Official Beta AI

Started by ElizLestrad, March 20, 2010, 01:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElizLestrad

I was wondering, it seemed that no matter what mod I set the beta to, I always ended up with StarCrack's grossly overpower AI Does anyone have a link to the AI that actually came with the beta, you know one thats actually a normal difficulty and not some steroid enhanced super bot whose only setting is whether or not it cheats (which is kinda redundant actually, since its so OP to begin with setting it to cheat seems more of a formality then anything else)?

gg.sc2

Starcrack 6.1.1 is not grossly overpowered or a "super bot", it's quite beatable. If you're playing the standard and still losing, it's not the AI that needs to be toned down, it's your skill level that needs to go up. Everyone's been there at some point in their SC gaming whether it's SC1 or SC2; you'll eventually get better if you train yourself.

Now to the problem; you're probably installing the AI wrong. If you have a TriggerLibs folder in your directory, get rid of it unless you mean to use the AI from it. It will overwrite any Base.SC2Dat file you have in your mods folder.
Also, make sure you're replacing the Base.SC2Dat in your Liberty.SC2Mod folder, not LibertyMulti.SC2Mod or Core.SC2Mod.

Since this is CRACKED beta, I doubt you will find the official AI anywhere. If you could, then don't you think everyone would all be using it to play or build off of? On second thought, according to what I've heard blizzard's AI sucks balls compared to the work done by turd and other scripters in this forum. I wouldn't know though, I don't have official beta.

Nova

Tone done the elitism, gg.sc2.

ElizLestrad, you need to get the original Base.SC2Data to get the original AI and also delete any triggerlib folders you have. A fresh re-install will definitely fix your problem.

comando123

Quote from: ElizLestrad on March 20, 2010, 01:06:55 AM
I was wondering, it seemed that no matter what mod I set the beta to, I always ended up with StarCrack's grossly overpower AI Does anyone have a link to the AI that actually came with the beta, you know one thats actually a normal difficulty and not some steroid enhanced super bot whose only setting is whether or not it cheats (which is kinda redundant actually, since its so OP to begin with setting it to cheat seems more of a formality then anything else)?

just reinstall the beta client and you should have the original AI files restored emidiately

totocows

Starcrack 6.1.1 is not grossly overpowered or a "super bot", it's quite beatable. If you're playing the standard and still losing, it's not the AI that needs to be toned down, it's your skill level that needs to go up. Everyone's been there at some point in their SC gaming whether it's SC1 or SC2; you'll eventually get better if you train yourself.

Now to the problem; you're probably installing the AI wrong. If you have a TriggerLibs folder in your directory, get rid of it unless you mean to use the AI from it. It will overwrite any Base.SC2Dat file you have in your mods folder.
Also, make sure you're replacing the Base.SC2Dat in your Liberty.SC2Mod folder, not LibertyMulti.SC2Mod or Core.SC2Mod.

Since this is CRACKED beta, I doubt you will find the official AI anywhere. If you could, then don't you think everyone would all be using it to play or build off of? On second thought, according to what I've heard blizzard's AI sucks balls compared to the work done by turd and other scripters in this forum. I wouldn't know though, I don't have official beta.              I like the beta that the guys here have made. On the subject of the difficulty I like to increase the difficulty of the ai. Ill tell yah that alot of time i end up losing in the end but after that i always learn something about the machanics of the game and do a little bit better (or ocassionaly worse X]) each time and eventualy beat the ai. I dont like to use the cheating version of the ia though becouse thats not really playing a far match against something. ai stands for Artifitial inteligence which would mean that to person is try to create a replica of what a human being would act like as if they were playing the game. Im looking forward to 7.0 Becouse then the enemy will act more like as if i was playing against a person. He isnt really harder as in like it has greater hit points or gains resources quicker, he is behaving in a more logical way to the opposing conflict.

totocows

sorry i didnt mean to just copy gg.sc2's comment i mean to quat it. He said every thing above the third paragraph.