[Starcraft II - Beta Launcher by Valkirie]

Started by chetjan, February 28, 2010, 10:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkunknown2

I love this GUI, but for some reason it won't work.  It will turn on with no errors, but then when i start it it goes to a loading and crashes.  It works with other launchers. Windows 7 32-bit.

mOsteel

@ Zezariz

i love that new skin and everyone loves it.

thats the perfect skin, size for valkiries launcher. Hope valkirie use it.

matrixn

Quote from: Darkunknown2 on March 08, 2010, 06:36:45 PM
I love this GUI, but for some reason it won't work.  It will turn on with no errors, but then when i start it it goes to a loading and crashes.  It works with other launchers. Windows 7 32-bit.

Try to delete the settings.ini and then run the launcher as administrator : Right click on it> Run as Administrator...> Click Ok and it should work.

If is still not working check if you have those files in same directory as Starcraft II Beta Launcher:

• MpqLib.dll
  • MagickNet.dll
  • lazylaunch2.exe
and very important is that you should check if you have .NET Framework 3.5 installed on your pc. if not you can download it for the Windows7 x86 edition directly from the microsoft.com webpage.

Kouga

Zezariz

Quote from: mOsteel on March 08, 2010, 06:46:27 PM
@ Zezariz

Hope he decides to as well. Would be awesome heh. I worked extremely hard on it lol it would make my day to see it as the launchers skin lol might be too much work though id gladly help with coding it and such. (if needed me to) I'm a bit of a scrub lol but i have a lot of time on my hands to mess with everything lol

I wonder how location settings work :P

matrixn

Quote from: Zezariz on March 08, 2010, 06:55:17 PM
@ Zezariz

Hope he decides to as well. Would be awesome heh. I worked extremely hard on it lol it would make my day to see it as the launchers skin lol might be too much work though id gladly help with coding it and such. (if needed me to) I'm a bit of a scrub lol but i have a lot of time on my hands to mess with everything lol

Off-topic: dude.. you have a lol "thing" illness? Are you using lol as a ,(comma)

On-topic: Im waiting for next release of the launcher hopping that "read map meta/info" will be improved.

Kouga

Zezariz

Quote from: matrixn on March 08, 2010, 07:18:26 PM
Quote from: Zezariz on March 08, 2010, 06:55:17 PM
@ Zezariz

Off-topic: dude.. you have a lol "thing" illness? Are you using lol as a ,(comma)

On-topic: Im waiting for next release of the launcher hopping that "read map meta/info" will be improved.

lol i have a tendency to use "lol" and ":P" as punctuation :P too much wow has deteriorated my ability to type lol

chikopaws

Quote from: programm on March 08, 2010, 12:40:42 PM
Yes, I got pissed that it became slow. But due to my SC2 folder being a mess from all possible launchers and such I uninstalled SC2, then installed MS framework, then SC2 again and it loads fast... for now. I will post if I have any problems again.

hmm.. maybe that is what's causing my sc2 loading so slow too.. I remebered switch launcher from valk's and starlauncher..
after I reinstalled my sc2 for the second time, I just use valk's launcher..

So for now I just stick to this launcher

Kouga

Valkirie use Zezariz skin its the best skin so far. you 2 should work together to create the best launcher.

Kouga

when will you release the next version?

madmarttigan

Kouga

Quote from: madmarttigan on March 08, 2010, 11:26:15 PM
make harder AI than 5.5 please :)

i think you posted it in the wrong topic :D

chikopaws

Darkunknown2

Quote from: matrixn on March 08, 2010, 06:50:47 PM
Quote from: Darkunknown2 on March 08, 2010, 06:36:45 PM

Try to delete the settings.ini and then run the launcher as administrator : Right click on it> Run as Administrator...> Click Ok and it should work.

If is still not working check if you have those files in same directory as Starcraft II Beta Launcher:

• MpqLib.dll
  • MagickNet.dll
  • lazylaunch2.exe
and very important is that you should check if you have .NET Framework 3.5 installed on your pc. if not you can download it for the Windows7 x86 edition directly from the microsoft.com webpage.

It still didn't work. I don't know what else to do. I reinstalled SC2 Beta and tried every patch. And i have all the DLL's.