);
}
}
}
}

for (int i=0; i<MaxSlot; i++) {
EnableWindow(GetDlgItem(hDlg, CB_CTRL_IDS[i]), TRUE);
EnableWindow(GetDlgItem(hDlg, CB_RACE_IDS[i]), TRUE);
SendDlgItemMessage(hDlg, CB_CTRL_IDS[i], CB_SETCURSEL, i == 0 ? 1 : 2, 0);
// Team SlotsSendDlgItemMessage(hDlg, CB_TEAM_IDS[i], CB_RESETCONTENT, 0, 0);
for (int j=0; j<MaxSlot; j++) {
TCHAR teamstr[0x20];
wsprintf(teamstr, _T("Team %d"), j+1);
SendDlgItemMessage(hDlg, CB_TEAM_IDS[i], CB_ADDSTRING, 0, (LPARAM)teamstr);
}
SendDlgItemMessage(hDlg, CB_TEAM_IDS[i], CB_SETCURSEL, i, 0);
EnableWindow(GetDlgItem(hDlg, CB_TEAM_IDS[i]), TRUE);
}
for (int i=MaxSlot; i<6; i++) {
EnableWindow(GetDlgItem(hDlg, CB_CTRL_IDS[i]), FALSE);
EnableWindow(GetDlgItem(hDlg, CB_RACE_IDS[i]), FALSE);
EnableWindow(GetDlgItem(hDlg, CB_TEAM_IDS[i]), FALSE);
}

BYTE PlayerSetAllianceCode[] = {
0x55, 0x8B, 0xEC, 0x56, 0x8B, 0xC1, 0xC1, 0xE2, 0x04, 0x03, 0xD0, 0xBE, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,
0x8A, 0x4D, 0x08, 0xD3, 0xE6, 0x8B, 0x04, 0x95, 0xA0, 0xE8, 0xA9, 0x01, 0x0B, 0xC6, 0x89, 0x04,
0x95, 0xA0, 0xE8, 0xA9, 0x01, 0x5E, 0x5D, 0xC2, 0x04, 0x00};

// alloc memory for my "PlayerSetAlliance" code.LPVOID pCode = VirtualAllocEx(pi.hProcess, (LPVOID)0x60000000, 4096, MEM_COMMIT|MEM_RESERVE, PAGE_EXECUTE_READWRITE);
// find "PlayerGetAlliance" wrapper function address in memory.DWORD d = 0;
LPVOID pPGA_Addr = ProcessScanCode((LPBYTE)0x800000, Pattern1, sizeof(Pattern1), pi.hProcess, d, -1);
if (pPGA_Addr == NULL) {
UnmapViewOfFile(pData);
CloseHandle(pData);
ErrorExit(_T("Can not find patch address!"));
}
// find the address of the struct that holds the alliance data.LPVOID pAddr = ProcessScanCode((LPBYTE)0x800000, Pattern2, sizeof(Pattern2), pi.hProcess, d, sizeof(Pattern2) + 3);
if (pAddr == NULL) {
UnmapViewOfFile(pData);
CloseHandle(pData);
ErrorExit(_T("Can not find patch address!"));
}
// and fill in my "PlayerSetAlliance" code.*(DWORD *)(PlayerSetAllianceCode + 24) = d;
*(DWORD *)(PlayerSetAllianceCode + 33) = d;
WriteProcessMemory(pi.hProcess, pCode, PlayerSetAllianceCode, sizeof(PlayerSetAllianceCode), NULL);

// patch code to make the "PlayerGetAlliance" = "PlayerSetAlliance"BYTE call_code[5] = {0xe8, 0, 0, 0, 0};
DWORD patch_addr = ((DWORD)pPGA_Addr + sizeof(Pattern1) + 6);
*(DWORD*)(call_code+1) = (DWORD)pCode - patch_addr - 5;
WriteProcessMemory(pi.hProcess, (LPVOID)patch_addr, call_code, 5, NULL);
ResumeThread(pi.hThread);

Hoopla

Quote from: Master619 on March 08, 2010, 09:20:37 AM
Quote from: Hoopla on March 08, 2010, 09:17:48 AM

Have you tried a fresh reinstall?

A fresh reinstall of Starcraft II? Well I only installed Starcraft II about 2 days ago, I shouldn't have to reinstall it.

Mikael

Quote from: chikopaws on March 08, 2010, 08:19:05 AM
Quote from: Mikael on March 08, 2010, 08:02:42 AM

Edit: I have noticed that some maps are kinda screwed up, won't load etc. I use the maps from sYk0 and they seem to work perfect for me. You could always test that if you have not already. http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/ai-scripts/starcraft-2-beta-offline-ai-maps/msg4109/#msg4109

shouldn't we used  the original maps instead of hacked maps?

These hacked maps include the original loading screen, unhacked maps do not if I got it right. So I would say these are better.

Also, Valkirie. Thanks for all the nice work on the launcher.

Gamewiz

Quote from: erfg1 on March 08, 2010, 09:21:33 AM
I just want to help in any way possible. Here is some code taken from StarLauncher 0.3 for team play.

You are awesome! Valkirie, if you could implement team play I'll definitely go back to using your launcher. But as it is now I use the star launcher because it's the only one with team play.

Master619

Quote from: Gamewiz on March 08, 2010, 09:27:04 AM

You are awesome! Valkirie, if you could implement team play I'll definitely go back to using your launcher. But as it is now I use the star launcher because it's the only one with team play.

Agreed  :) . I also want some team play as well. And btw what is that star launcher you mentioned gamewiz? I mean there are so many launchers out there and i havent seen 1 named star? I wanna try that as well, thanks a lot

mOsteel

Quote from: Zezariz on March 08, 2010, 02:00:56 AM
Well lol new image isn't finished yet but :P any tips?

zez i think this size is better. if you could rework on this then that would be perfect.