Mapster Tower Defense

Started by vjeux, March 18, 2010, 05:06:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vjeux

First Tower Defense of Starcraft II. It's pretty much work in progress but is quite working :)
It has been made thanks to the SC2Mapster Galaxy API.

Download Mapster TD
There was a problem with the AI causing waves not to be sent correctly. This is now fixed! Redownload the map to play it.

== Game ==

Towers

• Nicoli_s Tower: A really slow tower that can be upgraded later.
  • Sixen Tower: A medium tower that has a good DPS.
  • Ckknight Tower: The ultimate tower. Pwn's everyone in sight.
Waves

• Drone: Build fast, you need it!
  • Zergling: Hopefully you survive this phase.
  • ?: You need upgraded towers
  • ?: Will you get there alive?
  • ?: Defeat this wave and win the game!
== Play it ==
Installation:

One time:

• Remove all your custom AI scripts
  • Rename "...\StarCraft II Beta\Versions\Base14356\patch.mpq" to "patch_real.mpq"
  • Copy "patch.mpq" to "...\StarCraft II Beta\Versions\Base14356\patch.mpq"
Always

• Double click "launch.bat"

Uninstallation

• Delete "...\StarCraft II Beta\Versions\Base14356\patch.mpq"
  • Rename "...\StarCraft II Beta\Versions\Base14356\patch_real.mpq" to "patch.mpq"

== Edit it ==
There's a full map development environment given. So it's easy to edit the map and/or edit your own maps.

• Modify any file inside the "Files\" folder
  • Run launch.bat
  • (If you can't see the trigger debug, get into windowed mode)
  • Enjoy

CrumbsMcGee

do the units ever come? i played for a few minutes and after reaching max buildings i walked one of the spore towers out of the base and found a bunch of motherships and ultralisks and drones. the motherships attacked, but ran away if i attacked. I waited a while and they never came...

vjeux

Hmmm, do you have any AI files in your Starcraft II folder? Did you copy the patch.mpq file?

vjeux

I'm really sorry. There was a bug due to the AI taking control over the units ... This is now fixed !

Also, I've played it many times and my record is the Pylon having 134/200 armor remaining.

veselu

At level 4, Colossus came at the back of the Pylon. Is this inteded or just a bug? In another try they came from the front as all other waves did.

LE:
The bug reported above didn't occur for the next 5 restarts so it's not happening too often.

The map is really simple to finish with full energy/HP on Pylon:
http://imgur.com/GsNz1.jpg

Nice work mate and keep them coming :D

vjeux

Since the colossus are able to walk through the different cliffs levels they may go the way around if you are blocking the main path.

Anyway thanks for the feedback ... I am impressed that you finished with full life, couldn't manage to do it :(

veselu

It's quite simple: look closely at my screenshot, just build Canons in front of each other in a straight line.

Btw, I'm trying to modify the map and add more waves to it but I've stumbled upon a problem: I can't get all 3( I added more but the problem still arises ) Motherships to attack the Pylon, only 2 go to attack, one stays behind. Same goes when adding 5 or 6, 1 remains and the next wave doesn't come since 1 unit of the previous wave remained behind.
Going back to debugging.

vjeux

Strange ... I don't really know where it can come from. Did you change the wave script?

If you need any help, I'm available on irc at irc.freenode.net at #SC2Mapster

When making new waves, make sure you add
        <DefaultAcquireLevel value="Defensive"/>
to the unit or it won't attack the pylon

DragonBlade

at me isn't work:(
if i make like in tutorial i control the builder but the waves/creeps don't came... and if i use the normal files i control the creeps :|

claudiu111

vjeux

I've recorded a video for those who don't want to install ithttp://www.youtube.com/v/RGyJMXsFdlE#

DragonBlade

lol... that SCV is from Mapster TD map? ???

samzonx

Hey guys, new here :) (hi btw)

just curious, do you need the cracked SC to play around with this map? i have the offical beta but id like to mess around with some editing and custom maps.. Thanks in advance :)

- edit nvm i should probally read the whole thread before i post - lol

Unholyfox

ive tried but i get an error when installing:

TriggerLibs/NativeLib_beta.galaxy: No such file or directory.

Any help?

well.. i got it all to work but i dont get any money..