Best Launcher in your opinion.

Started by Mohed, March 18, 2010, 02:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

berrykerry789

Carrier Has Arrived...

iLLu

Valkirie launcher was the best for me. I tried the SC2ALL one but that did something with the difficulty where the AI didn't expand.

I haven't tried Starlauncher, though.

Fresh

I personally am a fan of Valkarie's launcher. It's great, easy to use, downloads maps, has multiplayer support, and a lot of other cool features! Not to mention it looks pretty sick as well. Very easy installation. Thanks Valkarie!

Vernam7

lol i enjoyed this conersations i have to say

1st of all let me thank all of you who support and use my tool(30.000downloads) if you compine all the others together still you get less than half og that, i know lots of people just download never post topics, so what we say here its not 100% real ;-)

, but also i challange anyone else with our latest release 6.7.x
dont missundestand me, but compairing launcers is one think, but compairing them to the same spots

for example
-stability-bugs
-UI-friendly easy to learn and easy to master
-Support and Updates
-basic functionalities (not like SHOW FPS bs, just to make more checkboxes on the ui :P all those are optional in your game menu)
-replay parsing and understanding of AIs

so compaire using as much as possible same critiria.

dont get me wrong i admire also 1-2 other launcers out there, but there is nothing that trully supports and has it ALLin1....i think you know what i mean

sure there are tools aout there for more Advanced users, or users that like to keep coping paste arround files.
best of favorit is a term sometimes very different to everyone

i just want to say that this is great and i enjoy doing it, and share knowledge with other programmers arround.

dont forget the end point is for you guys to enjoy this great game, cause we dont have the time to do, we are enjoying helping you!  :thumbsup:

have fun everyone! and remember to give shot at 6.7.x ;)

ev-

Actually I use sc2 launcher because its so nice to add AIs (just triggerlibs no .sc2data).

I used the Allin1 before too, really easy to begin with, but it bothered me that you cant just use the triggerlibs since im to stupid to handle the mpq editor :S

big + there would be the ability to play replays...

ringlas

Quote from: ev- on April 06, 2010, 03:11:50 AM
Actually I use sc2 launcher because its so nice to add AIs (just triggerlibs no .sc2data).

I used the Allin1 before too, really easy to begin with, but it bothered me that you cant just use the triggerlibs since im to stupid to handle the mpq editor :S

big + there would be the ability to play replays...

Trigger libs are more advanced feature for playing different AI's and with ALLin1 we are talking about easiness. The AI's that have good support from their creators also have base.sc2data file so you could easily switch it whenever you wish and then return the default back. Huge plus!

About the replays... I think Vernam's launcher has it all :) 

LebK

Verman7's SC2ALLin1 Launcher Tool v6.7.0 is the best for me. Tried others but felt this one is the best. Has everything that I need and more. Been some buggy versions here and there but the latest version is great. Love how you can choose your location now with just a single mouse click on the minimap. :) Plus many other cool little features.

Thanks Verman7!!!

Mohed

So now I have had the time to play around with a couple of launchers and in my opinion the Vernam7 launcher is my favorit. It really have everything i need and is so easy to set up an use. Only thing i miss is the opportunity to choose random map, much like blizzards own matchmaking system. Except that its perfect, and im sure it will be updated regally.

Rokrdude

Quote from: LebK on April 06, 2010, 07:44:49 AM
Verman7's SC2ALLin1 Launcher Tool v6.7.0 is the best for me. Tried others but felt this one is the best. Has everything that I need and more. Been some buggy versions here and there but the latest version is great. Love how you can choose your location now with just a single mouse click on the minimap. :) Plus many other cool little features.

Thanks Verman7!!!

No doubt its is best .Earlier I used to use valkirie's starcraft 2 beta launcher but that lacks the option of watching your own replay's(you can watch Pro replays still).Till now , I think this is the only launcher with which you can watch your own replay i.e games you play with different versions of AI.
And yes option of random maps i would be great if it is possible.

Man7a

For me, i would have to say the following are the 2 best Launchers from what i have seen and heared

Valkirie and Verman7's.

Valkirie 0.28
i installed, no problem, getting the maps location was easy aswell as the AI. which led me to make AI folders that said Easy, Hard,  Cheating, what ever i want so i know what ai i am playing, since there are Ghost AI with the Aiur update, that is different from Strategy AI yet same difficulty, So this part i enjoyed of the Launcher.

replays are easy to watch but it is unfortunate that you cannot see what the map or player are that plays it.

i love the one screen UI where everything is selectable. and its clear and easy to read.
Ladder was a nice idea although i never use it.

What i do not like is the fact that it does not have a game speed setting.
Also the Launcher takes 4-5 seconds before i can start selecting after i started it.

Verman7's 6.7.2
I installed, ran the Launcher everything worked besides getting a "unable to open map" when i  Launch the game which has to be a fault on my PC so excluding that ( downloaded the original maps ).
Verman7 did allot of afford to make this Launcher easy to use yet glamorous at the same time, picking AI and having the duficulty was neat. altho hard to spot weather its cheating or not, and not so friendly when it comes to changing between AI's like Ghost, Strategy and so on. which is probably why i'm not able to run

You can select your Game speed you want to start with. Big +!
And watching replays is grand.

So for me, if and when i figure out what this Error is i'm getting. i would be bloody hard to chose between the 2 if:

Valkirie implements game speed
and Verman7 could have a way of working the AI, so that one could pick between AI's 'since they have different ways of fighting'. i'm not sure how hard ghost AI on 'hard' is compared to 'normal' if they cheating or not.

all in all. My 2c.

Great work guys
Manta

Vernam7

thank you all.

yea sometimes specially after blizzard patches things change or get buggy, never give up and in the end i think i fix them.

p,s what happent to Valk's launcher? is it trullu dead the topics havent been answered for days-weeks and the main topic is in trush???

did i missed something? can someone inform me up?

Nova

Redneck

Quote from: Vernam7 on April 09, 2010, 09:04:26 AM
p,s what happent to Valk's launcher? is it trullu dead the topics havent been answered for days-weeks and the main topic is in trush???

did i missed something? can someone inform me up?

Ya what happened to him??
Btw Great Job verman7  :thumbsup:  it's the one i use!

feedmeh8

Vernam's launcher is the best by far at the moment imo.

Syryuu

I like Valkyrie's Launcher since its user friendly and straighforward..It's just sad there are no updates anymore..

Edit: ...