StarCraft II Beta - Patch 5 (version 0.7.0.14356)

Started by CraniX, March 12, 2010, 03:51:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraniX

QuoteStarCraft II Beta – Patch 5 (version 0.7.0.14356)
The latest patch notes can always be found on the StarCraft II Beta General Discussion forum.
Balance Changes

• PROTOSS

• Cybernetics Core

• Warp Gate research time increased from 60 seconds to 140 seconds.
  • ZERG

• Hatchery/Lair/Hive

• Burrow research time increased from 50 seconds to 100 seconds.
      • Burrow research cost increased from 50 Minerals and 50 Vespene Gas to 100 Minerals and 100 Vespene Gas.
    • Nydus Network

• Nydus Worm build time increased from 10 seconds to 20 seconds.
    • Hydralisk

• The delay between attacks has been increased from 0.75 seconds to 0.83 seconds.
    • Infestor

• Neural Parasite has been redesigned:

• The limited duration of 10 seconds has been removed.
        • Can no longer target air units.
        • Cast range decreased from 9 to 7.
      • Burrowed Infestor move speed decreased from 1.5 to 1.
      • Infestor life decreased from 120 to 90.
      • Infestors that are burrowed now have the same threat level as above-ground units for the purposes of automatically acquiring targets.
Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue with High graphics settings that could cause particles not to render.

Starcraft 2 Hacking Development
http://hackdev.easyforum.ru

TheLeapist

Wow, looks like the Zerg got raped a little bit with this patch. Haha.

dodongbadong

Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue with High graphics settings that could cause particles not to render.
im waiting for this fix.. yes finally my high setting is quite better now...  ;D

You make your best AI script "cheating or not"
and ill test it for you
- FREE-

cloak123

Quote from: TheLeapist on March 12, 2010, 07:36:09 PM
Wow, looks like the Zerg got raped a little bit with this patch. Haha.

i think the warp gate thing was bigger slap in the face to the protoss users than all of the zerg nerfs combined.

ooni

Obscene

Zerg raped. But, that's a really great fix. Because, i find that Zerg is already too fast on training units.

kgptzac

Quote from: dodongbadong on March 12, 2010, 07:40:52 PM
Bug Fixes

im waiting for this fix.. yes finally my high setting is quite better now...  ;D

i don't really see the difference... plus now the loading time is extremely long maybe because of this "fix" ...

and it messes up starcrack's launcher :(

[mrn]

Quote from: kgptzac on March 13, 2010, 04:21:23 AM
i don't really see the difference... plus now the loading time is extremely long maybe because of this "fix" ...

Well, I do see the difference between no-effects-at-all and high-quality-effects :P And I noticed a small increasement in the loading time aswell.

Not sure which launcher you mean, but at least the Starcraft Beta Launcer works brilliantly (in which you have the ability to choose between different patch versions).

I had this weird "bug" when updating to Patch 5: when I launched the original SC2 and it started to patch, it showed me info about Patch 4 and not 5... But I guess it did update correctly anyways since in Beta Launcher it lists as "version 14356", and I can now actually see the visual effects in High-settings.

And about bugs.. I just noticed that when I deploy the protoss Warp Prism on certain type of ground, the psionic matrix doesn't show up at all (though you CAN still warp your troops to that point as usual). Just a minor gfx-glitch I think.

Dream

this latest patch cache anyone? Im not able to watch replays.

eaon21

hmmm..i was out of town for about 2 weeks (i missed SC2)..and i found out that the patch is already version 5, when i opened sc2, patch 5 is downloading...what about patch 4,3, and 2...should i look for them also and download it...i mean i want my sc2 to be updated with patches... will be my sc2 really updated even though i dont download patch 2 3 4... if i should download them, where can i find it..?

kdronez

Actualy Zerg needed that nerf.Nydus Network was to good  and with fast borrow tech,roaches and some micro you could make lots of dmg so I think its OK :>,but what about for example Immortals 50 dmg to armored target?3-4 hits dead roach,tank,stalker.I think they should nerf them as well.I know what you will say you can get them with zerglings,marines,zealots etc. ,but good luck with that when you have a bunch of zealots infront of you xD.
This is my pearsonal opinion dont hate me for it xD.

Dream

Does anyone knows what cache should I use if I wanna to play replays in that version?

MiCrOMaN1

Quote from: eaon21 on March 14, 2010, 05:47:30 AM
hmmm..i was out of town for about 2 weeks (i missed SC2)..and i found out that the patch is already version 5, when i opened sc2, patch 5 is downloading...what about patch 4,3, and 2...should i look for them also and download it...i mean i want my sc2 to be updated with patches... will be my sc2 really updated even though i dont download patch 2 3 4... if i should download them, where can i find it..?
They're all integrated. No need to Patch the other ones.
Our Greatest Resource is Our Mind ~ Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Check this: http://img123.exs.cx/img123/4497/gif1.gif

Popcornchicken

Quote from: [mrn] on March 13, 2010, 07:34:08 AM
Quote from: kgptzac on March 13, 2010, 04:21:23 AM

I had this weird "bug" when updating to Patch 5: when I launched the original SC2 and it started to patch, it showed me info about Patch 4 and not 5... But I guess it did update correctly anyways since in Beta Launcher it lists as "version 14356", and I can now actually see the visual effects in High-settings.

I had the same bug when I updated to patch five, I didn't notice a change until I looked at the patch notes on blizzard.

crazian

I thought Terrans are too strong already...hm. (I play terran but just saying)
now we don't have to worry about proxy pylon for early-mid games anymore, might as well spam more M/M.
but THANK GOD ZERG CAN'T CONTROL MOTHERSHIP ANYMORE!!
Platinum League, where you gets pwned