StarCrack ALLin1 (OFFICIAL) (site moved read last post for new links!)

Started by BoBoStariaN, March 01, 2010, 03:58:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ringlas

I know I have given you my credits only yesterday, but you released today the new version and I just can't help it not to say some good words!
Outstanding! Really, I enjoyed sitting back in my chair, I clicked update to the newest version, it updates, installs by itself and it's all ready to play and now with the new improvements, awesome team selection and great GUI! What more should a lazy person like me want! I hope you enjoy your work and I wanted you to know someone there enjoys it as much as you  8)  

ProtossSC2

Hi there..
Am currently on version 4.6.1 and having problems with the team function.
The game starts with an error "parameter out of bound - player get alliance" stuffs like that ..
Is the problem from the maps I'm using ? Though I believe I'm using the one provided at the original post as well.

So I'm pretty much in a FFA even after setting the teams.
Thanks for the launcher.

David

Vernam7

thank you much for your kind words its so nice to see your download numbers going up like crazy and NOT your bugs or posts with true problems!

you give me more motive not to "retire" :)

as about any scripting errors itsbecause the map isnt official probably syk0 map with too many start locations or disabled players!i may find a smarter system arround that latter

after all the best maps to use for teams are the original unmodified blizzard maps
you canget them from release post#1 link.

ProtossSC2

Hi again.
I've redownloaded the official maps from the original post and tried it again but i still get the trigger error in get melee initialization at the beginning of the game.

I've cleared my old installed maps and inputted these new ones but still getting the same result.
Is there something else that I need to modify or delete that's causing this problem?

David

jarmenz

Vernam7, first I want to thank You for Your hard work. The launcher is great.About the teams, it doesn`t work for me either, just as stzeetzerx. I get some kind of errors about parameters out of bounds. Can`t really read the error because the fade out time is like 2 seconds and the AI level is showing in front of that error.

Yes, I used original maps. I also reinstalled SCII and the I tried again with Your launcher - same error.

Maybe the old files in AllUsers are messing with the newest version? Any ideas?

ringlas

Quote from: jarmenz on March 21, 2010, 12:45:55 PM
Vernam7, first I want to thank You for Your hard work. The launcher is great.About the teams, it doesn`t work for me either, just as stzeetzerx. I get some kind of errors about parameters out of bounds. Can`t really read the error because the fade out time is like 2 seconds and the AI level is showing in front of that error.

Yes, I used original maps. I also reinstalled SCII and the I tried again with Your launcher - same error.

Maybe the old files in AllUsers are messing with the newest version? Any ideas?

I think you should try this on a fresh install -

Download zipped Cache folder (try from this post I found in the forum - http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/not-enough-pylons/complete-guide-installation-ai-maps-cache-replays(including-your-own-vs-ai)/msg10693/#msg10693) and put them into:

Windows 7/Vista:
"C:\Users\<Your Name>\Appdata\Local\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\"

Windows XP:
"C:\Documents and Settings\<Your Name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\"

Note! Only the Cache files! Do not copy any maps.

I have tested the launcher in Win 7 32 bit, Win 7 64 bit and it works excellent. If you have a second computer with another OS try it just to see if the prob is within your system. 

I am not sure if this Error has anything at all with the Cache files but you can give it a try, after all if you have done a fresh reinstall on both launcher, game and old registries, I can't think of any other alternatives for now.

Vernam7

@ringlas thanks for the support.

this how they should have done it, i am sorry but i cannot reproduce the error so i cant find any error in my tool in order to fix!
this is defenetly a map issue and probably a cahce file of the map that has altered by other tool, lefted edited and now the tool tries to correct it but messes up the map file version!

follow the exact instructions of Ringlas (also said before and in other posts including #1) you DONT have to reinstall the game, the trick is the cache directory to be as its should be ;-)

also i am glad to inform you that compared to other similarlauncers, you can still watch your replays without no problem at all! ;-)

so if you like it dont forget to +karma
or donation support, welll i know economic crissys but at least 1 karma is free and good for reputation. :cheers:

i cant belive i am gona say that but i am going to PLAY now a FULL Game!!!!! Finally!!!!  :D

Bloodyaugust

Not on my computer with SC2, but I must rave again on the excellent job you (and ringlas :P) are doing to support this launcher, and how easy to use and bugless it is. Absolutely the best launcher.

However, you will need to implement a ranking system like that of Valkiries in order to stay competitive. If he can get his bugs worked out (BIG if), then his will be more popular. Simple as that.

Thanks again for the work!

Vernam7

Quote from: Bloodyaugust on March 21, 2010, 03:04:38 PM
Not on my computer with SC2, but I must rave again on the excellent job you (and ringlas :P ) are doing to support this launcher, and how easy to use and bugless it is. Absolutely the best launcher.

However, you will need to implement a ranking system like that of Valkiries in order to stay competitive. If he can get his bugs worked out (BIG if), then his will be more popular. Simple as that.

Thanks again for the work!

1)i said it before i will say it again this is NOT a competition for a single reason, there is no opponent around.

2)just saying that i DONT like Always Online Tools! I HATE THEM! thats why i got down to this and made this Tool, so that Everyone with or without internet that got the sc2 beta installed, will have a change of enjoying this game OFFLINE!, there is no point in unofficial ladder that after few weeks will be empty cause blizzard will make it own official one! ladder for beta its totally waste of time, at least for me.

3)i am going to stick with the offline exp for ever, thats the point of argument with Blizzard years now, thats why we made the cracks, otherwise every one of you (including me) will still wait IF (Bigger IF) they will get a beta key, to play!

4)i prefer against AI matches gives you time to learn practice and be ready for humans later, AI do NOT disconnect, never LAG, and can be played ANY TIME YOU WISH! ;)

so thank you for your good words, but i will keep on doing offline tools!

starcraft is like asperine or poetry or music, it belong's to the world!

p.s if i wanted to make a ladder system i could have done one. i support EALA CnC for years in my Online BugDatabase (http://cnc.com.gr), i have the knowledge and expireance to do so (bug free), i am just Not interested. ;)

Bloodyaugust

I like a man that shoots for what he wants, and nothing more.

Continue the great work.

pic2022

ok 4.6.1 does not work.. i click on play and sc2 starts up and then i get the black screen and it says sc2 stopped responding.. any ideas? and don't tell me to read the install directions again.. none of them make any sense... because i did not install my sc2 game to the c drive.

Vernam7

Quote from: pic2022 on March 21, 2010, 08:16:07 PM
ok 4.6.1 does not work.. i click on play and sc2 starts up and then i get the black screen and it says sc2 stopped responding.. any ideas? and don't tell me to read the install directions again.. none of them make any sense... because i did not install my sc2 game to the c drive.

what You are saying doesnt make any sense.
also read here for people instructions! dont sit back and wait for a remotely magical solution, i am not a Blizzard supporter you know. so be careful with the attitude. >:(

if your sc2 crash plz redownload the tool, make sure it your game with cache file Correctly installed, to what ever drive and that you Update the starcraft to its latest patch version (just run once the sc2 default shortcut icon to auto update the game)

you problem is in your game-system-installation not in the tool.

superhell

It would stop loading and quit at about 95%

I noticed the files on both rapidshare and the mirror were all 8.83 mb instead of 9.3mb.

tiger2wander

Thank you a lots for your work! Here is good launcher. I've just download the latest version and try to play with it. After "Start playing" and load so far haft of progress bar, there is message "can not launch game" after click ok button it has go to login screen. The last version is fine for me.

I'm using windows 7 64 bit.

LoneEagle013

Vernam,

Good job on the latest update.  Been using your tool for a long while, and it's probably one of the easiest tool to use if we follow the instructions carefully.

Quick question: your release note mentioned to be able to choose the speed from the launcher, but for some reason mine still only does it ingame only. I have 4.6.1 running just fine, except for that tiny particular bit.

Not a deal breaker, just wondering that's all.

Thanks again.