[Starcraft II - Beta Launcher by Valkirie]

Started by chetjan, February 28, 2010, 10:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DFA

Quote from: Master619 on March 08, 2010, 10:57:37 AM
Because many people here had that very same problem and fixed it that way. If that doesnt work, you may want to see this, hope it helps:
http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/sc2-tools/starcraft-ii-beta-launcher/msg7850/#msg7850
And a fresh reinstall is also an option to consider if the above still doesnt work...

Yes this guide does look very useful

Enabling/Disabling Internet shouldn't fix any problems...the way it works now is, it checks if its able to connect to the server, then if the connection was established, extra features are enabled (upload/download maps, and voting and popularity)

The problem i noticed is that when its connecting to the server, the launcher completely stops responding until the operation is done. The same for uploading maps, which can take up to a minute or longer.  Even though the application says not responding, it still is uploading the file. If anyone has any suggestions for how to fix this would be great.

Val is at work right now and will work on the it tonight, and I do not have the latest source.  I was actually trying to redo the launcher in Direct3D9...but i decided it wasn't necessary since val came up with the elegant interface

Also, does anyone have any suggestions on how to fit the interface using any custom DPI?  I know the DirectX9 approach would of solved this too..

If you are having a selectedIndex error, its most likely because when its loading your configuration from the .ini file, it might be trying to select the one that was deleted (if you delete maps, AI, etc)

Hoopla

I'm still getting an error every time I click play. I am not going to reinstall SCII Beta because I shouldn't have to. :/

M.v.L

Quote from: DFA on March 08, 2010, 11:17:02 AM
Quote from: Master619 on March 08, 2010, 10:57:37 AM
Because many people here had that very same problem and fixed it that way. If that doesnt work, you may want to see this, hope it helps:
http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/sc2-tools/starcraft-ii-beta-launcher/msg7850/#msg7850
And a fresh reinstall is also an option to consider if the above still doesnt work...

Yes this guide does look very useful

Enabling/Disabling Internet shouldn't fix any problems...the way it works now is, it checks if its able to connect to the server, then if the connection was established, extra features are enabled (upload/download maps, and voting and popularity)

The problem i noticed is that when its connecting to the server, the launcher completely stops responding until the operation is done. The same for uploading maps, which can take up to a minute or longer.  Even though the application says not responding, it still is uploading the file. If anyone has any suggestions for how to fix this would be great.

Val is at work right now and will work on the it tonight, and I do not have the latest source.  I was actually trying to redo the launcher in Direct3D9...but i decided it wasn't necessary since val came up with the elegant interface

Also, does anyone have any suggestions on how to fit the interface using any custom DPI?  I know the DirectX9 approach would of solved this too..

If you are having a selectedIndex error, its most likely because when its loading your configuration from the .ini file, it might be trying to select the one that was deleted (if you delete maps, AI, etc)

Sorry,
but I cant help you with the technical stuff,
but it would be nice if you could fix the bug I mentioned earlier

http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/sc2-tools/starcraft-ii-beta-launcher/msg7854/#msg7854

Nice work on the launcher btw., we really appreciate it!!  :)
Rock 'n' Roll!

chikopaws

Have anyone realized this is the longest thread in this forum?? LoL

I'm glad following this thread from the begining  :D

programm

I dont know what's this launcher but few hours after using it my SC2 became utlra SLOW. I've been using just LazyLauncher2 in the last week and since release of beta I've never had slow loading on Sc2. Now today I tried this launcher, installed MS Framework 3.5 and few hours after I couldnt load SC2 from anywhere cause it loads 5 minutes!!!! All loading screens whetehr from lazy launcher2, the normal SC2 Beta icon or this launcher it all loads slow and the menu everything inside is slow........

Damn I hope I ever get a chance to p;ay the real beta so that I uninstall and get rid of all this crap.

Gamewiz

Quote from: programm on March 08, 2010, 11:35:43 AM
I dont know what's this launcher but few hours after using it my SC2 became utlra SLOW. I've been using just LazyLauncher2 in the last week and since release of beta I've never had slow loading on Sc2. Now today I tried this launcher, installed MS Framework 3.5 and few hours after I couldnt load SC2 from anywhere cause it loads 5 minutes!!!! All loading screens whetehr from lazy launcher2, the normal SC2 Beta icon or this launcher it all loads slow and the menu everything inside is slow........

Damn I hope I ever get a chance to p;ay the real beta so that I uninstall and get rid of all this crap.

All of "this crap" is at least allowing you to play at all, rather than watching replays on youtube, so you should be more grateful.

programm

Who the hell is putting me Karma -2 , wtf is up with you mods? Have I sent any bloody insults to any1? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?  Yes grateful all was OK with lazylauncher until trying this one. I'd bet I must have installed the wrong Framework version, not for 32 bit Vista.

AlexALX

When i select map show me debug....

QuoteПодробная информация об использовании оперативной
(JIT) отладки вместо данного диалогового
окна содержится в конце этого сообщения.

************** Текст исключения **************
System.InvalidCastException: Приведение строки "26<script>document.write('<ifram" к типу "Integer" является недопустимым. ---> System.FormatException: Входная строка имела неверный формат.
   в Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
   в Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToInteger(String Value)
   --- Конец трассировки внутреннего стека исключений ---
   в Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToInteger(String Value)
   в WindowsApplication1.Main.ReadingMapInfo()
   в WindowsApplication1.Main._Lambda$__8(Object a0, EventArgs a1)
   в System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   в System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
   в System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WndProc(Message& m)
   в System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   в System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   в System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Загруженные сборки **************
mscorlib
    Версия сборки: 2.0.0.0
    Версия Win32: 2.0.50727.3603 (GDR.050727-3600)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Starcraft II - Beta Launcher
    Версия сборки: 0.21.0.0
    Версия Win32: 0.21.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///O:/Games/StarCraft II Beta Rus/Starcraft II - Beta Launcher.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Версия сборки: 8.0.0.0
    Версия Win32: 8.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    Версия Win32: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    Версия Win32: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
MagickNet
    Версия сборки: 1.0.0.3
    Версия Win32:
    CodeBase: file:///O:/Games/StarCraft II Beta Rus/MagickNet.DLL
msvcm80
    Версия сборки: 8.0.50727.4053
    Версия Win32: 8.00.50727.4053
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/WinSxS/x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.4053_x-ww_e6967989/msvcm80.dll
MpqLib
    Версия сборки: 1.0.3329.41510
    Версия Win32:
    CodeBase: file:///O:/Games/StarCraft II Beta Rus/MpqLib.DLL
msvcm90
    Версия сборки: 9.0.30729.1
    Версия Win32: 9.00.30729.1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/WinSxS/x86_Microsoft.VC90.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.1_x-ww_6f74963e/msvcm90.dll
mscorlib.resources
    Версия Win32: 2.0.50727.3603 (GDR.050727-3600)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic.resources
    Версия сборки: 8.0.0.0
    Версия Win32: 8.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic.resources/8.0.0.0_ru_b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.resources.dll
System.Windows.Forms.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/2.0.0.0_ru_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll

************** Оперативная отладка (JIT) **************
Для подключения оперативной (JIT) отладки файл .config данного
приложения или компьютера (machine.config) должен иметь
значение jitDebugging, установленное в секции system.windows.forms.
Приложение также должно быть скомпилировано с включенной
отладкой.

Например:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

При включенной отладке JIT любое необрабатываемое исключение
пересылается отладчику JIT, зарегистрированному на данном компьютере,
вместо того чтобы обрабатываться данным диалоговым окном.

chaospinhead

Mine worked yesterday (.21), and i played a couple games.  Today someone mentioned there's wasnt, and i opened mine up and i get an unhandled exception.  If i click continue, and uncheck internet, i can still click around but the play button is greyed out.  If i check "use internet" and click something it crashed unhandled exception again.  Something about it using the internet is causing it to die today.

chikopaws

Quote from: programm on March 08, 2010, 11:35:43 AM

LoL.. take it easy dude..  8)

I got the same problem exactly as yours TWICE.. the loading times takes about 3 minutes and then it's crashed... back to windows
this is happened yesterday and today.. But I just reinstalled it again. now it works fine until now with this launcher..

However, I dont know what's causing this problem

AlexALX

This problem occurs when the checkbox is checked "use internet", and the choice of race / color when not available.

programm

Yes, I got pissed that it became slow. But due to my SC2 folder being a mess from all possible launchers and such I uninstalled SC2, then installed MS framework, then SC2 again and it loads fast... for now. I will post if I have any problems again.

Bloodcrave

M.v.L

Rock 'n' Roll!

ringlas

Quote from: ringlas on March 08, 2010, 10:50:20 AM
How come it needs lazy launcher 2.0, doesn't it include it in its content? Plus can you watch replays with this launcher without doing anything on the fresh install of the game?
Bump!