Ghost AI 0.6: probably the strongest semi-non-cheating Terran AI

Started by SuXue, March 16, 2010, 12:57:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuXue

I found this AI quite stronger than Starcrack or AMAI, or anything else available at the moment.

It is called Ghost AI 0.6, and it will balance its troops according to your forces and do harassment.

The Zerg and Protoss AI in it is considerably weaker but still very good.

Expand the zip to your SC2 ROOT directory and then you can play against it. That is, put the "TriggerLibs" directory directly under "C:\Program Files\StarCraft II Beta".

[EDIT: I find it still cheating. It has full map information which is why its harassment are so effective. It does not have resources bonus though.]

zumar

Idea with fast banshee was surprising. but when you come to him with banshee he makes ... what? Banshee! Game over. I saw it in TvT, ai vs ai.

Flame02

Is this a cheating AI, or does it actually have to see your units before it adapts?

klaretos

Quote from: Flame02 on March 17, 2010, 08:18:59 AM
Is this a cheating AI, or does it actually have to see your units before it adapts?

Read the title buddy.. NON cheating AI, it does scouting...

GodsMistake

Most definitly the hardest non-cheating AI Ive played against. Had two epic battles, that I both lost. And I usually win against Starcrack 6.1.1
Thanks to whoever put all the work into it! The sudden colossus that swiped my hives were real sweet.

Doix

The code looks like it's been adapted from many AI's :p.

harlowmoo

DarkZeros

This AI DOES cheat, its reading directly the units of the player without doing AIKnownUnits() to decide when to attack.

BTW, I see lots of peoples code there (even my own ChronoBoost :P).

But at first glance, it look a good AI, well coded.

crazian

:O banshee rush? That's my killa move!
it's counterable but kinda hard for all races, I'll give this a try once I'm done with all the work...urg
Platinum League, where you gets pwned

harlowmoo

Quote from: DarkZeros on March 17, 2010, 01:36:32 PM
This AI DOES cheat, its reading directly the units of the player without doing AIKnownUnits() to decide when to attack.

BTW, I see lots of peoples code there (even my own ChronoBoost :P ).

But at first glance, it look a good AI, well coded.

this ai is written by me from China, and it seems i mistook the author of your function for other person(mention in comments of my code), i apologise here~

brightb

hey there,
downloaded the files, put the TriggerLibs folder into mods and
started everything with the sc2launcher(blue icon), where
I can choose mod in bottom right corner, dropdown menue.
Started 1v1 on blizzsands and the message Starcrack 6.1 came,
did I patch sth wrong, wheren can i get the original files?

Thx
btw kicked ais ass 3times, so perhaps it really is strarcrack 6.1

Hajil

It's both better and worse than StarCrack 6.1.1 in my opinion. I played only 2 times so far, both me as protoss and AI as terran, and althought it's build order was very good, the AI doesn't seem to be adaptable. I lost first match due to early banshees that went straight for my workers, and second time I won using void rays. The AI didn't build any vikings and in both games their army was only marines/marauders/banshees/medivacs. It didn't build even one sige tank, viking or thor.

Definitely a primising AI, but it needs either more build orders (like StarCrack wich have 3 for each game phase for each race) or adaptability.

escudero

Harlowmoo where do you post your AIs? This one is very good.