Dark Protoss Visual Mod

Started by random_user12, March 12, 2010, 08:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

random_user12

Hello, a few days ago I posted a tutorial on editing skin textures and have since found out that it is no longer necessary to edit the game files to get the new skins to work once they've been modified. Therefore I am Sharing my Dark protoss Mod with all you guys. Basically it changes all the normal gold looking toss into a dark silvery colour like the stalker void ray and DT.
here is a SS

And here is the DL: http://www.mediafire.com/?q2zyzrzfdmm
Just extract the folder into you SC directory and you should be good to go.

badkarma

Quote from: random_user12 on March 12, 2010, 08:26:11 PM
Hello, a few days ago I posted a tutorial on editing skin textures and have since found out that it is no longer necessary to edit the game files to get the new skins to work once they've been modified. Therefore I am Sharing my Dark protoss Mod with all you guys. Basically it changes all the normal gold looking toss into a dark silvery colour like the stalker void ray and DT.
here is a SS

And here is the DL: http://www.mediafire.com/?q2zyzrzfdmm
Just extract the folder into you SC directory and you should be good to go.

Hmm I extracted to my directory did nothing, could you be slightly more specific on the route path or where to put it please? Ty :)

random_user12

Starcraft II Beta/Assets/Textures

thats the directory the textures should be in, I included the assets and textures folders in the .rar

badkarma

Ahh sorted it! just the route was wrong! ty, looks amazing!

cloak123

Quote from: badkarma on March 12, 2010, 09:21:43 PM
Ahh sorted it! just the route was wrong! ty, looks amazing!

looks cool the silver and green kinda like they got green blood. Protoss dissapoint me not having blood, at least the goon used to bleed. Moar blood i say!

Obscene

It'd be great if you'd make Zerg and Terran Mod. I like this Protoss Mod. :D

s0y2

I would also like to see a terran and zerg mod.

Btw, this works 100% on battle.net, and as far as I can tell is undetectable.

You can see the changes, but your enemies don't know that anything is different.

emylgoth

Indeed, it gives a very cool effect.

starscraft-2-fan

is there any way that u can make a different texture for the zerg just asking :whistle:

random_user12

Quote from: starscraft-2-fan on March 16, 2010, 09:52:16 PM
is there any way that u can make a different texture for the zerg just asking :whistle:

what did you have in mind?

At the moment I'm playing around with Terran. Ive tried sticking dustin browder's face on the marine, instead of a yellow visor, but for some reason it doesn't show up in-game. So I'm gonna try replacing the terran portraits with different blizzard devs.

Ceron

i do not see my beloved mothership in the pic... :(

starscraft-2-fan

Quote from: random_user12 on March 17, 2010, 06:09:17 AM
Quote from: starscraft-2-fan on March 16, 2010, 09:52:16 PM

what did you have in mind?

At the moment I'm playing around with Terran. Ive tried sticking dustin browder's face on the marine, instead of a yellow visor, but for some reason it doesn't show up in-game. So I'm gonna try replacing the terran portraits with different blizzard devs.
well i like the purple that they have already but i was hopin that you vould add some metallic colors its all up to u if u decide to do it

starscraft-2-fan

Quote from: Ceron on March 17, 2010, 09:01:38 AM
i will get a pic of the mothership for u ok

starscraft-2-fan

Ceron

Quote from: starscraft-2-fan on March 18, 2010, 12:17:55 PM
Quote from: Ceron on March 17, 2010, 09:01:38 AM
i got u the pic if u still want it
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/1681/silvermothership.jpg
:) Thank you so much, it looks so cool! so many thanks! you deserve an applaud!