Not all MapHacks need to be visual

Started by CraniX, March 17, 2010, 01:17:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraniX

So maybe someone wants just a little bit of an edge in a game and does   not want to cheat like hell & reveal the whole map, sound aid   anybody?
I think it would be tough for blizzard to stop this one, but this hack is private so don't ask just showing

Starcraft 2 Sound Hack Dev

MapHack v7 Pix
MapHack Sheppard Concept 4
MapHack Sheppard Concept 3
MapHack Sheppard Concept 2
MapHack Sheppard Concept

Starcraft 2 Hacking Development
http://hackdev.easyforum.ru

rehvan77

lol with all the work going into battle.net 2.0 they better be able to stop hackers  ::)

i'm sure in replays when you scout straight to the enemy base nobody will be able to tell...

hacks are for fags kthxbai!

cliffton

this will be just as easy to spot as regular maphacks when watching replays, especially since replays contain a players first person view.  Staring at areas where you shouldn't (or in this case actually don't) have vision?  Get reported, get banned.  Buy game again.  Win for Blizzard.  Assuming Blizzard decides to care of course :)

Gc7

I kinda doubt that this kind of Hacks will be very successful in SC 2, if it would give vision on the  mini-map, then we could talk about it, because in this one it would be pretty hard to find out, if he is hacking or just lucky. But in this one it is far more obvious as in the "original" map hacks. 
Ofc there will be people who will use them and so what? Non-Game is hack free, but this stuff makes it's easier for you to blame people and claiming that they are hacking without any proof, just because you are pissed off that they will beat you.
It's up to blizzard to make the Ladder hack proof, however it could be done or is done and as people stated in the professional scene, this won't matter at all.

s0y2

Are you loading these through a .dll or an extra program that watches the sent/received?

Maybe through an edit of an .mpq?

I know how blizz watches for hacks and it's not through your replays.

CrumbsMcGee

This isn't any different than a visual maphack as far as hack detection goes. You still edit something in memory, and its still just as detectable.

Rain[sun]

I did play a guy online who was hacking quite obviously, was in a custom game though. Not sure if ladder is hack-free still, maybe blizz boosted it witth extra protection
better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage