Question? Ask Here

Started by Myst, March 18, 2010, 09:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nyorai

#3 requires a lot more information such as the server language the site uses and if you're going to be hosting these files on the server.

I can easily make this in .Net but your site needs to support it and you'd have to be able to host the files.

Unless you're ok with just posting links to external sites such as rapid share etc. Plus if we're going to save this to a database I'd need to know which database, MySQL, MS SQL, etc. Not an easy task to do if you have limited access.  :-[

Myst

Quote#3 requires a lot more information such as the server language the site   uses and if you're going to be hosting these files on the server.

I   can easily make this in .Net but your site needs to support it and   you'd have to be able to host the files.

Unless you're ok   with just posting links to external sites such as rapid share etc. Plus   if we're going to save this to a database I'd need to know which   database, MySQL, MS SQL, etc. Not an easy task to do if you have limited   access.  [img alt=:-[]http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/../../../Smileys/DarkB/embarrassed.gif

Operating System: Linux                                                         PHP Version: PHP 5.x                                                                                                            

The database uses MySQL.  And the files would be hosted on this server, or an external link can be provided by the user who is uploading it. 

Tresh

I will attempt and make a #3, and i will host it in my own server. However i don't want people knowing the domain (Yet). Is it ok if i make a screenshot of it and then send the address to you over by PM?

EDIT: One more thing, will the winner's name be on the banner / menu / whatever? Or will you, from deadline day, own the winner's work?

Myst

Tresh

Bump cause i realize you missed my edit :)

Myst

ill consider leaving a name on it if its there and is too difficult to remove :P

shady1080

is it possible that nobody made an entry 2 til now? i think im gonna try it =) do u guys have any restriction in length of the video? 2 to 3 minutes would be okay?

Myst

Its been asked, you should make whatever length you feel would be good enough for you.

krombi

#3 Question :
All users should be able to upload files or just the admin(s)? And what kind of files?
And another question - could be fine to use one layout or its required to have different themes for it?

Myst

No not anyone can upload files, just admins and users assigned to a specific group, i.e moderators.  Files such as the map files, scripts, etc, and all the other basic file extensions. 
One theme is fine

zTaya

what kind of options should #3 have? I.E. game? Race? Type? the mirc one has options like what mirc version obv can't use that

Myst

Should just be a standard download system similar the one on mirc.net, while a list of downloads based on whatever section you click, and when you click on a specific download it brings you to something similar to what happens when you click on one of their downloads

mineisbigger

Do you guys want a logo or a banner I'm a little confused?

Myst

aggressivEn00b

how come people are posting stuff with the blizzard artworks? slightly modified only? isnt it against the rules?