Starcrack OPEN SOURCE SVN: Launcher and EMU

Started by usmc23, March 20, 2010, 12:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gamewiz

Quote from: Naga on May 05, 2010, 03:36:55 PM
So the project is not more open source T_T!??

After getting sued by Blizzard, but then subsequently dropped, you really think StarCrack is going to remain open-sourced?

Draugur

Quote from: Gamewiz on May 05, 2010, 04:59:05 PM

After getting sued by Blizzard, but then subsequently dropped, you really think StarCrack is going to remain open-sourced?

hrmm, wasn't just one guy sued? is not like the other members can't continue the work (if they can actually do something other than backstabbing other developers)

mikezter

deleted, sry

Gamewiz

Quote from: Draugur on May 05, 2010, 09:42:13 PM
Quote from: Gamewiz on May 05, 2010, 04:59:05 PM

hrmm, wasn't just one guy sued? is not like the other members can't continue the work (if they can actually do something other than backstabbing other developers)

The entire StarCrack group was sued, but they specifically targeted usmc as the "leader". However, charges were dropped for some unknown reason, but even though they were dropped, it's not like StarCrack would keep this thing open-sourced. I'm surprised if they just didn't scrap the project all together.

Myst

There were a couple people sued, I know of like 4, think there was like 6 others.  They targeted the major groups that were involved in posting info publically.  The reason the charges were dropped because everyone complied with the charges.  Each person who got sued had to sign saying they will no longer provide, help, or be involved with anything blizzard hacking or third party developing now and in the future.  They are still allowed to play blizzard games though, just not allowed to reverse them :P

miguelgalit

is starcrack team really sued? I thought that  vernam7 is working with them... too bad
I dont like microing. Hahahaha

Vernam7

Quote from: miguelgalit on May 18, 2010, 03:55:25 AM
is starcrack team really sued? I thought that  vernam7 is working with them... too bad

i am just fine. ;-)
http://sc2.nibbits.com/assets/starcrack-allin1/

5az0rg

I'm currently working on a server emu (shh) but I'm having some issues with decryption of some packets. I wasn't lucky enough to get the source code of this when it was available, but would it be possible for someone to post it somewhere so I could take a look at it. This would be greatly appreciated...

Myst

come to the irc channel or check out the wiki.  Posting anything further about SC2 is just a bad idea.

5az0rg

Ok thanks for the quick reply. Coming to teh irc!

hectorzx

Quote from: usmc23 on March 20, 2010, 12:20:08 PM
Starcrack SVN(EMU and Launcher):
http://starcrack.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ starcrack-read-only
Make sure you read ReadMe_How_To_Setup.txt

I can not see it. User and password?¿

Amberdilis

When you go to the site, a log in just pops up much like when putting in a router's ip ;)

deadcode

parnz

For lately Developers, Build from scratch is the only way since it goes to private source :'(

Linko

I don't know if this is the right place to post this... but:

http://www.code-gen.net/codegen/

They claim to have a fully working emulator. Final version 1.0, etc...