Starcrack OPEN SOURCE SVN: Launcher and EMU

Started by usmc23, March 20, 2010, 12:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freundschaft

hey guys, i tried the server, but does it have to bind to the ip of   12.129.206.131?

cause it says bad server when i change it to 127.0.0.1, is that still due to the validity check of the client?
I take two steps forward, two steps back. We come together 'cuz opposites attract.

delirtenadam

Quote from: delirtenadam on March 28, 2010, 07:52:25 AM
Quote from: MadSheep on March 27, 2010, 09:33:54 PM
I download the SC2Emu.exe from
http://starcrack.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/SC2Emu/bin/Release/

i run it in my test vm and i have some problems

1. I have the enUS version of the game!
2. i Found the US server ip (12.129.206.131) and i changed the ip's
3. i installed the .net 4.0
4. Run the SC2Emu.exe to VM
5. I started the client but nothing hapend the client trys to connect but nothing, SC2Emu console shows only this message "StarCraft 2 Emulator by StarCrack"

is the exe in the release folder outdated? and why simply don't redirect the ip with the host file?

how works?

??? please

MadSheep

Quote from: Freundschaft on March 30, 2010, 08:56:16 AM
hey guys, i tried the server, but does it have to bind to the ip of   12.129.206.131?

cause it says bad server when i change it to 127.0.0.1, is that still due to the validity check of the client?

Quote from: delirtenadam link=topic=1333.msg14407#msg14407   date=1269958501

??? please

it is still in development the files in the SVN is outdated

as for the how it works

1st
you need to redirect the server ip to your local host so to send the packets locally

2nd
you ran the Bnet emulator

3ed
you start the game and vouala..... you can connect to your server!

usmc23

You do not need to run it inside of a VM.  You need to have the loop back adapter installed, when thats done turn off netbios on that adapter and set the IP to be the b.net ip address.

Im Aware of the host file change, but when we hack passed the IP check SC2 crashes.

Bobbias

To clear this up a bit: Starcraft 2 expects the server to have a specific IP address. If you use the hosts file to redirect traffic from the b.net server to your computer, what happens is that when Starcraft 2 asks what the IP of the server is, it gets 127.0.0.1, not the proper IP address, and crashes, because there is code there specifically to stop us from using the hosts file. That means that we need to use a way that redirects traffic back to your computer but still looks like it has the same IP address.

That's why you need to use the loopback adapter, or a virtual machine.

At least, as far as I understand things.

I'm wondering though... If that's true, how would you connect an external copy of SC2 to the server through the internet? I think you'd need to have a layer between the second client and the server, "spoofing" the connection to make the second player's SC2 think that it is connecting to the right IP.

usmc23

We got the quick game to partly work. Progress 3 Video: emu_progress_3.wmv

kutie

awesome!

i'd have to say that this is the second uber-MAJOR breakthrough, after the login validation :)

great job, guys!

MadSheep

Nice Work!!!

dodongbadong

wow very nice, little more..  :jig:

i cant wait for the next video.. i wonder what more surprises it would offer.  :thumbsup:
You make your best AI script "cheating or not"
and ill test it for you
- FREE-

delirtenadam

very very very very nice...
[/color]
[/color]I want to play as soon as possible

balnazzar951

Awsome!!
Keep Up the great work  :cheers: :cheers:
Cant Wait for the emulator  8)
Starcraft 2 Beta

glx

In first thank you for you job !!! :thumbsup:

But I have some questions...
I have built the EMU with the SVN r72 with VS2010 and .NET framwork 4.0 . :jig:
I have installed  loopback adapter ,I desactivate NETBIOS, set 12.129.206.131 IP (I have a US client) .
I ran the SC2emu.exe in /bin2  .
I ran my starcraft II.exe ( I tried to use XTTloader but it crash everytime after few second and I'm not able to build it. I tried to launch sc2 with  a lot of other launcher too)
And I have the same result in sc2  "you've attempted to connect to a bad server please try again" when I try the password "starcrack"... :(
But the SC2emu.exe works well when I try a wrond password.... ::)

What did I missed? Which launcher do you use with the sc2emu ?

Thank you again :)

ps: I try xttloader in Windows seven 64Bit and Win xp sp3 and different mcvs100d.dll but still crash ...
ps2: I try to change code to be able able to build xttloader in VS2010. like change w_char xxxx[] with LPCSTR xxxx . But at the end the build did'nt work...

edit:

usmc23

For the password its "starcrack".
Progress Video 4, Quick Match works better, Join Game List Populates, Map list Partially populates, the next step is to get to the lobby screen.
emu_progress_4.wmv

treckin

Nice Nice Nice Nice!

I have a question -- are you going to have to decrypt all of the unit and action packets to implement them in the emu, or with this method, does sc2 do all the work once it believes its authentically connected to bnet?

This is purely for my curiosity, as well as to give me an idea of how far away you are from joining a game from the lobby etc.

dodongbadong

man that was a teaser... ???

continue more please :thumbsup:
You make your best AI script "cheating or not"
and ill test it for you
- FREE-