StarCrack ALLin1 (OFFICIAL) (site moved read last post for new links!)

Started by BoBoStariaN, March 01, 2010, 03:58:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vernam7

all those are nice but stay on the topic guys! ::)

programm

SO are you saying with your launcher one can watch others replays of latest version and doesnt have the *TEMP* missing files message?

And that it can  adjust game speed befoer you launch?

Gamewiz

Hey Vernam your new preview looks great. I definitely might pick it up. Just to clarify, you said you would implement teams in your NEXT patch (not the preview one), correct?

Does that mean like 1-2 weeks from now? Or do you expect it to be out a little sooner than that? I'm really looking forward to something other than Starlauncher having the team option, because I really enjoy that team play option (even if the AI don't always work together).

Your launcher looks great! Keep up the good work!

Vernam7

Quote from: programm on March 10, 2010, 10:53:13 AM
SO are you saying with your launcher one can watch others replays of latest version and doesnt have the *TEMP* missing files message?

And that it can  adjust game speed befoer you launch?

by says "others" mean people-player or Launchers?
ok lets make something crystal clear,
you can watch from my tool replays as long as:
1)you have the latest cache files read page #1 post1
2)you select the same difficulty level the replay was plaid with.
3)the maps is not destroyed by a launcher, i dont support others i support my self. logical right? so i dont qarantie what will happen when you try to load a modified by race-color map for replay, i just dont know and honestly dont care  :P
the map should be destroyed in my opinion in the first place.
it may play it may not. dont know!

Vernam7

Quote from: Gamewiz on March 10, 2010, 10:59:31 AM
Hey Vernam your new preview looks great. I definitely might pick it up. Just to clarify, you said you would implement teams in your NEXT patch (not the preview one), correct?

Does that mean like 1-2 weeks from now? Or do you expect it to be out a little sooner than that? I'm really looking forward to something other than Starlauncher having the team option, because I really enjoy that team play option (even if the AI don't always work together).

i dont know it could be 1-2hours it could be 1 week or never depending on knowledge sharing, there are teams that share their knowledge and other that keeps them for them self, and this totally stupid, we are should not compete our selfs! but be united.
so for know personally i dont have ALL the code needit for Teams, and even if i had it, as long as its not 100% working why should i bother even make it?

i part of the hack has to do with editing the map in a specif way, (thats the easy part) i have done it) the other one is changing computer memory data just before gameplay and thats the unstable one! :-[
if the team hack becomes stable 100% i will implemented be sure. i wanted too. ::) 

anyone willing to share and take credit (i alwasy give to those deserve it)
plz feel free to PM me your valid information.

Gamewiz

Quote from: Vernam7 on March 10, 2010, 11:44:26 AM
Quote from: Gamewiz on March 10, 2010, 10:59:31 AM

i dont know it could be 1-2hours it could be 1 week or never depending on knowledge sharing, there are teams that share their knowledge and other that keeps them for them self, and this totally stupid, we are should not compete our selfs! but be united.
so for know personally i dont have ALL the code needit for Teams, and even if i had it, as long as its not 100% working why should i bother even make it?

i part of the hack has to do with editing the map in a specif way, (thats the easy part) i have done it) the other one is changing computer memory data just before gameplay and thats the unstable one! :-[
if the team hack becomes stable 100% i will implemented be sure. i wanted too. ::) 

anyone willing to share and take credit (i alwasy give to those deserve it)
plz feel free to PM me your valid information.

First off, thank you for taking the time to talk with me on it. I really appreciate it. I tried keeping my topic calm in one of the other threads, but the mod there decided he didn't like me disagreeing with him, even if I did it politely. So all my posts got deleted. That is horrid moderating, and is an abuse of power. So again, thank you for being polite.

Is the unstable one the one StarLauncher uses (that little 65kb chinese one)? Because I've used it many times now and have never had a problem with it. Maybe I've just gotten lucky. However, even if it was unstable, if people don't like using teams, couldn't they just set everyone to a different team? That would fix the problem, no? And for those of us who want to risk it, we have that option. The source code for the starlauncher is available on this forum, so is that the one you've already taken a look at?

Again, good work on your launcher!

Vernam7

lol i just read Valks answers, yeah i dont know how much you pushed him, but trust me its not that easy! if i heck your memory and crash your system because i made a mistake by some pushing me to do something thats not safe, you will be the 1st that will shoot me!

:D :D :D

no teams until safe way is found 8) , sorry thats final for now. relax ;-)
i have to get back to work. :(

GetInside

Vernam , please up asap ur last version with team selection ;p i really want to make a 2v2 !! or 3v3

Gamewiz

Quote from: Vernam7 on March 10, 2010, 12:26:30 PM
lol i just read Valks answers, yeah i dont know how much you pushed him, but trust me its not that easy! if i heck your memory and crash your system because i made a mistake by some pushing me to do something thats not safe, you will be the 1st that will shoot me!

:D :D :D

no teams until safe way is found 8) , sorry thats final for now. relax ;-)
i have to get back to work. :(

Truthfully I made two posts, and they were actually directed towards someone else that was getting upset at me for now reason (perhaps because I disagreed with him, the horror!), so I dunno what the problem was.

Ok, I will wait for team selection for now. :) I'll just use the star launcher when I want teams, and I will start using yours once your new version comes out. :)

Bt

Teams is working 100% fine in Starcrack for a few days now

Artanis186

Quote from: Bt on March 10, 2010, 02:34:14 PM

I'll check on this myself. I don't know if I can trust someone who has -27 karma though. ;)

Vernam7

I am glad to announce that the BETA Version 3.6.1 is almost READY for Distribution,
i am making the new Setup File of the tool right now and also i will include a pack with the best maps out there!
due to heavy graphics changes and map content the next setup will be greater in size.
still not ready to tell you how much exactly.

we will be in Beta phase for at least 1-2 hours after that if no critical bugs are found the Beta will go RTSF (release to Starcraft fans :D ) for all of you to enjoy, and not beta test ;-)[/b]
[/b]
i will make a new 1st page post with new instructions, but let me tell you that from now that this Version will propobly be NOT evailable to updated from with in the existing 2.6.0 because of the size and your love, my private server has reach its montly limit more than 3 time in 1 week![/b]
[/b]
you have download my tool more than 16.000TIMES! and that unique not page hits, from all over the mirrors, so i will have to see how things are going and decide if i will upload my patch to my server or i you will redownload the setup from rapidshare and other mirrors.[/b]
[/b]
i havent asked for donations, i am sure that none of you are willing to give 1dollar, even thought it will be helpfull, but i am asking for FAST able to handle huge trafic requests servers for my new verion currently i have only 4! 3 mine one from a fun.[/b]
[/b]
thank you see you after few hours.[/b]

Gamewiz

Quote from: Vernam7 on March 10, 2010, 03:56:14 PM
I am glad to announce that the BETA Version 3.6.1 is almost READY for Distribution,
i am making the new Setup File of the tool right now and also i will include a pack with the best maps out there!
due to heavy graphics changes and map content the next setup will be greater in size.
still not ready to tell you how much exactly.

we will be in Beta phase for at least 1-2 hours after that if no critical bugs are found the Beta will go RTSF (release to Starcraft fans :D ) for all of you to enjoy, and not beta test ;-)

i will make a new 1st page post with new instructions, but let me tell you that from now that this Version will propobly be NOT evailable to updated from with in the existing 2.6.0 because of the size and your love, my private server has reach its montly limit more than 3 time in 1 week!

you have download my tool more than 16.000TIMES! and that unique not page hits, from all over the mirrors, so i will have to see how things are going and decide if i will upload my patch to my server or i you will redownload the setup from rapidshare and other mirrors.

i havent asked for donations, i am sure that none of you are willing to give 1dollar, even thought it will be helpfull, but i am asking for FAST able to handle huge trafic requests servers for my new verion currently i have only 4! 3 mine one from a fun.

thank you see you after few hours.

I can't wait to try it out! :)

Bt

Quote from: Artanis186 on March 10, 2010, 03:41:09 PM
Quote from: Bt on March 10, 2010, 02:34:14 PM

I'll check on this myself. I don't know if I can trust someone who has -27 karma though. ;)

Haha I can only assume programm and other useless individuals are voting me down because i've called them out on their stupidity and laziness in other threads.

Shrug.

On Topic: Good work Vernam7, will be happy to see how it turns out ;) You probably want to host on rapidshare/megaupload too, there really is no disadvantage and you'll save yourself money.

btm1

You sir sound like an asshat. From what I can tell this launcher won't be any better than and probably worse in functionality than most of the others.  I'm also a UI and web designer and for all of  your self flattery the UI design of this launcher sucks a huge knob. It takes a lot to make me want to register for sites like this so I can lay the smack down on terds like you, but your terrible english and lame remarks have made this quite pleasurable.

You have been weighed.  You have been measured. And you have been found wanting.

That is all.