IAI v2.0c (Beta release)

Started by DarkZeros, March 14, 2010, 08:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuXue

Quote from: DarkZeros link=topic=1218.msg10863#msg10863   date=1268850585
PD: I just tried a roach attack, and the AI response   was -> lots of immortals,
then I tryed a Battlecruiser attack   -> VoidRays :P

What if the player goes mass mutalisk after roach?  ;)

I think a good AI shall do more scouting   (to find whether the player is upgrading its troops), and only build   around 50% of forces using the reaction system. The other 50% shall be   some standard mixture of units, and better be some high-tech units in   the end game with strong anti-air and anti-ground attacks, such as mothership + mass carriers.

ooni

imo this version is better than v6.1.1  :thumbsup:
Though there are a lot of similarities (marine rush and etc)
I played against T and P. They were both solid but I must say Terran AI was far superior. It was nice to see P use sentry shield though.
Overall good and I hope to see a lot more from this AI in the future.

DarkZeros

Quote from: SuXue on March 17, 2010, 10:32:38 PM
Quote from: DarkZeros link=topic=1218.msg10863#msg10863   date=1268850585
PD: I just tried a roach attack, and the AI response   was -> lots of immortals,
then I tryed a Battlecruiser attack   -> VoidRays :P

What if the player goes mass mutalisk after roach?  ;)

I think a good AI shall do more scouting   (to find whether the player is upgrading its troops), and only build   around 50% of forces using the reaction system. The other 50% shall be   some standard mixture of units, and better be some high-tech units in   the end game with strong anti-air and anti-ground attacks, such as mothership + mass carriers.
Thats exactly whait it does, scout, build antiunits, and if it does not have more anti units, then build carriers, etc. depending on the technology state.

godspiral

^^
if you're refering to my customization,

base.sc2data goes into usual place.   C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II Beta\Mods\Liberty.SC2Mod

If you want to change any of the defaults, then the extra .galaxy files go into:

C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II Beta

masky007

hey mate i managed to install it.. that .galaxy file was confusing me hehe,

so i tryed the protos.. i won the game on my first try using my strategy
check this thread http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/general-discussion/how-to-beat-ai-6-1-cheating!-with-zerg/ thats my strategy. Maybe you can use it to improve the AI somehow.. i beat him on the first try :((

here ill attach the replay also (but i couldnt play it i don't know why it says replay desync.. however i am using                                                                                                      StarCraft   2 BEST Tool ALLin1 (Offline Mode) v3.6.3 .. and the launcher says if i get that error that i need to change the dificulty to the proper one that the game was played .. thats what i did.. but still i got replay desync :/.. all other replays are playable.

WeakNiZ

Where do I put IAI_Config.galaxy?
And will it work if I also put a triggerLib folder in SC2Beta Root? Or will one of them overlap?

godspiral

Quote from: WeakNiZ on March 18, 2010, 12:54:42 PM
Where do I put IAI_Config.galaxy?

in root

>> And will it work if I also put a triggerLib folder in SC2Beta Root? Or will one of them overlap?

if you only have updated files from the AI, then it will use the triggerlib ones.  If you have files from other AIs, it will be flakey at best.

Sindrome

always 856kb and download stopping. unexpected end of archive.
can you place it on another store? please.

DarkZeros

Okay, i'll put it in multiupload.

I know that this AI is very similar to Starcracks. Thats because i just copy/paste the MeleeAI that they are using (so, the attack defend and waves are the same). I'm going to wirte myself a new one soon. Less waves and more organized. The actual MeleeAI is pretty buggy i don't like it.

Sindrome

godspiral

the Ai does ok if its ahead.  It stays in its base a lot though.  I don't know that mass imortals is good PvP, but that's what it likes  (i don't know if that is a reactive response to something).  I don't notice waves though with 20% cheating.  More like 1 wave (sometimes none... just counterattack) followed by turtling then mass attack at 160+ army if it survives.

It also seems when turtling that it doesnt chase stuff out of its base

DarkZeros

You are right, thats a MeleeAI problem, I am fixing it right now. I'm going to make just 2 waves atm (attack/defend) with scouts + home wave.

That will be enought atm for the AI to work much better than what it is right now, because it will attack the player faster, better, and will not turtle.