Protoss Life

Started by zeratus, March 19, 2010, 03:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

berrykerry789

hmmm... i play protoss myself...  atm, i do a zealot/stalker/immortal build, because i cant adapt the plan at any time in the game. 

still looking for a beta key... if any1 could give me one, it would be much appreciated....

edit: just got my key
Carrier Has Arrived...

dan5187

Quote from: Ceron on May 04, 2010, 04:50:08 AM
They only had good micro, but very slow build.. i have my immortals and stalkers attacking enemy base at 6 min :)

Pheonix are ONLY good if you have more of them then the enemy have air and Only if enemy does not have marines or hydras.

ya cool story bro, youre better than nony? lol the kid is pro since sc1.

Amberdilis

Actually, I was extremely against this thread but then I just got raped by a guy who went marauders with 2 ghosts who emp'd my ass off. Ghosts are too fat imo. needs an HP nerf xD

epsiSlow

...and still protoss is winning 54% against the other races each in the duels matches. Maybe you (the one that opend the topic) dont know how to use them ?? try another race or RTFM :P

________
epsiSlowest

dan5187

Quote from: Amberdilis on May 10, 2010, 10:15:11 AM
Actually, I was extremely against this thread but then I just got raped by a guy who went marauders with 2 ghosts who emp'd my ass off. Ghosts are too fat imo. needs an HP nerf xD

ghost cost a lot of gas to get to and also cost 150gas to make T_T.  try zlot/sentry rush

Bedervet

just to add my part to the debate:

You can't compare all races, terran are differents from toss like toss are differents from zerg.
They have weakness and great forces each.
Toss have the two better scout in the game, the probe wich is very effective with her shield in early time, an the the observer wich cost a lot but always cloack...

They haves the gateways, you just have to build pylons to send units, then even zealots become mobile.

Someone said he lose against marauders and ghosts, you need to scout more, if you had noticed that there were ghost you could have searched for blink, hit and run is very effectiv with the shield, you attack the ghost and leave  before taking too many damage, reload the shield and attack again , if your micro and your scout skills are good enought you can easly choose the place of the battle.

Its true in some situations its hard to react corectly, but if you need to be told the perfect counter to everything it means you are not good enought and may go back in silver or worse....

Amberdilis

Quote from: Bedervet on May 10, 2010, 05:08:24 PM
just to add my part to the debate:

You can't compare all races, terran are differents from toss like toss are differents from zerg.
They have weakness and great forces each.
Toss have the two better scout in the game, the probe wich is very effective with her shield in early time, an the the observer wich cost a lot but always cloack...

They haves the gateways, you just have to build pylons to send units, then even zealots become mobile.

Someone said he lose against marauders and ghosts, you need to scout more, if you had noticed that there were ghost you could have searched for blink, hit and run is very effectiv with the shield, you attack the ghost and leave  before taking too many damage, reload the shield and attack again , if your micro and your scout skills are good enought you can easly choose the place of the battle.

Its true in some situations its hard to react corectly, but if you need to be told the perfect counter to everything it means you are not good enought and may go back in silver or worse....

Actually, it totally caught me by surprise coz I had my observer in his base whole game but I never saw a ghost silo or whatever it's called. He must've hidden it. And I hope not man I wanna keep my gold xD seriously tho, I've only been in beta for 3 days so.. cut me some slack xD

berrykerry789

speaking of going back to silver, i just got my key.. and am playing on the korean server... OMG... THEY ARE SO PRO... im only bronze currently since i just started playing and am not quite used to everything yet... meh, hope i get into the silver ranking :) ...
btw, i play protoss and i find beating terran quite difficult for some reason...
Carrier Has Arrived...

Gamewiz

I play Protoss primarily (rank 4 Gold) and I can say they are not gimped at all. In fact, whenever I face off against Terran, I practically laugh because it's always such an easy match, unless it's a Platinum Terran player that could totally kick my ass. The problem is that Terran players rely so much on M&M balls that they become so easy to counter. In the beginning, just get straight to stalkers (since Terrans love that marauder push, and it helps guard against reaper rush), then just start pumping a decent mix of stalkers, zealots, and sentries. That mix will beat an M&M ball every time, as your chargelots are the perfect meat shield. If they try pumping tanks (rare), a couple immortals will destroy them.

And if you really want to slaughter them, 2 Collossi or some templar will own an M&M ball. Terran players almost always go bio, so just expect that from the start and you'll win 75% of your games against them. And if you scout properly, you'll be able to counter if they decide to throw a curve ball and go mech.

Zerg is another story for me... I have a hard time against Zerg, but that's just my issue, not the issue with Protoss.

iounas

Quote from: Gamewiz on May 11, 2010, 09:29:07 AM
I play Protoss primarily (rank 4 Gold) and I can say they are not gimped at all. In fact, whenever I face off against Terran, I practically laugh because it's always such an easy match, unless it's a Platinum Terran player that could totally kick my ass. The problem is that Terran players rely so much on M&M balls that they become so easy to counter. In the beginning, just get straight to stalkers (since Terrans love that marauder push, and it helps guard against reaper rush), then just start pumping a decent mix of stalkers, zealots, and sentries. That mix will beat an M&M ball every time, as your chargelots are the perfect meat shield. If they try pumping tanks (rare), a couple immortals will destroy them.

And if you really want to slaughter them, 2 Collossi or some templar will own an M&M ball. Terran players almost always go bio, so just expect that from the start and you'll win 75% of your games against them. And if you scout properly, you'll be able to counter if they decide to throw a curve ball and go mech.

Zerg is another story for me... I have a hard time against Zerg, but that's just my issue, not the issue with Protoss.
Lol me too.. Im just afraid of zerg for some reason.. Zerg just dominates in map control and scouting..
Leave some base undefended and tons of fast zerglings kill everything and retreat when my slow army comes..
Zerg has overlords all over the place and creep tumors for vision and my shitty expenc5ve observers die all the time that I dont even bother making them..
Are they that visible? Hover them over terran - scan and a kill.. zerg has overseers with them so they die instantly..
And they just die so fast.. If it runs into a missle turret it just dies in 3 fast shots..No chance to save it..

Im using phoenixes in all my matches now.. So much easier to do a fly by over their base to see what they are doing and to check for other expansions around the map.. Observers are too slow for that..
I dont like being in dark..
How to use observers? I watch my replays and players always see them and kill them.. Like my first obs going in their base and I can see from their POV that they are watching it and following it..
It would be better if they were really invisible or their price reverted.. 100 gas for something that dies so easily isnt worth it..

sapphire789

Yeah !! 

ALL want now what is my Protos Life? 
Yeah !

When beta coming i opt in and watch my Gmail 70x daily.. Weeks for Weeks key didn't come...
many nubs play and good old sc/wc/oldies cant..

When i arrive from school i must watch Youtube... when i want see some sc action.
When iam bored i can only go out and smoke because i play only blizz games...
I angry...bored...
Blizzard betrayal all of us..fans..

That is my Life... 

At last we have revenge..

PS: no one of 20k SC beta players cant invite one dumb ass (me) to beta.. :( hell no 

Your Angry..Bored..and revengefully SC fan..

Bedervet

QuoteYeah !!

ALL want now what is my Protos Life?
Yeah !

When beta coming i opt in and watch my Gmail 70x daily.. Weeks for Weeks key didn't come...
many nubs play and good old sc/wc/oldies cant..

When i arrive from school i must watch Youtube... when i want see some sc action.
When iam bored i can only go out and smoke because i play only blizz games...
I angry...bored...
Blizzard betrayal all of us..fans..

That is my Life...

At last we have revenge..

PS: no one of 20k SC beta players cant invite one dumb ass (me) to beta.. :( hell no

Your Angry..Bored..and revengefully SC fan..

WTF?

zeratus

New patch is up and you maybe not believe but Prostoss i nerf again  :D .The key word here is again. Anyway i just wanna to give applause for roach nerf. This must be done long ago.

Amberdilis

Well, it's a very minor nerf so I don't mind

Rokrdude

Quote from: zeratus on May 13, 2010, 02:26:06 PM
New patch is up and you maybe not believe but Prostoss i nerf again  :D .The key word here is again. Anyway i just wanna to give applause for roach nerf. This must be done long ago.

Compare to zerg nerf it is nothing

Roaches supply count to 2 now only mutalisks left to nerf
as hydralisks hp was already nerfed in previous patches :ticked: