human zerg VS cheating AI 6.1.1 strategie/vid/discuss

Started by krutoistudent, March 12, 2010, 08:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krutoistudent

sc2 Z v T cheated AI 6.1.1 version , good game, full hd 1/2

sc2 Z v T cheated AI 6.1.1 version , good game, full hd 2/2

well , there is not much to say, was a great game , so close at some points and that agains AI !!! only a congratulation to the developer of it for this great match up ;-)

so guys how did you play as zerg agains cheating terran 6.1.1 ai?
really interessted if there are any easier ways to win agains it?!?
i really love lings and for some reason never build roaches agains terran, what you think is it easier with roaches?

krutoistudent

ah and in which quality do you guys usually watch vids? cause it takes hours to upload in full hd (if most dont use the 1080p resolution i will just stick with standard quality)

Ludicrous

just upload the replay file next time. it almost ezer

kblood

Quote from: Ludicrous on March 12, 2010, 09:12:38 PM
Although we would need the same maps as his and in the same folders. Or at least in the cache. I do not think it is enough just to have them in cache.

krutoistudent

Quote from: kblood on March 13, 2010, 01:24:44 AM
Quote from: Ludicrous on March 12, 2010, 09:12:38 PM
Although we would need the same maps as his and in the same folders. Or at least in the cache. I do not think it is enough just to have them in cache.
cache is enough, since i play on original maps

kme

So you actually have a beta, but are playing against AI.

Nexcon

Quote from: krutoistudent on March 12, 2010, 08:08:09 PM
so guys how did you play as zerg agains cheating terran 6.1.1 ai?
really interessted if there are any easier ways to win agains it?!?
i really love lings and for some reason never build roaches agains terran, what you think is it easier with roaches?

Man, you have exactly the same question I have, Protoss and Zerg are completely beatable, but cheating Terran is really impossible, there is simply no way, not for me. It would be great if someone can post a tip or two against cheating Terran.

Proxy

Watching that game made me cry inside. Get better.

neon

beating terran as zerg is kind of ez (fastest 6.1.1 cheating) once u can survive/harrass the first initial waves u can just generate creep on expansions and hes toast... AI builds anti air when u have air units... no air units no OL killers. Been working on a FE bo that can withstand the first 3 waves but by late game w/o harrass in a small map i get rolled.

Otherwise a standard one hatch tech/mass with queen larva can pretty  much obliterate the terran kill first wave units to his base start killing and reinforcing. gg ai terran micro > ai always.

How do you guys get to see your own replays? I always get a "Unable to open map" error.

krutoistudent

Quote from: kme on March 13, 2010, 07:08:35 AM
So you actually have a beta, but are playing against AI.
well i see it like a funmap playing agains ai, just wanted to see if it got improved since i last time played it

Nova

Personally, I can beat terran just fine, and zerg is a joke. Protoss AI is the hardest one for me.

crazian

hey guys,
not trying to be smug or anything but i think since i play terran, terrans are not that hard to beat.
my strategies are all but laughable in the hands of pros but:

~~~~early game you go
1. offense, 2~3 barracks with M/M combo spam (often used in pvp)
2. defense, few infantry with tanks sieged.
~~~~mid game you go
1. 2 front battle with tanks and inf on one side of battle field (they'll lose), and get 4-6 banshee to quick harass economy or even take down cc.
2. meanwhile defensively with tanks and 2-3 bunkers
3. expand quickly
~~~~late game you go
well, if you went air harass they'll counter with spam vikings, so get yourself more marauders.
and basically spam vikings protecting fleet of bc.
-or-
massive, at least shield upgraded M/M combo with some tank support and a few meat shield like thor
-or-
a combination of both

a sum up: spam everything if all else fails.

---------for protoss players:
early: stalker or rush colossi
mid: colossi with immortals, and anti-air
late: carrier spam, period.

--------for zerg players:
early: rush!!!
mid: spam hydras!! they're so strong!!!
late: corrupter, broodlord, hydras, ultralisks, just pick a few and spam, you make units so much quicker than terrans

that's just my 2 cents, not saying they'll always work, but the general ideas are:
AIs will play stupid if you attack multiple locations at once, they're only programmed to be efficient resource miner and unit spammer, so tactic is all you need. (use high ground, harass, ambush, micro, macro, everything)
Platinum League, where you gets pwned

kblood

I have been playing 1vs2 since team became an option, and since I seem to have been loosing quite a bit with zerg, I have been playing them. Also because they are my favorite choice of race.

I got up against a team of 1 zerg and 1 terran, using the non cheating 6.1.1 AI. In the old SC I managed to win against 4 AI. I know some managed to beat a full map of AI. I guess that is just my micro that is not that good, or I have not figured out the best tactics.

I played a few games to make this one succeed. The map was lost temple, and I started out making 4-8 spore crawlers.  I went expansion asap, before the spawning pool even.  After that I got the spawning pool, and an evolution champer, while all the drones I could. I made a queen for both hatcheries as soon as I could, and then kept building drones, making 8 spore crawlers when possible. That was enough for the first 2 attacks from terran and zerg.

I used my queen to heal the spore crawlers a bit. Sure is very important when playing defensive zerg. I then got some roaches and zerglings to help my towers, and four anti air towers in front of my spore colonies. After I had gotten my first broodlords I went to expand to one of the corner islands. The enemy zerg had the same idea so my broodlords removed that base. I then mostly used a combination of my broodlords and masses of corrupters and 3-7 broodlords to defend myself and secure another expansion before the zerg got to use it.

I think I mostly won by draining the AIs of ressources, but terran kept spamming air units so maybe not. Had 2-3 attacks of vikings and battle cruisers. They did succeed in taking out my first two bases, but they had not more gas or minerals anyway, so I just moved my towers to the 4th expansion along with all my units. Always had a few queens to heal my flying units. Zerg was also spamming corrupters after I had attacked them a bit, but no broodlords. They probably would not have helped zerg much anyway, my defenses were better than their attacks.

I guess I was lucky terran did not go for siege tanks :) I was happy to win against 2 AIs though, and I did not close the entrance, even though I do not know if that is even still a problem for the AI.

krutoistudent

give me some vid of Zerg vs cheating terran ai  :o

Giz

i finally managed to beat all 3 races when as protoss in cheating AI - hardest was Terran, easiest was protoss to beat. against terran if u can manage the initial waves of m/m and keep building up ur army then mid and late game of terrans was laughably easy