StarCraft II Beta Stack Hack

Started by Darkunknown2, March 20, 2010, 10:12:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkunknown2

I found that you can decrease the amount of block a building takes and   the colliding issues.  this is just a MPQ mod. Put the GameData in StarCraft II beta Directory and play.   Triples everything including starting bases(Command Center, Nexus).

You   can easily edit this with notepad. GOOD LUCK!

LINK:  http://www.multiupload.com/3YIWORSUAH

EDIT:    Youtube video: StarCraft II Beta Stack Hack
  It   PROVES IT.

If you need help post here.

Parabola

Alimarin

I cannot find how you made the units spawn in threes, can you show me where? (It's probably staring me right in the face, but I am having a brain fart right now, I can usually find these things.)

Zexon

Thanks for this , it will really help me with my 100 simultaneous nukes  video.

Sacroidd

Lol, kinda funny to see the buildings stacked together making a super defense haha, I'm gonna try it, just for curiosity :)

Darkunknown2

Yay, people like my release.  Stay tuned im coming up this a Protoss OVERPOWER and everything will stack! :D

Darkunknown2

Quote from: Alimarin on March 20, 2010, 01:17:53 PM
I cannot find how you made the units spawn in threes, can you show me where? (It's probably staring me right in the face, but I am having a brain fart right now, I can usually find these things.)

You can't edit how much is spawned. It's only tripled because it's overlapping the MPQ so there everything is tripled.

Spirit6666

This is awesome :)
Ill go try it out right now!

Bloodyaugust

Quote from: Darkunknown2 on March 21, 2010, 11:47:29 AM

You can't edit how much is spawned. It's only tripled because it's overlapping the MPQ so there everything is tripled.

Actually you can. Your idea intrigued me, so I started to look through the different XML files. In RaceData, you can see how many buildings are spawned, as well as SCV's, and starting cash. However, when I modded mine, I modded the Terran's only, and then no matter what race you pick in the launcher it forces you to be terran. I tried adding 12 marines to start with, but for some reason it didn't work, my guess is that the spawn offsets have something to do with it.

Will be forthcoming with any new info.

Artanis186

Just a reminder to those who can't read, this is in fact just a mod. It would not work publicly online.

Darkunknown2

Quote from: Bloodyaugust on March 21, 2010, 03:22:23 PM
Quote from: Darkunknown2 on March 21, 2010, 11:47:29 AM

Actually you can. Your idea intrigued me, so I started to look through the different XML files. In RaceData, you can see how many buildings are spawned, as well as SCV's, and starting cash. However, when I modded mine, I modded the Terran's only, and then no matter what race you pick in the launcher it forces you to be terran. I tried adding 12 marines to start with, but for some reason it didn't work, my guess is that the spawn offsets have something to do with it.

Will be forthcoming with any new info.

I meant to say you cant control how much you can spawn from barracks, factory, etc.  I deleted the racedata.XML and there was 1 command center.  There is nothing in there that had to do with the amount of command centers you start with, however there is for the SCV's and it's tripled in game.  If i got rid of UnitData.XML it wouldn't spawn 3 at a time from barracks, factory, etc. UbliData.XML dosen't seem to triple anything.

Whitak3r

I got super stack to work with Photon Cannons. I had to edit a couple different places though. Here is what I edited:

From UnitData - I made it look like this:

<CUnit id="PhotonCannon">
        <Facing value="1"/>
        <Race value="Prot"/>
        <Mob value="Multiplayer"/>
        <FogVisibility value="Snapshot"/>
        <LifeStart value="9000"/>
        <LifeMax value="9000"/>
        <LifeArmor value="1"/>
        <LifeArmorName value="Unit/LifeArmorName/ProtossBuildingPlating"/>
        <ShieldsStart value="9000"/>
        <ShieldsMax value="9000"/>
        <ShieldRegenRate value="600"/>
        <ShieldArmorName value="Protoss Plasma Shields"/>
        <AttackTargetPriority value="20"/>
        <Radius value="1"/>
        <SeparationRadius value=".5"/>
        <Footprint value="Footprint.5x.5Contour"/>
        <PlacementFootprint value="Footprint.5x.5"/>
        <ScoreMake value="750"/>
        <ScoreKill value="2250"/>
        <ScoreResult value="BuildOrder"/>
        <SubgroupPriority value="2"/>
        <MinimapRadius value="0.25"/>
        <EditorCategories value="ObjectType:Structure,ObjectFamily:Melee"/>
        <FlagArray index="Turnable" value="0"/>
        <FlagArray index="PreventDefeat" value="1"/>
        <FlagArray index="PreventDestroy" value="1"/>
        <FlagArray index="DefeatReveal" value="1"/>
        <FlagArray index="UseLineOfSight" value="1"/>
        <FlagArray index="TownAlert" value="1"/>
        <FlagArray index="NoPortraitTalk" value="1"/>
        <FlagArray index="AIDefense" value="1"/>
        <FlagArray index="ArmorDisabledWhileConstructing" value="1"/>
        <AIEvalFactor value="0.8"/>
        <Attributes index="Armored" value="0"/>
        <Attributes index="Structure" value="0"/>
        <PlaneArray index="Ground" value="0"/>
        <Collide index="Burrow" value="0"/>
        <Collide index="Ground" value="0"/>
        <Collide index="Structure" value="0"/>
        <Sight value="499"/>
        <AbilArray Link="BuildInProgress"/>
        <AbilArray Link="stop"/>
        <AbilArray Link="attack"/>
        <BehaviorArray Link="Detector499"/>
        <BehaviorArray Link="PowerUserBaseDefenseSmall"/>
        <BehaviorArray Link="UnderConstruction"/>
        <CardLayouts>
            <LayoutButtons Face="Cancel" Type="AbilCmd" AbilCmd="BuildInProgress,Cancel" Row="2" Column="4"/>
            <LayoutButtons Face="Stop" Type="AbilCmd" AbilCmd="stop,Stop" Row="0" Column="1"/>
            <LayoutButtons Face="AttackBuilding" Type="AbilCmd" AbilCmd="attack,Execute" Row="0" Column="4"/>
            <LayoutButtons>
                <Face value="Detector"/>
                <Type value="Passive"/>
                <Behavior value="Detector11"/>
                <Requirements value="NotUnderConstruction"/>
                <Row value="1"/>
                <Column value="0"/>
            </LayoutButtons>
        </CardLayouts>
        <GlossaryPriority value="100"/>
        <CostResource index="Minerals" value="10"/>
        <GlossaryCategory value="Unit/Category/ProtossUnits"/>
        <WeaponArray Link="PhotonCannon" Turret="PhotonCannon"/>
        <ShieldRegenDelay value="1"/>
    </CUnit>
    <CUnit id="D8Charge">

From AbilData I edited it to this:

<InfoArray index="Build8" Category="Army" Unit="PhotonCannon" Time="0">
            <Resource index="Minerals" value="10"/>
            <Button DefaultButtonFace="PhotonCannon" Requirements="HaveNexus"/>
        </InfoArray>

You won't need to edit Abildata, this just make instant build, lower/changed minerals and make it so you don't need to have a Forge to build. So you can just build next to any pylons.

Notice I changed "Seperation Radius" as well. This was at like 2, I think. Then I edited the footprint down to .5 .5 so I don't have to align to grid. You also will have to edit "Burrow" and "Ground" Or I wasn't able to stack them EXACTLY ontop of each other. If you use the code I posted, you can stack just like you could in SC1, directly on top of each other. If you don't change what I changed, you might end up getting you probe to give you the "Cannot reach the target" message. :)

Here is a test result:

Edit:

I might have changed some things I DIDN'T need to for it to work, I was tired of changing 1 thing and trying it though. If you change the settings I have for any unit you want to stack, it will work, I have tried with a few so far, no errors. :)