Best Launcher in your opinion.

Started by Mohed, March 18, 2010, 02:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloodyaugust

Valkiries online function is nice, but his has a few different bugs. His was also difficult to get to work.

Vernam's is excellent, absolutely the easiest to use.

However, if Valkirie can get his bugs worked out, I will use his because of the ladder.  :cheers:

MadSheep

Quote from: Bloodyaugust on March 21, 2010, 03:28:20 PM
Valkiries online function is nice, but his has a few different bugs. His was also difficult to get to work.

Vernam's is excellent, absolutely the easiest to use.

However, if Valkirie can get his bugs worked out, I will use his because of the ladder.  :cheers:

ladder???

btw

For me
1.  Zoxc's StarCraft II Launcher (simple UI)
all, but no location selection

2. et2010's StarLauncher (simple UI)
all,  but AI won't work in some maps (currently known: Blistering Sands and Scrap Station)

3. Valkirie's Starcraft II Beta Launcher (nice but big and heavy UI)
all, lot of bugs and still using lazylaunch.exe and modified Base.SC2Data

4. Vernam7's StarCraft 2 BEST Tool ALLin1 (Offline Mode) v4.6.1 (nice but big and heavy UI)
all, still using lazylaunch.exe, modified Base.SC2Data and much files for different operations

kingdomseed

My favorite is Valkirie's SCII Beta Launcher.  It now includes team support in the latest version.  I also love the ladder feature.  Not entirely sure how it works.  I guess if I have the "use internet" box checked, it posts my info to the ladder?

Organized_Chaos

Vernam's launcher is def the best one right now, IMHO.  It now includes teams, and doesn't have unnecessary "fluff" that Valkirie's has, like ladder... it's completely useless because everyone plays different level AIs.  So it pretty much just ranks you on how many games you've played.  Pointless.

Also, the layout is a lot better.  It doesn't take up the whole damn screen - instead, it's nice and small, and there are appropriate tabs for AI, maps, and replays.

GJ Vernam!!  :thumbsup:

ringlas

Quote from: Organized_Chaos on March 23, 2010, 11:54:34 AM
Vernam's launcher is def the best one right now, IMHO.  It now includes teams, and doesn't have unnecessary "fluff" that Valkirie's has, like ladder... it's completely useless because everyone plays different level AIs.  So it pretty much just ranks you on how many games you've played.  Pointless.

Also, the layout is a lot better.  It doesn't take up the whole damn screen - instead, it's nice and small, and there are appropriate tabs for AI, maps, and replays.

GJ Vernam!!  :thumbsup:

I definitely agree with Organized_Chaos, I have stayed with Vernam's launcher since the beginning when there were none, one of the first after lazy launch released their crack and it has been evolving to turn out to be the easiest, most intuitive to use and implement!
+ No map modifying, works with the original maps;
+ Teams;
+ Color, Position, Race selection;
+ Replays;
+ Intuitive GUI which I really enjoy;
+ Regular updates! You just click the Update button and it updates all by itself without side effects;
+ Comes with Starcrack's 6.1.1 AI, the Starcrack team have my personal admiration and I would love to see what will come up with their 7.0 release;
+ Of course, if you don't like that AI you have the option to change it anytime.
+ Rename, delete, add map/replay/AI files, etc...

Last but not least, it works smoothly on XP, 7, Vista and after the last fix it is the most stable launcher!

This,of course, is my personal opinion and it turned out to be a free commercial but I am just a happy user who wants to share his experience.  8)

MadSheep

Valkirie's and Vernam7's is not actual launchers but front ends to the lazylaunch2.exe

DarkRahzeil

Quote from: Zexon on March 21, 2010, 06:39:58 AM
The best launcher in my opinion is Valkirie`s launcher: excellent GUI and  contains all you ever needed + a LAN function. Recommend it to all

Is this true? Can you really play a LAN match using Valkirie's launcher? If so please explain to me how! If not, is there a launcher that does have that feature?

gskellig

I cannot find a single launcher that fits all of my requirements. I keep having to switch between two.
I want:

1. All races and colors
2. Works with teams
3. Handles replays well
4. Map preview
5. Loads multiple AI's. (Easy, Medium, Hard, etc). So I don't have to switch out files.
I do not care what it looks like.

NO launcher does all this. A couple look like they have team functionality but it never works.

ringlas

Quote from: gskellig on March 26, 2010, 02:49:38 PM
I cannot find a single launcher that fits all of my requirements. I keep having to switch between two.
I want:

1. All races and colors
2. Works with teams
3. Handles replays well
4. Map preview
5. Loads multiple AI's. (Easy, Medium, Hard, etc). So I don't have to switch out files.

NO launcher does all this. A couple look like they have team functionality but it never works.

I am just curious, which of this is not supported in the ALLin1 launcher? 

Simon-T.

Quote from: ringlas on March 26, 2010, 03:22:29 PM
Quote from: gskellig on March 26, 2010, 02:49:38 PM
I want:

1. All races and colors
2. Works with teams
3. Handles replays well
4. Map preview

I am just curious, which of this is not supported in the ALLin1 launcher?

I have some problems with viewing replays because of the "not synchron" bug. In my SC2 folder the original sc2basedata-thing-file is placed :/
limpbizkit.com - the real music source

brightb

Quote from: 4tyn on March 26, 2010, 03:55:28 PM
I have some problems with viewing replays because of the "not synchron" bug. In my SC2 folder the original sc2basedata-thing-file is placed :/

same here.

I have 2 more requirements:
-works with 1 (me) vs 2 (no launcher can do that, it will be a free for all)
-can load different ai for each computer player

Not very important requirements but it would be nice. The current launchers are good anyway.

DarkRahzeil

Quote from: DarkRahzeil on March 26, 2010, 01:49:32 PM
Quote from: Zexon on March 21, 2010, 06:39:58 AM
The best launcher in my opinion is Valkirie`s launcher: excellent GUI and  contains all you ever needed + a LAN function. Recommend it to all

Is this true? Can you really play a LAN match using Valkirie's launcher? If so please explain to me how! If not, is there a launcher that does have that feature?

Zexon or anyone, I just need to know. Is there a way to have LAN matches?

RobinHood

Quote from: DarkRahzeil on March 26, 2010, 06:18:11 PM

Zexon or anyone, I just need to know. Is there a way to have LAN matches?

I don't think any launcher has LAN functionality at the moment. Might have been a typo.

the_ace

vernam7's launcher of course! who needs a bling-bling-GUI? vernam7's launcher works perfectly 4 me and is more userfriendly than any other I've seen.
But for some reason since a few days it says: "Patch file not found! Try again later!".
I hope this Project didn't die.
Still looking for a beta key. If someone could invite me...

Hades

All the launchers fail to work for me... exept for StarLauncher v1.34d (which i find works great)

So... it does the job very well has cool features and works flawlessly.