StarCrack ALLin1 (OFFICIAL) (site moved read last post for new links!)

Started by BoBoStariaN, March 01, 2010, 03:58:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raven_g20

Guys have a small problem...

I recently uninstalled sc2beta and installed it again. I let it update and then i installed sc2allin. Before this process i could play and watch some replays. But now after all of the above i cannot see replay or even load a map. It crashes to desktop everytime i either load a replay or a map to play. I am using Win7 64x.

Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

Vernam7

Quote from: raven_g20 on March 09, 2010, 12:11:27 PM
Guys have a small problem...

I recently uninstalled sc2beta and installed it again. I let it update and then i installed sc2allin. Before this process i could play and watch some replays. But now after all of the above i cannot see replay or even load a map. It crashes to desktop everytime i either load a replay or a map to play. I am using Win7 64x.

Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

are you sure its not sc2 installation, the problem you describe has nothing to do i thin with the launcher...... maybe the installation failed? did you removed ALL before uninstalling? i mean cache files saved data etc?

crashing to desktop is sc2 problem for sure.

raven_g20

Yes. I removed all files. Under users\etc.... under program files everywhere. The thing is though i never copied the Battle.net.mpq or the basesc2data files. Should i do those again? Because in the 1st page instructions it never said to do any of those steps. So i'm guessing i dont need to?

It also generated a error report to be sent to blizzard. But its a lot of info and i dont think it will help evaluate the problem. If you guys think it can help i can copy it here.

Vernam7

Quote from: raven_g20 on March 09, 2010, 12:52:50 PM
Yes. I removed all files. Under users\etc.... under program files everywhere. The thing is though i never copied the Battle.net.mpq or the basesc2data files. Should i do those again? Because in the 1st page instructions it never said to do any of those steps. So i'm guessing i dont need to?

It also generated a error report to be sent to blizzard. But its a lot of info and i dont think it will help evaluate the problem. If you guys think it can help i can copy it here.

you shouldnt copy paste anyhting just install and update the game, dont touch game files and install to its own location the existing version, you will able to play, but your crash is propobly something else, so send it to blizzard and copy paste the 1 page here as well NOT all of it!

Sindrome

Vernam7

nice touch with the surroundings! i mean the golden borders, very nice, almost wow :P
hehe
BUT there is a limit to detail and if i stick more to GUI this Version Will never be released  ::)

we have to move on!

btw pm me the questionmark image (trasparent background in no more than 50x50 px)if you can plz i would like to use it  8)

Sindrome

Quote from: Vernam7 on March 09, 2010, 04:08:32 PM
nice touch with the surroundings! i mean the golden borders, very nice, almost wow :P
hehe

BUT there is a limit to detail and if i stick more to GUI this Version Will never be released  ::)

we have to move on!

btw pm me the questionmark image (trasparent background in no more than 50x50 px)if you can plz i would like to use it  8)

Sorry i realy bad understand you. my inglish is not good inaf. Golden borders can be coloured by pensil in photoshop ride on players blue fields to exclude limit to detail incresing. You want i make a transparent window?
p.s its just a fast 5 minits sample to show idea.

Vernam7

i said i like the borders but there is NO more time for GUI updates we have to release the new version in few hours (hopfully)

and i want you to send me the golder QUESTIONMARK on the right corner, i wan it 50x50pixels and with a transparent background!

hope you undertood me! send them with Private Messege. just the question mark!

Sindrome

Quote from: Vernam7 on March 09, 2010, 04:35:05 PM
i said i like the borders but there is NO more time for GUI updates we have to release the new version in few hours (hopfully)

and i want you to send me the golder QUESTIONMARK on the right corner, i wan it 50x50pixels and with a transparent background!

hope you undertood me! send them with Private Messege. just the question mark!
ok. done. in original size. it a little smaller than 50 pix
you receive links?

Vernam7

check your pm i said yes, tnx alot

delirtenadam

Vernam7

Quote from: delirtenadam on March 09, 2010, 06:00:13 PM
Do you have a development???

if i have a development??? whats that? what are trying to say? :-\

Artanis186

Hope to see your work released soon. ^.^

Quote from: Sindrome on March 09, 2010, 03:18:40 PM

All he did was put the Start button border around the player frames. ;) I'm personally not into them, I think they'd look nicer with a brighter blue border. Just an opinion though.

Vernam7

i am on the same side with you on this my Art Director,
i think gold its too much Warcraft.
i like the blue arround the map but damni really dont have time for those details right now  :-[
maybe in 3.6.2 :P
damn i am making so many things this baby is a hydra!
i finish one i have an ideas for other 2 and coding never ends!  :D

heavensrevenge

Quote from: Vernam7 on March 09, 2010, 07:26:34 PM
i am on the same side with you on this my Art Director,
i think gold its too much Warcraft.
i like the blue arround the map but damni really dont have time for those details right now  :-[
maybe in 3.6.2 :P
damn i am making so many things this baby is a hydra!
i finish one i have an ideas for other 2 and coding never ends!  :D
Heyo, I dont want to be too judgmental, or insulting of a free tool or anything, but this iteration is taking forever Vernam7, maybe you should do more iterations with smaller feature sets, and release a tad more often instead of a single epic release.  You do have an auto-update mechanism so little patches beyond just AI updates I think would be a good idea. 
Mainly I think im going to physically move my living location (tomorrow) before you actually get this 3.x version released, and it prevents me from spreading this 3.x version to others who want race selection in the city I am right now.

So without negativity I would suggest you do smaller iterative releases a bit more often than now.
BUT regardless of when it's released, im excited to use it when I get the honor of mirroring your bits for download :)  
THANKS AGAIN, and I hope this is released within the next day(or next few hours)
Happy coding Vernam7.