PETITION - MAKE BLIZZARD TO IMPLEMENT LAN IN SC2

Started by masky007, March 19, 2010, 03:14:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rain[sun]

Didn't read most of it since I know the subject already, but Blizz is, believe it or not, a combined group of people thinking. I do believe they are smarter than you or me, and I do believe they haven't told us a 1/4 of what they are doing or the reasoning behind it. They know the subject of piracy as well as anyone, and I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure they know what features they implemented in the original game.

That being said, there is a reason(whatever it might be) that they chose not to provide LAN, and as I've stated many times I don't personally care, due to the fact that it doesn't change my experience in the slightest.
Korean league was LAN, and seeing as how they are Starcraft's biggest market I think its naive too assume Blizzard forgot about them. 

Not to mention im not "forgetting" anything, I clearly stated the ones I heard of. Meaning, knowing people who went or organized. And my point was, again, based off the fact that a large group of gamers (nearly all who weren't in Korea and played SC with friends) used 3rd party programs to play with LAN latencys. And, low and behold, they were identical to regular LAN games. I was merely pointing out it was possible over SC, and I don't doubt its possibilities over SCII.

Jus sayin
better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage

Rain[sun]

I disagree that a point changes based on the level of caring on my part, but that's your call. I bring points up because people don't always understand both sides or even their entire view, and sometimes people can use the insight.
Not sure what you mean by "trollish", but I'm giving my view on the subject. Your welcome to take it any way you please.
better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage

totocows

I have never really played starcraft or anything vea lan. But, some of my freinds have decide to buy the new game when it comes out. It kind of sucks now that they dont have lan play for the new one becouse it would make things alot easier to play with each other if we are with each other but... I dont really think a online petition is going to solve the issue. Not to be downing on starting it though.

Bliss

No petition is going to change the fact that they are not going to include LAN. No argument will change that fact. Stop fighting for it. You think that just because Blizzard doesn't include LAN, the Korean gamers are not going to play the game? Obviously Blizzard hasn't forgotten about Korea, after all, it's their biggest supporters. And they made the decision still, to cut out LAN. They have gone through this within their company hundreds of times, and decided it's in their best interest to cut out LAN.

Anyways, how is LAN play exactly easier to play than regular? Regular, you just connect to the Internet and go. LAN play you need to bring X amount of computers and connect them all together. Really easy.